Swore to myself the addon certificate fiasco would be the last straw

>swore to myself the addon certificate fiasco would be the last straw
>just yesterday it defaults all my privacy settings
>now this
bit-tech.net/news/tech/software/mozilla-teases-499-ad-free-experience-subscription/1/
Fuck these furfags, I'm done. What's the next best thing that has
-ublock
-noscript
-canvasblocker
-httpseverywhere
-and is not chromium shit

Attached: mozilla.jpg (643x482, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bit-tech.net/news/tech/software/mozilla-teases-499-ad-free-experience-subscription/1/
twitter.com/ISPAUK/status/1146725374455373824
firstlook.firefox.com/proxy/v4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>-and is not chromium shit
Doesn't exist. Maybe Falkon browser, but it lacks all of the above.

>bit-tech.net/news/tech/software/mozilla-teases-499-ad-free-experience-subscription/1/

Fucking Pale Moon, just try it. Lightweight, privacy oriented and bullshit free.

kys furfag

Why do you care? You use ublock anyway

This. Brave is doing the same thing.

have you considered taking a step back, looking at your life, and wondering why you care so much about a fucking internet browser? jesus christ

Continue to give out your data to trannyfox and google you braindead cuck

I don't get what's wrong with this if it's implemented in a way that doesn't destroy your privacy, and so long as they don't strip the addon APIs required for adblocking. Seems like a fiat-based BAT. If it's respectfully implemented, allows you to choose which sites get a cut of your subscription and doesn't have a huge financial overhead, I'd even consider using it, maybe.

Based.

>so long as they don't strip the addon APIs required for adblocking
That is very likely what will end up happening. There's no point in having the user pay for a feature if they have an equivalent readily available for free. Not long ago Google considered doing the same on Chrome.

it's called pale moon. it's exactly the web browser you are asking for, with all of those features.

Attached: Screenshot (3).png (1920x1080, 300K)

I'm more upset about the time it reset all of my addons and I lost my autistic umatrix, ublock, greasemonkey, and stylish stuff.

I can see where you're coming from considering that Mozilla and Google are run by assholes, but I'd like to this this is aimed at people who don't use (or know about) adblockers, as well as at people like me who'd be happy to have some mechanism that automatically funds some of the websites I visit, anonymously. What I fear most, here, is that the implementation will just submit your full browsing history (oh, sorry, "telemetry") somewhere to do the distribution, and God knows who will end up with your data afterwards.

>I'd like to this this is aimed
Cool stroke, brain. Should have said "I'd like to think this is aimed".

>-memeblock
>-memescript
>-canvasmemer
>-memeseverywhere

Attached: 1560001662552.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Except modern JS features and multi-process. One tab freezes = hole browser freezes.

What's a good android browser then? Something that has extensions.

I tried brave but the whole coin thing is weird as shit.

Attached: 1562333622826.jpg (720x353, 43K)

Tor, Librefox, IceCat.

>That is very likely what will end up happening.
Are you dumb? Firefox users are even more against removing adblockers than Chrome users, and you saw what happened when Google said they'll kill adblockers. It's a browser suicide to do so. If Mozilla ever does it their browser will be replaced by a Firefox fork within 4 years. I shit you not, almost every Linux distro would immediately ship with the "Neofox" instead of Firefox and FF would fall below 1% market share.

>FF would fall below 1% market share.
What kind of market the browser companies are in? Or rather, how do browser companies make money since they provide their products for free?

The problem with allowing some ads is we don't know where they come from. Very few websites sanitize their ads (in fact the only one I can think of right now is Kitguru - gifs that link directly to the sellers' websites), the vast majority is run by ad providers (googlead, adserve, etc), and while I can trust the websites themselves, the ad providers not so much.

Just use Waterfox. Its the positives of Firefox without the negatives.

Firefox gets paid by Google to keep it as the default search engine. They get money from donations. They're trying to find alternative ways of monetization through their new services.

Why do you have to throw a tantrum for everything? It's still open source. Just use IceCat instead, it's a slightly modified Firefox ESR and still compatible with firefox extensions. afaik.

The setup I'm thinking of is continuing to use my block-all-by-default uMatrix and relaxing it on friendly sites that use this monetization scheme, which would incur no additional risks (that is, assuming the monetization is well-implemented). I assume each site individually would be responsible for not fucking up its own implementation as well, i.e. not leaking any AdWord onto the page if you're paying, but that's somewhat beyond the scope of Mozilla's efforts.

Don't they already get tons of money from Google? What are they even doing with all that money?

oi goys, stop using Firefox!

twitter.com/ISPAUK/status/1146725374455373824

Attached: Untitled.png (524x430, 303K)

>not using a user.js file to keep your settings across updates
your fault. keep crying like a little bitch over a web browser instead of just fixing it. or better yet, use a shitty fork like the others suggested since you're too retarded to figure it out

stop posting and kys

>Except modern JS features
you are a living meme

Buying dilation rods.

firstlook.firefox.com/proxy/v4/
wow its fucking nothing

basically brave done right

Done wrong, actually; it seems like it's only for websites that partner with "Scroll", which in turn are nothing but trashy clickbait sites like BuzzFeed. What a shame; it could have been something nice, for once.

every shill ITT ignored this lmao

It's funny but irrelevant to anything here. What is there to not ignore?

Palemoon lacks e10's and Moonchild is a cunt.

ungoogled chromium

Normies will pay you'll open about:config and fix it like utorrent pro.

>paying for a service
what a bunch of filthy capitalists pigs. everything that doesn't benefit me personally must be free. otherwise is fascism
>irony.exe

>not chromium shit
Well I guess you're just FUCKED, CUNT. If you're ready to give up the pozilla coc I'd suggest brave