github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):

profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
Stable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Git: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

NEWS:
>mpv still not bloated
>mpv.net shills still crying around
>scalers war officially finished

Attached: mpv1.png (586x314, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv-net.github.io/mpv.net-web-site/
iina.io/
celluloid-player.github.io/
gist.githubusercontent.com/Zehkul/25ea7ae77b30af959be0/raw/f95cee43e390e843a47e8ec9d1711a12a8cd343d/convert_script.lua
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HowToBurnSubtitlesIntoVideo
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i love mpv

i love mpv too

>no frontend shilling
>no advanced setup to ignite shitposts
Good OP.

and so do i

mpv.net shills on suicide watch

Forgot to add this part OP

Front-ends:
Windows: mpv-net.github.io/mpv.net-web-site/
Mac: iina.io/
Linux: celluloid-player.github.io/

No. Make an mpv frontend thread if you want one. This one is dedicated to the original.

Will this play incomplete video files?

Every front-end still is mpv underneath.

Anyone tried mpv on RPi0?
How's the experience and playback?

Attached: zero-stem-2_1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 114K)

This is an odd question.
Is there a way to make mpv/youtube-dl play the audio only with the thumbnail image?

Attached: 1561519773724.jpg (640x800, 70K)

Does anyone know how to reduce delay when it comes to streams? The browser version of twitch is further ahead than MPV. I use chatterino, and so the chat is out of sync with MPV purely because MPV is like 5 seconds too slow

Forgot this part too OP

Advanced setup:

profile=gpu-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp

(use lanczos if you're comfortable with slightly more ringing for a bit sharper image)

Why doesn't mpv have a cute mascot yet?

Attached: IMG_20190512_114602.jpg (1280x718, 102K)

apologize

Attached: mpvnet_ghacks.png (1182x1595, 1.1M)

Use streamlink.

>Make an mpv frontend thread if you want one
Don't expect from shills to use the brain for once, user.

You're a joke.

A website with a patreon and spam on every page.
>outed you real quick
>now apologize

They just made another spam thread.

shouldn't have said that

why is mpv.net so unpopular guys please use it

placebo

at least now we know he was the ewa_lanczossharp retard who started the nonsense discussions

>thread reported, btw

reported

Why are the people that run this project so stubborn when it comes to implementing a fucking ui?

Why not just do it? fucking do it, how hard can it be? you're actively working on it anyways, a ui would be a nice challenge and give you something to do. Why do I have to use a different fork for that, which probably isn't anywhere near as well maintained as the main project.

FUCKING AUTISTS

The only autist here is yourself, sperging out at people that offer a free product not making it exactly the way you want it.
I like mpv precisely because it has almost no GUI. There is mpv.net which is exactly what you're crying for.

Grow the fuck up.

They want people to use the player, right? not forks of it. they're actively working on the player like fucking nobody else is, clearly a passion project for most people involved. So why not do it? I don't get it, seems like it's an elitist thing, like fuck off if you want a ui.

Why? It's the best player, why limit it?

go back to your thread, shill

>limit it
>optimized it
You confuse terms, kiddo.

still didn't answer my question, though.
why the stubborn and elitist attitude? why not reach more people with it? why does it have to be obtuse when the developers clearly have the time to implement it if they wanted to.

>why limit it?
Funny you say that because making a frontend limits functionality. mpv.net still doesn't have all functionality of mpv.
And devs could be working on the actual core of the player instead of wasting time on making buttons.

Why would you need a UI to watch videos?

>stubborn attitude
Think twice before acusing anyone else for your own mistakes.

>if they wanted to
You get it, they WANT TO focuse on important things, not in your lack of knowdledge.

>a normal thread is done
>retards keep shilling this one

mpv is officially doomed

sorry meant to post in the other thread
y'all just ignore this post

Don't lie, stubborn shill.

^ imagine having this guy's life, jesus christ

I don't see how it would limit it, you can have a UI but also have all the back-end power user shit.
Man... this team of developers are working on this like a passion project, there's probably no other player out there as active as it is. You're telling me that they can't put ANY of those resources into a ui?

Okay then.

mpv rocks

Or this guys Normies would rather have shiny buttons instead of putting more development in the actual rendering of video. Normies ruin everything by wanting to dumb it down.

