Unironically, why are there so little women in tech...

Unironically, why are there so little women in tech? There's no shortage of them in my university classes for finance or law or business, but in the IT courses the male female ratio is like 10.

On average female test scores are very close to men's, even in specific areas. So why are there so little females?

>Inb4 seething incels

Attached: 1562268939172.png (1500x1500, 3.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tiJVJ5QRRUE
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6477922/
faculty.cord.edu/andersod/GenderParadox.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=6VUZ9dsj-bE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dial 8

Because the fascination of manipulating lifeless things (and making living things lifeless) is hardwired into the male hominid brain is main assumption.

Also I would Ashley, Lauren and Miru.

Because tech has historically been a boy's club, so less women get into it at a younger age. That's it.

Tech is inherently a male thing, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I've worked in three different career paths

Tech, Finance, and Marketing/Administration

They all go to marketing. All of them. They're too stupid for technology and finance, not to mention anything that requires manual labor. Administration and marketing both require hospitality skills and feelings. The only things woman are capable of doing in the short term.

The whole employment demographics is depressing. Women do not belong anywhere in the workforce. They are best to raise the next generation at home and in our neighborhoods. This is why our population is dying and subsequent generations are getting shittier and shittier.

Attached: 80d7b5d38e35ffc3e3db4cdb4a1bdf1eed90da3a9831d1787faf6da0d6c36c77.jpg (810x1024, 146K)

Because they aren't interested in it. Better question is, why do you care enough to make this a thread almost everyday? There's even less women in construction, why? Because they aren't interested in it. Who the fuck cares?

Attached: 1561066739419.jpg (680x793, 41K)

lack of interest because of how society views women. women are more likely to have social jobs that work with people like a teacher or nurse while men are more likely to work with "things" like a mechanic or computer programmer.

In egalitarian societies people conform more strongly to gender affinities as they are motivated less by financial incentive. Women are inherently more social and steer towards jobs with human interaction. Men are more analytical and interested in the inanimate and mechanical. This has been shown repeatedly in many studies to not be learned or socially constructed and even newborns only days old have shown the same data.

Link to studies?

is there an operating system that was mostly written by a woman?

Ada Lovelace doesn't count.

why? i learned coding by coming in to my secondary school and typing out programs from magazines. there wasn't any rule to say girls couldn't do that. i was the only one at the time with the motivation.

It's not a social construct, we're hardwired this way. Testosterone literally makes you more autistic and manly. Estrogen makes you sentimental and flippant.

Shut the fuck up, incel. Everyone is created equal and exactly the same.

Nobody is saying that you can't, dipshit. Try reading the post again.

>picking dumb generic instathots instead of the only physicist in the grid
Dumb.

Just search "gender equality paradox scholary articles"

Even pozzed countries like Norway can't deny it.
youtu.be/tiJVJ5QRRUE

Most women don't care about it or find it interesting.

I asked for a link to the studies you mentioned, not a youtube video.

>Testosterone literally makes you more autistic

gonna need some source on this, most of the autists i know are unquestionably low T while the "manly" testosterone fueled chads i know aren't autistic at all. not even about fucking women or sports or cars or working out or whatever, they really just seem to have no strong, specific interests

>hardwired
Ah, here comes that geneticist and his fourth grade interpretation of Darwinian theory. There's always one in a discussion about differences in any two groups.

dilate

i believe the bit about estrogen making women more "nurturing", but there is no way testosterone makes you autistic

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6477922/
It's one theory

>can't provide sources

Attached: 1562031145105.jpg (403x394, 34K)

Are you really looking for sources or just any excuse to deny reality? I could list dozens of studies but you would only look for self validation.

/thread

I'm genuinely interested, go ahead and link them now.

I'm not even the guy who made the claims. It's just interesting you guys only singled out his claims when multiple others were made in the thread.

Getting into tech does not help them to seek attention which goes against their reason for existence.

Of course they can do it, its just that they don't want to. Further more, most men don't want to do it either. Its a very specific skill and interest. Even a slight difference in biological aptitude can have large effects, and when you combine it with social reinforcement the difference becomes even greater. Even if we don't like in a horrible patriarchal society where women are not encouraged and men are, the reality is that if a guy starts coding, he'll meet other men like him and he's likely to make same sex friends, the reality for a woman however is that she'll likely lose same sex friends.

What? I'm interested in the subject and wanted to review all the facts. This really shouldn't be an issue if he just links what he's referring to.

Imagine picking anyone other than Eliza.

I didn't mean women couldn't learn programming. I meant that it is deeply a male thing to get interested in tech, and that's why there are far less women in tech. And that is perfectly fine and not a problem by any means.

he did tell you how to look it up yourself and you didn't. Literally the first study that comes up if you just google what he told you to google.

faculty.cord.edu/andersod/GenderParadox.pdf

I wasn't asking for him to tell me to google, I was asking to review what he had read. Furthermore, the abstract of that article claims that girls performed close to or better than men in the majority of countries they examined (it also appears to be focused on cultural differences in relation to STEM fields). This is why I was interested in what he read; it's become apparent to me at this point that he was just pulling shit out of his ass, though.

