Stop hating notches. It makes you look low IQ

stop hating notches. It makes you look low IQ.

Attached: day_of_the_train.png (2109x968, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fhVUIliug34
theverge.com/2019/6/26/18759380/under-display-selfie-camera-first-oppo-announcement
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People hate notches because they're visually unappealing, not because of screen real estate.

Attached: DSCF6318.0.jpg (1200x800, 66K)

I see people post about
>notches cutting into screen real estate
at least once a week in >>>/spg/

>rotates screen to watch a video
>there is now a notch cutting into the content i'm watching
that's a smart design you've got there

Attached: notchy ive.jpg (560x640, 41K)

>notch in 2019
lmao

>what is aspect ratio

Attached: 1538622504017.jpg (220x240, 14K)

are you blind? do you not see how the image proves you wrong?

Are you fucking retarded? The notch is static, if you rotate the phone to watch a video, it will be on the side of the display, cutting off part of the content being watched, and not where the status bar is.

They do, aka cameras on them does.

Most phones aren't 16:9. There's black bars around the content.

now put it in landscape faggot.
> pic related

Attached: notch.jpg (2274x6000, 1.61M)

the cope

notch defenders need to be put down

Who the fuck uses landscape for anything other than media consumption?

some apps work better in landscape, also games. Don't try to justify the notch, makes you look low IQ user...

*gets BTFO by water, dust and sand*
you're right, this is a great solution

I use a notchless phone (Mi Mix 3) but I had the iPhone XS prior and had literally zero issues with the phone. I couldn't care less if some idiots on Jow Forums thought I was low IQ.

>some apps work better in landscape, also games. Don't try to justify the notch, makes you look low IQ user...

lmfao the only reason you should ever be turning your phone sideways is to watch a video or take a landscape picture.

literally ever phone has a port and that is not a problem

> low iq tripfag
filtered

You're oversimplifying it. The gripes with notches are:
>It blocks the middle of the notification bar. You usually lose the battery percentage to compact the right half down, and if you get a bunch of notification icons, you lose some of those.
>If you rotate the phone into landscape, the notification bar is across a long edge and the notch now cuts into the side of your app.
>Apps that hide the notification bar have to be specifically written to know about the notch. Many apps aren't, and as a result sometimes you get controls that are partially or entirely blocked by it.
>If a video fills that part of the screen, it just looks ugly. You can gripe that 16:9 videos don't go into the notch on most phones, but content creators are beginning to make ultrawide content that does.
>It's ugly.
>It's no longer needed what with chinkphones coming out this year that put the selfie cam and so forth behind the screen, finally allowing edge to edge screen with no notch.

Anyone using VNC or TeamViewer for instance. Or if I want to read a web page that isn't mobile optimized. Or a PDF whose text is uncomfortably small in portrait. Or if I want to side-by-side two normal vertical apps.

DUDE

NOTCHES

LMAO

>notch is clearly taking up screen real estate
>it doesn't take up any screen real estate

Attached: 1474972443196.jpg (213x362, 10K)

So what's wrong with a bezel phone again? i don't see how half a centimeter save is a good real estate

Far left one is the best.

>wanting a camera on the front
>not autohiding your notification bar
zoom zoom

Samsung camera notch is the funniest.

A port is much, much, MUCH easier to water/dustproof than a camera on a motor.
Case in point: Please point me to a waterproof phone that has a moving camera.

NOT A NOTCH*
It's a HOLE, not a notch! Got it? Say it with me: IT'S A HOLE, DEFINITELY NOT A NOTCH.

> you're using it wrong bro!!!
typical brainwashed apple sheep that would even defend their macbook keyboards

How about we just stop making phones without cameras?

>So what's wrong with a bezel phone again?
You could have a larger screen in the same or even a smaller body.

I want a phone without a front camera or a notch, why is that so fucking much to ask. Not everyone is a teenage girl who needs to take selfies

People lost their minds when they started getting rid of the headphone jack. Imagine the shitshow that would happen if they got rid of cameras.

>I'd rather not have a camera at all than deal with a notch
>I'd rather have my phone be significantly less functional than have to see somewhat of a cosmetic eyesore sometimes
the lowest iq post of all

Very few people feel the way you do. No one's going to spend so much money designing a phone no one will buy because two spergs on Jow Forums wanted it to exist.