>I don't see how it would limit it, you can have a UI but also have all the back-end power user shit.
mpv.net can't even resize windows correctly. Thry were just talking about it in the other mpv.net thread. It recently was just able to support drag n drop if subs. This is basic shit. You are delusional if you think mpv.net isn't limited.

Can someone make a new release pls? It's been like 9 months since the last one.
k thx bye.

It is weird how they choose to do offical releases. But it's not like it really matters anyways. Why do you need there to be one?

keep seething turbo autists

>scalers war officially finished
Who won?

mpv.net apparently

learn what a scaler is

But the lack of graphical menus and the minimal OSD are one of the reasons why I use mpv. I like a distraction free experience when it comes to consuming media.

Oh fuck off, will you? Blame the OP, who started including the advanced setup section and the guy, who spergs out whenever someone mentions ewa_lanczossharp as chroma scaler.

after you learn what a gui is

should I use ewa_lanczossoft?

Why are you acting like a retarded troll? The posts were in regards to scaling, not frontends. Both can use the same scalers. Please tell me you know this.

Pro-tip, there were multiple people arguing for ewa_lanczossharp.

kek

stop crying, shill, you're pathetic

>It recently was just able to support drag n drop if subs. This is basic shit. You are delusional if you think mpv.net isn't limited.
destroyed in seconds

10 seconds and this is your brain using mpv.net

Attached: 1562343304816.png (722x766, 808K)

>mah cope harder

Enter to the true patrician mpv thread

I use VLC.

Why should I use this instead? Change my mind.

@71735497
troll

fuck off, will you?

Try it and see if you like it. If you're not as tech savvy then there are frontends that might be better for you. There is plenty of info to get you started in the OP. I like it because it just felt a lot faster on start and smoother when playing with video-sync=display-resample. Seeking is better of course. I have keybinds to do multiple things that couldn't be mapped to a single key in other players. Userscripts.

@71735565
You talk about buttons
This thread is about the actual media player

@71735662
gay

Has any progress been made on encode.lua script concerning hard-coding subtitles in the output WEBM? I know It's doable with webm.lua script but i prefer the former.

real talk
what's best for cscale? soft or sharp?

why is the webm script so shit?
default crop has no final resolution display
encode options are limited and no presets

Instead of ewa_lanczossharp? It honestly doesn't matter. The results are pretty much identical and there's no speed difference.

How can I shill a well known scaling algorithm? Also I'm using neither.

YOU MADMAN

When does it fail to burn in subtitles?

By default. There's an option in encode_webm.conf to preserve filters but somehow it doesn't hardcode the subs.

So you watch the source video with an additional video filter like subtitles, ass or overlay and those don't get applied?

Correct.

# if yes, only encode the currently active tracks
# for example, mute the player / hide the subtitles if you don't want audio / subs to be part of the extract
only_active_tracks=no

# whether to preserve some of the applied filters (crop, rotate, flip and mirror) into the extract
# this is pretty useful in combination with crop.lua
# note that you cannot copy video streams and apply filters at the same time
preserve_filters=yes

# apply another filter after the ones from the previous option if any
# can be used to limit the resolution of the output, for example with
# append_filter=scale=2*trunc(iw/max(1\,sqrt((iw*ih)/(960*540)))/2):-2
append_filter=

It CAN encode the subtitles, but I want them hardcoded.

Is there a way to get smooth video playback out of MPV? Kind of like a 24 to 48 fps conversion on the fly, where the additional frame is a blend between frame 1 and 2?

Attached: Untitled.png (1332x788, 736K)

press d

this merely doubles the framerate, rendering the same frame twice, not making the playback smoother.

Use this
gist.githubusercontent.com/Zehkul/25ea7ae77b30af959be0/raw/f95cee43e390e843a47e8ec9d1711a12a8cd343d/convert_script.lua

Thanks, but I'm on Windows.

To my understanding, it should make no difference.
It uses mpv to render everything.
It should just go in the script folder in the mpv directory.

Only objective answer is KrigBilateral, everything less is subjective. Personally I like ewa_hanning and to a slightly lesser extend haasnsoft, and for some reason spline16 but I only use that for low resources.