Being a woman is an easy mode. Tech job is hard, boring and unpleasant. They rather find something more easy.

but who is the best Jow Forums ethot memegirl

Attached: 1562143901267.gif (250x250, 2.93M)

Gib muffin.

Rose without a doubt

They're trying to act asian now. The roastie is adapting. Fascinating.

>the abstract of that article claims that girls performed close to or better than men in the majority of countries they examined (it also appears to be focused on cultural differences in relation to STEM fields).

Indeed. Nobody is saying women can't do STEM. The point people are making is that women aren't interested in STEM. The cultural aspects the article talks about directly indicates that as women are allowed the freedom to pick academic pursuits independently, they tend to avoid the STEM fields. The only rational reason for that that is biologically driven interest because you've effectively eliminated cultural influence on the students.

>in egalitarian societies people conform more strongly to gender affinities as they are motivated less by financial incentive. Women are inherently more social and steer towards jobs with human interaction. Men are more analytical and interested in the inanimate and mechanical. This has been shown repeatedly in many studies to not be learned or socially constructed and even newborns only days old have shown the same data.
This was his original claim btw
And this is what the study the other guy linked confirms.
>we call this the educational-gender-equality paradox. For example, Finland excels in gender equality (World Economic Forum, 2015), its adolescent girls outperform boys in science literacy, and it ranks second in European educational performance (OECD, 2016b). With these high levels of educational performance and overall gender equality, Finland is poised to close the STEM gender gap. Yet, paradoxically, Finland has one of the world’s largest gender gaps in college degrees in STEM fields,and Norway and Sweden, also leading in gender-equality rankings, are not far behind (fewer than 25% of STEM
graduates are women)
I really don't give two shits if they people who made the study want to find a cultural cause for it either when the claim the original guy made is confirmed right there. It's pretty obvious from the beginning you've been biased towards the cause being societal/cultural instead of biological since you only called out his post. Then you tried to flip flop around and pretend to be neutral. I'm not really I interested in debating with someone who is being dishonest about what position he is arguing from either, so I'm done replying to you.

because women are stupid. the more HIGH IQ the job, the fewer the women. see physicists, mathematicians, statistician, chemist, IT, programming etc.

So it's clear there's no conclusion. Needs further examination. Therefore the claim the guy made were indeed out of his ass.

women are more social than men and both of those involve people far more than IT

Please be mentally ill somewhere else

Please spoonfeed me on how you saw any conclusion in that.

probably the same reasons you dont run into many competitive and competent female gamers.

I was in civil engineering we started out pretty close 50/50 but by the end of it there was like 1/10 ratio, interestingly the ones that stuck it out got better grades than most guys. (can't report success after school as I'm a SE now)

To compete in STEM you need to be willing to give your life up for it. Women will never do this. Instead they will aim for whatever gives them the highest amount of options (law and medicine or other kinds of counselling/consulting).

While partially true most young women and children do not show interest in technology on the level boys do, things like "getting a turn on the computer" at school and having an interest in video games is just so much more rare independent of outside factors.

I wish I had this screen shot of the results from one of those shitty Women Who Teach girls to code organizations gave like 10 year olds a few starter classes on coding then tested them and they were mortified to find that the boys were marginally (relatively insignificant but noticeable) better than the girls lol.

Unironically autism.

4 out of 5 persons with autism are males. Most programmers are slightly inclined towards the autism spectrum. Add balance to the autism male/female ratio and the problem of women in tech will fix itself.

>le autism meme)))

Imagine being a woman and being told your entire life by other women that there are no women in tech. Then imagine going to your first comp sci class and getting sat next to a fatty that smells. Then imagine having to listen to every person you know tell you every time they learn about your major or interest "Oh thats a pretty male dominated industry isnt it? What got you into it?". Now imagine how hard it must be not to swallow a gun knowing that this will be your entire life if you continue learning in STEM. Congratulations you now know why there are so few women in STEM.

Tech is hard, and there's right and wrong answers to problems. Women never do anything challenging.

You worked them in this order?

>(((girl)))

>pic related
wtf is this cancer?

Women don't like any difficult subject, that's why they are the majority of teachers and nurses

>tech has historically been a boy's club
Wrong. There were a lot (insofar as there were a lot of programmers at the time at all) of female programmers in the mid 20th century. That was when programming wasn't something you could learn in school.

The field became predominantly male with the advent of university programmes with large numbers of graduates.

why do white women all look the same?

Attached: ahin1[1].jpg (1200x1600, 152K)

sort of, but most women just genuinely aren't interested in it either. Notice how despite the massive push to get women in tech, there still aren't any? There's literally zero women at the place I work except for the accountant

Low IPC

(you)

>tech is hard
So why is it saturated with retards?