Attached: if g made the iphone.png (618x968, 530K)

>blaming 3rd party [x] that doesn’t comply to the guidelines
>thinks he’s flaming the 1st party
Gtfo

yea because that half of a centimeter is a huge fucking size, i mean the pop out camera phones are fucking comfy but still feels kind of pointless

>It blocks the middle of the notification bar.
Good. Both Android and iOS are guilty of pumping it full of unnecessary shit like the name of your carrier or icons that don't really give much context.
>You usually lose the battery percentage to compact the right half down,
A problem, but not a huge problem. If the battery icon is granular enough, it should give you a pretty accurate ballpark on where your battery is sitting. If you want a more in-depth and precise estimate, then you just pull down the notification area.
>if you get a bunch of notification icons, you lose some of those.
Good riddance. Notification icons do nothing but tell you you have notifications from a certain app. Not useful at all, especially when notifications are displayed directly on the lockscreen nowadays anyway.
>If you rotate the phone into landscape, the notification bar is across a long edge and the notch now cuts into the side of your app.
Which is why the newer phones that have notches also have a much longer aspect ratio. The spaces next to the notch can be seen as secondary displays which only provide static information like time, battery, etc. When you turn the phone to landscape, those displays are now sitting on the side rather than the top. The application itself remains unaffected outside of the fact that you now still have a tiny bit more space vertically in landscape mode.
>Apps that hide the notification bar have to be specifically written to know about the notch. Many apps aren't, and as a result sometimes you get controls that are partially or entirely blocked by it.
Which is why hiding the notch is pointless as it negates the purpose of having a notch in the first place.
Embrace it.
>If a video fills that part of the screen, it just looks ugly.
It does, but ultrawide content tends to look ugly anyway, regardless of the phone it's playing on. A phone with a notch will cut it off and a phone without one will give you ugly black bars and a smaller image.

It's waterproof and the camera can open and work just fine underwater, you absolute mongoloid.
-posting from my OP7 that makes notches utterly obsolete

Stop apologizing for notches when under-display cameras are already here.

Buy a phone with a pop-up camera.
>hurr it'll break
I though you don't need it?

This.

So it has a sort of flexible rubber bellows inside the mechanism? It works, but it will hold some moisture.

screal

Have fun with your dark and murky selfies

Notches are fine if they're reserved for shit like the time and 4g/lte/cell service stuff. Rounded notches look bad, a squared off one would like a million time.better.

Based and redpilled

When I see someone with a notch phone in their hands I get so fucking angry. I want to slap it out of your hands and STOMP on it. CRUNCH!

Citation needed.

It could be fucking diagonal as long as phone remains symmetric. Notches ruin symmetry.

youtube.com/watch?v=fhVUIliug34
I'll give it the benefit of the doubt as the technology is still in its earliest, prototypical stages but as of right now, that's just not a practical option and won't be for at least another 5 years until it's possible to make an under-display camera that is entirely unfettered by the display.

>all the comments are about apple
why

>Oppo does acknowledge that putting a screen in front of a camera will inherently reduce photo image quality, with significant problems like haze, glare, and color cast needing to be overcome.
theverge.com/2019/6/26/18759380/under-display-selfie-camera-first-oppo-announcement

this is like internet explorer toolbar hell all over again
just look at this shit
>status bar
>app title bar
>search box
>categories or some other shit
>bottom bar
fuck this shit and fuck notches

But they do take up screen real estate, user

Attached: iPhoneXiPhone8.png (1962x2251, 214K)

>Screal

you're using it wrong!

the exact amount of information is seen on both screens, what's the point here?

>what's the point here?
I'm not him but my problem is 18:9 sucks today.
No advantages at all and yet smartphones costs more. I hate my Redmi 7 for that so much.

wasted pixels, if there were no notch, all those pixels could be used because the safe area wouldn't exist. App developers could add extra buttons and stuff there.

>App developers could
App developers owe you nothing. Blame manufacturers.

>Blame manufacturers.
but I did, I said "if there were no notch"

success breeds jealousy :^)

Attached: notch_vs_bezel.jpg (1600x1200, 580K)

> someone posted my pic
it looks much better now. floating buttons are the only way forward on notched iPhones.

Attached: wew.png (1986x1120, 552K)

C.O.P.E. harder.

they do when something is full screen.

is cope wordfiltered?