So you added the filter with append_filters?
If yes then I can see two points, where the script could potentially fuck up

1.) Bitmap-based subtitles can't be burned in, as that would require the use of the overlay filter. The overlay filter however needs to be applied with filter_complex, as it needs two input streams (the video and the subtitle track), but encode.lua applies filters with -filter:v. You'd need to replace -filter:v with -filter_complex and tweak the creation of the filter string. Right now it just appends each new filter. However, you can't append a filter with stream selectors like a simple filter (e.g. scale=-2:480,[0:v][0:s:0]overlay will throw an error). Either burn in the subtitles first (which may lead to shitty looking text, if the resolution changes afterwards) or chain the filters properly (e.g. scale=-2:480[x];[x][0:s:0]overlay).
2.) Text-based subtitles should work (from what I can tell), UNLESS you start encoding with a start time other than 0. encode.lua uses the -ss -i trim syntax, which is unfortunately not compatible with filters like subtitles or ass, as the timing of the lines doesn't get adjusted. Either make sure to trim the subtitles separately and output them to a subtitle file or use the old trim syntax -i -ss , which may increase the necessary encoding time tremendously (you encode and discard everything before the start time).

>tfw fell for the meme
gpu-api=d3d11
profile=gpu-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
tscale=oversample
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation

yes
i do it all the time with incomplete torrents

>default crop has no final resolution display
over 10,000 hours in notepad.exe
ass:append(tostring(bold('ENTER:')) .. " confirm crop (" .. self.pointB.x - self.pointA.x .. "x" .. self.pointB.y - self.pointA.y .. ")\\N")

I agree that my changes can be relicensed to LGPL 2.1 or later.

>So you added the filter with append_filters?
I haven't added anything, because I wasn't sure what filter to add. "preserve_filters=yes" saves the subtitle in the output, but doesn't hardcode it.

1)I'm familiar with FFMPEG, but wouldn't know how to edit the script to do this.
Did I mention webm.lua can hardcode subs with no problem?

2)Tried toying with this, but trimming and adjusting the times is too much.

Mpv has become pretty complex to build over the years because of its many dependencies, I'd rather leave it to someone who knows what they're doing.
Just compiling regularly from source results in a shit build.

Yes, but it will only see a copy of the file as it was when it was opened so if your idea was to watch chinese cartoons as they downloaded it won't work.

The list of filters, which preserve_filters=yes will copy, is rather short. See;
if name == "crop" then
local p = vf["params"]
filter = string.format("crop=%d:%d:%d:%d", p.w, p.h, p.x, p.y)
elseif name == "mirror" then
filter = "hflip"
elseif name == "flip" then
filter = "vflip"
elseif name == "rotate" then
local rotation = vf["params"]["angle"]
-- rotate is NOT the filter we want here
if rotation == "90" then
filter = "transpose=clock"
elseif rotation == "180" then
filter = "transpose=clock,transpose=clock"
elseif rotation == "270" then
filter = "transpose=cclock"
end
end

Anything beyond that needs to be added via append_filter. For what filters to use see:
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HowToBurnSubtitlesIntoVideo

I tried that too, but then you would have to edit the subtitle or video filename every time you want to encode. I don't know how to edit the script to do that like webm.lua: github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm

ffmpeg -i video.avi -vf subtitles=subtitle.srt out.avi
ffmpeg -i video.mkv -vf subtitles=video.mkv out.avi

To make it more clear: how to point ffmpeg to the currently played file?

It's funny, because both scripts lack the optional functionality of the other. webm.lua doesn't encode based on bitrate, while encode.lua doesn't have the functionality of hardcoding subs.

Attached: 1556649972849.png (144x41, 1K)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I tried to play 10bit h264 animu in VLC and mpv/SMPlayer. In VLC I only got a few pictures and then the videos stopped. Playback in SMPlayer was possible, but it stuttered. 8 bit h264 worked fine in VLC but not in SMPlayer. However, when I had activated hardware acceleration in SMPlayer the files would play. At first I thought my CPU, a N3350, was too slow and could only play formats for which hardware acceleration is available. However, it turned out, that mplayer/SMPlayer can play the 10bit h264 files on my Ubunutu. Isn’t this weird? Also, can you tell me how to make the text smaller in SMPlayer, by chance? It’s very big in the case of a separate ass subtitle file.

now add x264 presets and crf

mpv is super easy to build on linux though.