Why do people keep using Facebook and its products...

Why do people keep using Facebook and its products? Isn't this the same guy who offered information on his users to his friend in the email chat? Called them "dumbfucks"? Facebook has almost always been in the center of user privacy breach issues. The Cambridge Analytica scandal. Dude even swiped the company from under his best friend's nose, who helped him start the fucking thing. Partner in covert government espionage programs, providing backdoor access to private user information. And all of this isn't rumors, they are allegations with evidence backing them up.

And people still use the damn thing.

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me..."

Attached: images.jpg (300x300, 10K)

People actually/unfortunately don't care at this point.

t. sadboii

Attached: le_conspiring_like.png (1375x1279, 154K)

People literally don't care as long as a service is free and all their friends are using it. They aren't able to understand the ramifications. At the same time they shy away from solutions that actually promote anonymity and security because it's too technical - they're scared of big words like encryption and anonymity. It's hard enough to move your friends from one technology to another once they settled for something but technical terms are an absolute killer.
There are people like Richard Stallman, who are completely right about everything, but at the same time lack the social skills and charisma to become influencers. Stallman literally eats fungus off his feet during speeches. He also burps a lot and lacks other significant social skills.

I don't think most zoomers are aware that instagram is part of facebook

People ARE dumbfucks

Any good alternative for messenger that is secure?

Attached: unnamed.png (300x218, 73K)

write your own if you really need security. don't trust companies and advertising promises.

the most unpleasant thing about this is not that ppl are using it but someone will inevitably upload a photo of you, either a stupid relative or some random stupid annoying tourist that you happened to be in his shot

qtox, icanblink, mumble, jitsi, pgp email

iMessage

SMS

People care more about being part of the "in" group than morals. Not using Facebook is tantamount to social suicide.

You're either cucked by google, facebook or apple. There is no winning, if you want to stay connected.

Is that true? I'm 26 and stopped using it at some point during 11th grade when all the old people signed up. I figured most people did, it was basically already dead then.

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

what about that new service "mastodon" or what it's called?

irc is still neat. we only need better irc clients.

Because actual productive people are not paranoid fucks like Jow Forums.
All I wanted from this board is discussing technology. Instead I got:
>AMDdrones
>Intelcucks
>Install Gentoo lol
>"You're a pajeet if you're using Windows"
>Wojak and pepe spamming
>"5G is harmful lol, I'm gonna spam this shit every day"
>Lol bro everything is botnet

Attached: 1561574008120.gif (342x239, 981K)

He's right though.
Those being called dumbfucks and still using FB, they are absolutely dumbfucks

>Is that true?

Kind of, not really. Giving up one or two social media accounts is a badge of honor for most normies.

Giving up all social media accounts would be social suicide.

use filters. literally 50 out of 150 threads are spam, shills, trolls, generals and other retarded shit.

try this (Jow Forums has filter options under "settings" at the top of the page):
>subject: /\b(Guix|hackintosh|iPhone|legal match|vlc|gentoo|itoddler|macos|vim|fedora|centos|deepnude|tunnelbear|ngreedia|x570|general|thread|stax|intel|ryzen|nvidia|wayland|minepi|falkon|amd|firefox|apple|power(.|)mac|openbsd|powerpc|emacs|daily reminder|reminder that|kuroba|opera|brave)\b/i
>subject: /(\/.*\/|no*( *|)no*(( *|)no*)+|How can .* even compete\?|zen \d|(rtx|i\d).\d\d*|\dg|confess your.*sins)/i
>filename: /\b(Guix|hackintosh|Xiaomi|legal match|vlc|gentoo|itoddler|macos|vim|fedora|centos|deepnude|tunnelbear|ngreedia|stax|intel|ryzen|nvidia|wayland|minepi|falkon|amd|firefox|apple|power(.|)mac|openbsd|powerpc|emacs|kuroba|opera|brave)\b/i
>filename: /(iPhone|ubuntu|no*( *|)no*(( *|)no*)+|zen \d|(rtx|i\d).\d\d*|\dg)/i
>comment: /\b(Guix|hackintosh|iPhone|Xiaomi|legal match|vlc|gentoo|itoddler|macos|vim|fedora|centos|deepnude|tunnelbear|ngreedia|x570|stax|intel|ryzen|nvidia|wayland|minepi|falkon|amd|firefox|apple|power(.|)mac|openbsd|powerpc|emacs|daily reminder|reminder that|no bully|kuroba|opera|brave)\b/i
>comment: /(ubuntu|previous thread|confess your.*sins|no*( *|)no*(( *|)no*)+|zen \d|(rtx|i\d).\d\d*|\dg)/i

i really have to clean up this mess. it kinda grew over time.
but you should be kinda good with those filters.

Well what do most people use now? I just use Jow Forums and sadly discord for my keyboard hobby.
From my point of view it went aim -> MySpace -> Facebook -> loose mesh of people using SMS/email/Skype/discord/etc
Having trouble thinking of the last time I really heard someone mention something about social media outside of twitter which is only 1->many communication by celebs/companies/politicians/etc

To be honest, Facebook users really all dumbfucks.

Face-to-face interaction and telling each other where and when to meet up next time. It worked really well in the 1980s and before.

>discord
Oh poor poor user, what are you doing?

Attached: discord.png (721x719, 180K)

It is ironic that my anti-spam bot filters filtered your post. lol Also, don't use the vanilla filters, use Jow Forums-X instead. Use can even auto-sage among other things,

Attached: Untitled.png (958x639, 31K)

shows that your filter works considering the plethora of spam words and phrases i put in that post.
i don't trust Jow Forums-x. i would rather write my own goddamn plugin before i use something Jow Forums users have coded.

I'm aware of all the issues with it.
I'm a criminal so employability doesn't matter. Also I would be impressed if I were doxable by discord themselves but it wouldn't be a big deal.
I am pretty lonely though so I'm genuinely curious how bad not using social media is for that. My health has been poor the last few years and I hear lack of human touch and lo loneliness is very bad for you.

>Why do people keep using Jow Forums(nel). Isn't Hiro the guy that sold user data and ...
I think he is doing a wonderful job keeping the site afloat.

No one cares about anonymity when it comes to social media. What the majority starts using, others will follow cause that's kinda how social media works.

Attached: 1559517306752.png (1080x1391, 616K)

>Who do people keep using Facebook and its products?
>"dumbfucks"
You answered your own question you stupid fucking faggot.

>Dude even swiped the company from under his best friend's nose
tell me the story

Watch the movie

don't wanna
prefer reading story

cry more. my thirst for your delicious anxiety is unquenchable.

Eduardo Saverin was the CFO of "the facebook" when the company had just started. Later on, there was some argument between them and Zuckerberg tried to remove him from his position and capture his share in the company. Saverin retaliated with a lawsuit. They reached an undisclosed settlement later on. Movie is not a good source for the finer details of the incident. They have taken liberties with the hard details to make the movie more entertaining.