Most new phones that have notches are 2:1 and a lot of creators (notably tech nigger MKBHD and LinuxTechTips) are uploading in 2:1 now

>Good. Both Android and iOS are guilty of pumping it full of unnecessary shit like the name of your carrier or icons that don't really give much context.
OG Google Pixel owner here, from an LG G4, and a Galaxy S4 before that. The S4 had great root/rom support so I gave it CyanogenMod, the H812 model G4 that I had didn't have good root/rom support so I never bothered, and the Google Pixel runs stock Android 7 (Haven't installed Android 9 Update yet).
The only icons in my status bar are a Clock, Battery Percentage, LTE Signal Strength, WiFi Signal Strength, and a Silent/Vibrate Mode Indicator (Unless I have the ringer on, in which case there is no icon.) I also had the same setup on the S4, and the G4 was mostly the same but had an NFC indicator that I couldn't turn off.

Stop making these threads. It makes you look low IQ.

>notch
>rounded corners
When will this cancer die?

2pbp
OP is eternally...

Attached: BTFO.webm (758x308, 562K)

>dark background
did apple actually approve this?

A long notch is necessary to contain all the advanced sensors.

Attached: ACB50FB7-D061-4EEE-B894-D27144B6D3B4.png (1200x549, 204K)

you would think with a $1000 phone you would be able to display 1080p video at full resolution but apparently 'aspect ratio' fixes this problem. i'm not sure how, but its enough to make this guy smug about it

Attached: hurr durr.jpg (274x321, 26K)

>Very few people feel the way you do.
Not him but I've never seen someone over 30 use the fucking front camera. It's useless for people who don't care about this snapchat bullshit

I've used it to speak to my mother. She wanted to show me something that she couldn't describe over the phone, and I was too far away to drive over.
Also, front cameras can also be good for usage as biometric security.

Most phones with notches aren't 16:9, no?

On the left image the video border lines up perfectly with the border. On notch phones, the video border lines up perfectly with the end of the notch. The notch only take up part of the display if you zoom in and crop off some of the top and bottom of the video. You fucking retards need to be euthanized

because it very, very clearly doesn't. In the middle example there is objectively more screen real estate than on the left.

how FUCKING blind are you?

In the notch example, there is extra empty white space. It's functionally the same as a bezel, it's just screen pixels.

This is just going full retard to solve a slightly unappealing notch.

fucking retard

"creators"

No one cares about about friend simulators except children

Never said I care about them, you completely missed the point. The viewer is the one who takes it up the ass if the aspect ratio doesn't fit their phone or in this case, it does but there's a large Applel© Notch™ digging into the side of the video.

You're rotating it wrong

Just bring back the bezel.
Notches are stupid.

You can, you just can't get a smartphone. One of the terms to use android roms on your phones is have a front facing camera, Apple won't get rid of it no matter what, and you might as well just laugh at the rest of the options.

why? How is moving the notification bar into the bezel, sans a camera notch, and thus making your screen bigger a bad thing

Because it looks like ass and the notch cuts into my screen real estate when the notification bar isn't there. Bezels can be really small and you can put a bunch of good cameras, sensors and speakers there without sacrificing screen space or requiring millions of dollars of R&D to hide speakers under the glass or some retarded shit. I'm not bothered by bezels. In fact, I'd like a screen with a nornal aspect ratio and thick bezels top and bottom, so I can have the camera in there and the home and return buttons separately on the bottom bezel, instead of on the screen as a retarded popup feature. You can use bezels to hide hardware and make your phone thinner or use a larger battery. Bezels have many advantages, notches and pinholes do not (besides the "aesthetics" of having a full screen to body ratio). Phones are already too big, having a larger screen to body ratio doesn't help with the fact that most phones can't be used with one hand anymore. Also bezels are useful for holding you phone in landscape mode without your sausage fingers covering the screen too much. I'm not some social media whore who needs to scroll facebook all day so my screen ratio needs to be 3:1 or something. Jesus fucking Christ when do you faggots have enough? You're really waiting for phones to become literal panes of glass. It's not comfortable to use a device that is optimized for looks and not functionality. When will you children learn that.

There is no need for a notch because there is no legitimate purpose for a front-facing camera.
It is retardery of the highest order.

>stop hating it. Notches makes you look low IQ.

FTFY

>i dont use it, therefore nobody will

the self-obsession in todays society is truly remarkable

yes it does. imagine if they made a phone without a front-facing camera. think about it

current state of phone designs

Attached: 1m99di0v.jpg (685x722, 230K)

>notification icons in the notification bar
Bloat
>content creators are beginning to make ultrawide
They really shouldn't

fuck you you piece of shit