So my pair of promedia 2.1 are fucked for now...

So my pair of promedia 2.1 are fucked for now, I have a chance to pick up a good condition pair of bose companion 5 to replace them with just for simple desktop listening when not wearing my headphones

Are bose so bad and overpriced that even 20 bucks is too much for the companion 5 and I am better off spending the money to fix my promedias or what

Attached: Bose-Companion-5.jpg (1000x1000, 90K)

Buy another set of promedias.

Oh and get a pair of B-52 matrix if you don't want to get the same pair

Attached: 52-pro-matrix-1000-700w-pa-amp-sub_1_f6d26977a14c3db733f2dbfb4d1ac7c4.jpg (1600x900, 345K)

Bose are good for normal rooms, they're not designed to perform in those weird audiophile quiet rooms those melvins set up to listen to their fucking vinyls

the hate for Bose started when they first released their acoustamass home theater system and audio melvins put the system in rooms with deadening pads in the exact opposite type of place they're designed to perform in and ever since then they've been to arrogant with their magic fucking rocks and vacuum tubes to admit that they were wrong/ don't always know what they're talking about.

don't you think it's time for some actual speakers

I own a pair of bose companion 2.

They are basically the best speakers I have ever owned, I didn't even recognize noises in video games I had been playing, and my room mates thought a car outside had been "bumping music".

100% worth the $90 price point.

I love my Bose Acoustimass despite reddit hating Bose.

Jesus christ what is with you reddit shills with your terrible hearing abilities?

I'm so glad that I don't have "golden ears" and that Bose sounds just fine to me.

This being said most reddit/chan tier systems have school PA tier sound with absolutely nothing under 70hz, in most cases just some meme "monitors" with chink drivers and 2oo% marker by burger distributor with german sounding name.

>reddit spacing
And apparently you are poor and retarded on top of all this lol

That is not reddit spacing.

This is.

Even that is not reddit spacing anymore since formatting syntax changed and this comes from redditor influencer with 5k carma account and multiple reddit gold and silver award recipient AMA.

>I can't afford it so I must hate it

Attached: 4896899346_9c2bcdfd96_b.jpg (1024x680, 235K)

they get loud but they sound like fucking shit. Huge sub bump and then a gap in the mid bass

You sir are a liar.

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1090x641, 84K)

Lower the fucking bass when you crank up the volume you tin eared faggot

And typical "chan" tier audio monitors with fancy sounding name.

Attached: m-audio.jpg (1093x643, 76K)

I am honestly ashamed we are the same species

Just eq them to a pair of $2000 kefs???

Bose unironically does that from factory.

yeah the ridiculous distortion from the dsp bending is the main point why they sound as bad as they do

How stupid are you, really.

How are they fucked? There's not much to break.

no u

get genelec

This is now a optical audio thread.

What does Jow Forums use for a TOSLINK/SPDIF to 5.1/7.1 DAC adapter?

>inb4 boomer recommending a bloated A/V reciever

Shut up faggot

I use my clarity m 5.1 through my SPDIF connection. Great little tool.

May static buildup forever affect your audio user.

Thanks broski

You honestly can’t go wrong with Bose

(you)

spdif only carries two channels as uncompressed, everything more than that uses lossy compression, not interested

SPDIF is digital connection with no loss. You can connect multiple cards to each others SPDIF and there will be no loss. There is no conversion

yes, but only for two channels of audio per line. surround standards via spdif are compressed to ac3

Interesting.

bose sucks because bose is overpriced as shit for a level of performance you can get out of sennheiser or klipsch or like literally any other brand for half the price

i have a pair of bose noise cancelling headphones i was given and they have an MSRP of like $400 and still go for like $100 used on ebay, and they sound like shit. i know the purpose of those is to be quiet, not sound good, but they have worse high and midrange performance than the $20 sennheiser earbuds i bought in high school and the fact that my undiscerning ass can make a distinction between a cheap disposable product and a multi hundred dollar piece of 'equipment' says everything. they aren't equipment, they are just as disposable. they're the apple of audio

Does bose pay retarded kids to shill on Jow Forums of all places or something?