Xubuntu is ending 32bit application support soon, and I use Steam so

Xubuntu is ending 32bit application support soon, and I use Steam so...

Can someone suggest a good somewhat lightweight distro I should switch to (hardware is thinkpad x230)? Hopefully one that uses XFCE but I'm not picky.

Attached: 1526601878549.jpg (339x480, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lubuntu.me/
lubuntu.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lubuntu. Better than all varieties.

its still a ubuntu variant and so is dropping support, right?

Lubuntu announced dropping 32 bit support some time ago. As of 19.10 64 bit only.

That's the "official" version. The other version (and IMO the better one of the two that doesn't run like molasses) still offers 32 bit support and updates.

Yes 18.04 LTS is still 32 bit support but no new 32 bit support after that. Rocking that on my primitive archaic machines now and until EOL. Then a decision must be made.

MX babey

are most distros going to eventually drop 32bit support?

We've been through this many times and you braindead niggers are STILL at the "ending 32bit support" idiocy.

Nobody is ending 32bit support you fuckin retards. They are only stopping to producing 32bit live ISOs

Attached: brainlet family extended.png (733x464, 125K)

There are no modern 32-bit architectures worth porting to, everything from ARM to amd64 has native support for 64-bit instructions.
Any embedded applications (routers, webcams, ovens) would not use a Linux distribution like Ubuntu, they would have everything compiled from source which is still perfectly supported by the kernel and userland.

Ubuntu rolled back on their claim. They'll still ship with 32bit support when Steam said they'll drop them.

To elaborate, this is the "official" release:
lubuntu.me/
And this is the IMO better "unofficial" version:
lubuntu.net/

but for how long?

32 bit library support on 64 bit machines. OS not installable on 32 bit machines. Am I wrong?

I've heard its actual 32bit application support. It made a stink when Steam announced they had to stop recommending Ubuntu

Ubuntu has backed off dropping 32-bit libraries, so steam will work.

If you dont mind GNOME, Pop! OS has committed to making sure 32-bit libraries still exist, and it's basically Ubuntu.

There hasn't been any 32-bit versions of Ubuntu for a while, I'm not sure if the shitty versions offer 32-bit ISOs anymore, maybe. But you probably don't have a 32-bit computer, and if you do you should buy something made in the last decade.

Attached: ubongo.png (451x767, 190K)

Can I just use Debian? My laptop's wifi drivers aren't FOSS so I'm not sure how to get them to install on it as a new Linux user.

32 bit application support. So you still need a 64 bit machine. But 32 bit software can run on it. What does that do for the legacy 32 bit machines?

Use the non-free iso and follow the debian wiki.

thank you. Is Debian difficult for newer Linux users?

>>There hasn't been any 32-bit versions of Ubuntu for a while

A little over a year. Ubuntu 18.04 32 bit support. Last LTS release.

NOBODY IS DROPPING 32BIT FOR FUCKS SAKE
THEY ARE ONLY _CONSIDERING_ DROPPING 32BIT MULTILIB AND THEY BACKED UP BECAUSE STREAM USERS WERE ANGRY
YOU CAN INSTALL 32BIT UBUNTU JUST FINE FROM MINI.ISO OR ALTERNATE ISO

Attached: qSuELTt.jpg (587x392, 50K)

You need to work around a little more than ubuntu. But they are just typing/editing a few files that the wiki (or any guide you choose) tells you to do so.

at this point I just wanna try something new

In April 2023 like I said a decision needs to be made. Junk the legacy 32 bit gear or find an ISO that is compatible for install.

Nice dubs by the way

install gentoo

Mint Xfce is the best Xfce distro.

There are distros specifically made for 32bit which will support 32bit for at least another 10 years. By that time everything will be ported to 64bit.

they already back-peddled user, steam will continue to work