>white
Miru is half japanese, and Anzu is fucking turkish.

wtf why is this thread allowed

Mods are asleep

this is all due to signals men and women receive all throughout their lives. Do you not know anything of social reproduction? of how humans are a group-learning species? how do you think children learn language? learn social patterns? learn 'good' behaviour (that's specific to their society)? Human's main adaption is imitation (within bounds) so as to further the needs of their group. The reason women aren't interested in tech is, simply, because other women aren't in tech, because men are already dominating the field, which has political origins. The reason it continues today is not because of some biological imperative for women to not be into STEM (as if our so previously-evolved ancestors had any preconception of what 'stem' is, or what use it would have? or do you Really think the whole human species has changed in the last 100 years)

this is wrong and incredibly stupid
'men have the programming gene' or whatever argument is lacking in source and ascientific

/thread

fucking this
all it takes is a moment of critical thought and observation of real life, and hell maybe Asking The Women Themselves, not just loose ponderings of some politicized and mystified notion of 'biology'

but as if anyone here talks to women

there's no mods at all, dude, but anyway wtf
where's some manners and culture and all shit

>a lot (insofar as there were a lot of programmers at the time at all) of female programmers
that was an extesion of the typist job occupied by female. they're not really programmed in the sense of software engineering, but more like typed the code in the fucking punch cards

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x350, 26K)

>on average test scores are very close to men's
it's not like they are bad at it user, it's just that they aren't interested

this whole thread is full of comments reflecting a fact-value gap nobody wants to address

it is a logical fallacy to assume that because society exists in a certain way today that it must exist that way. Values simply do not imply fact. Of course, that's simply the easiest assumption to make from someone who doesn't -want- things to change, but now we're talking about the real heart of the problem: if anyone were actually okay with women being more involved in tech they would not believe the logical leap that 'women aren't interested in tech' presently means anything at all about how things should be. It's not an argument. It's as lacking of scientific or logical procedure as is saying 'the sky is green, that doesn't mean there's a storm approaching, the sky is just green because it looks green, and we should not change our course.'

Nobody dares ask why women aren't interested in tech because it involves an evaluation of society as a whole and one's role in reproducing that society, which nobody who spends their time on Jow Forums wants to do.

why not

>it is a logical fallacy to

Attached: tumblr_my7qnds7tt1rwpj7mo1_500.gif (500x375, 990K)

Because we have free society and women are allowed to choose whatever career they want. Women are naturally more people oriented so they don't pursue tech jobs.
In countries like Iran where there is more sexism and discrimination, there is lots of women in stem.

Look up gender-equality paradox.

It's not about keeping things unchanged but rather to let society/market be free so it can stay in equilibrium. Do not force anyone to do anything, do not try to change things in a way you think they should be. Just let anyone who is interested in STEM join it. If someone is interested in something else, let them be. Do not divide people by their gender and let the meritocracy and liberty rule it all.

If they really are interested in the subject they would pursue it no matter what other people thought. I think that if I am having fun and not bothering others then it is fine to do whatever it is I'm doing. Do women feel the need to do what others tell them to and not what they want to do?

Retards become code monkeys after hearign that there is big money to be made. Exactly why it is saturated.

technology is intensely biased towards "male brained" thinking, this is so obvious I don't know how people who ask this question aren't trolling, surely you've actually met a female at some point in your life

I miss ashley bros
youtube.com/watch?v=6VUZ9dsj-bE

>this is all due to signals men and women receive all throughout their lives
no its not you fucking retard
men and women have basic characteristics that are the same in every society ever

>When you're trying really hard to sound smart

How the hell do YOU pronounce "dial'?

Attached: 1543378704822.jpg (882x754, 91K)

die-all (but the 'all' is short)

Cobol

Dial 8 = die-all eight
Dilate = die late

you go girl! Let us judge who should or shouldn't be in stem!

Just how little are these women exactly?

Seriously though, go read James D'amore's memo

Katya>Rose>Lauren>Miru>Ella

The rest doesn't matter

Eliza is a drug addict

Ashley is a nazi

Crispy is creepy

Ilay got ugly

for me its bonbi

Attached: 1556903083763.gif (274x300, 3.05M)

>it is a logical fallacy to assume that because society exists in a certain way today that it must exist that way.
cool, now explain why changing society is any more of a moral imperative than keeping it the same

>finance and law been around for millennia
>women doing just fine in these fields today
>b-but tech is historically a boys club

Attached: 1502636651082.jpg (845x883, 141K)

Testosterone stimulates the growth of a brain region that suppresses the social areas of the brain. It happens before you are even born. Except in the gays, where nature makes a whoopsie. Hence men can tolerate interacting with inanimate objects for long hours whereas women prefer working with people.
Source: I forgot where. Sorry.

Attached: teletubby commando.jpg (389x411, 22K)

>some arthoe Ukrainian whore over a witty physicist
No

All the girls in that pic are pretty, can't decide

She looks like some sort of alien. It's creepy.