Mpv.net - the amazin/g/ media player

mpv.net is based on libmpv which offers a straightforward C API that was designed from the ground up to make mpv usable as a library and facilitate easy integration into other applications.

Download:
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases

Source Code:
github.com/stax76/mpv.net

Manual:
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/blob/master/Manual.md

Reviews:

ghacks.net/2019/07/05/a-look-at-mpv-net-a-mpv-frontend-with-everything-integration/

softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Players/mpv-net.shtml

Attached: mpvnet1.png (1024x600, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.4channel.org/g/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=71732915
github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script
github.com/422658476/MPV-EASY-Player/tree/master/mpv-easy-data/osc-style
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm
github.com/vayan/autosub-mpv/blob/master/autosub.lua
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts
mpv.io/manual/master/#video
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/blob/master/Manual.md#chrome-extension
gist.github.com/avih/bee746200b5712220b8bd2f230e535de
gitlab.com/carmanaught/mpvcontextmenu/
github.com/classicjazz/mpv-config
raw.githubusercontent.com/classicjazz/mpv-config/master/mpv.conf
svp-team.com/wiki/Download
codeload.github.com/rossy/mpv-install/zip/master
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally a shill post, you know what to do:
sys.4channel.org/g/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=71732915
Don't forget, it goes in all fields.

High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):

Basic setup

profile=gpu-hq

Advanced setup

profile=gpu-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp

(use lanczos if you're comfortable with slightly more ringing for a bit sharper image)

Slowly entering autism territory

profile=gpu-hq
linear-downscaling=no
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp

glsl-shader="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/SSimDownscaler.glsl"

Now completely into autism territory

profile=gpu-hq
linear-downscaling=no
scale=ewa_lanczossharp

glsl-shader="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_16-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/KrigBilateral.glsl"

And to go full autism

profile=gpu-hq
linear-downscaling=no
sigmoid-upscaling=no
scale=ewa_lanczossharp

glsl-shader="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_16-0-4-1.glsl"
# SSSR with Mitchell params
glsl-shader="~~/SSimSuperRes_Mitchell.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/KrigBilateral.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/adaptive-sharpen.glsl"

mpv.net has context menu and better default keybindings.

Attached: Menu.png (1764x1417, 1.27M)

mpv.net has a GUI for settings.

Attached: ConfEditor.png (2070x1485, 212K)

So the only added UI is just the settings page and that right click, yes?

mpv.net has integration with Everything to search for media files.

Attached: MediaSearch.png (1800x900, 125K)

There is already an MPV thread.
Please delete this and reevaluate your role on this board.

Thanks.

this an MPV .NET thread user

I like it a lot but I think the config menu needs a bit better clarity, organization, and descriptions.

Autofit doesn't seem to work properly and it doesn't perform it's function like you'd expect as with MPC-HC (doesn't seem to count the border or the taskbar or anything in its calculations).

anyway to change the default player size when opened? Mine is 1920x1080 every time I open it, and if I open a video at a lower res than that, I'll get the huge fucking player for a split second and it'll downscale, it's a nitpick for sure but it annoys the shit out of me to have that massive player flashing the screen even if it's just a split second every time I open it.

I want the default window to be tiny, like mpc tiny

Attached: blacked.jpg (2420x1242, 116K)

garbage

Yea it seems the autofit and "remember height" both perform their function every time you open a file, resulting in two resizes flashing when you open every file. It should only perform one of these functions. He needs to recode that a little bit.

You can make it open at a specific percentage of your monitor permanently, if that's what you want. Check yes on remember height and then you set your percentage but the percentage has to be below 100% of it wont work, and you also need to set the percentage lower so it doesn't go off screen and under the taskbar. He needs to rework the code of these things.

Why anybody would use "remember height" is beyond me. You want the player to display the resolution of the file, not whatever custom shit you have.
changing percentage did nothing to the default window size. I will never check yes on remember height.

He added remember height to display the resolution of the file. Before, it only displayed your custom percentage. Yea, it's not worded very well and not coded perfectly yet. The percentage is also the default of the video file size is too large for your monitor. Again, it should be recoded to just use your maximum monitor resolution if the file is too large, similar to how MPC functions.

I don't know if anything you wrote applies to me.
I want the window when I open up the bare player to not be 1920x1080, I want it to be a tiny square like mpc is.

Remember height and the scaling makes it into a 720p window (no matter what percentage I put in) and it also makes every single video I open that resolution, even if they're 640x360 in res.

In that case you want remember height: yes. This makes it use only the percentage you set in autofit. Then you set it to the small percentage you want, including the percent symbol. It def works like you want because I've done it unless they recently broke it.

I don't think I'm making this clear enough.

I want the player to display the native resolution of the file I'm booting up. If the file is 640x480 I want the window to be that. If it is 1280x720, I want it to be that, if it is 4k I want it to be that.

BUT, what I don't want is the base layer window of the player to be 1920x1080, because every time I boot the player up, it eats up like half my monitor, it's just an endless black void, it doesn't need to be that big, it needs to be a tiny tiny little square like MPC is when you launch it without a video file. And even worse is that the window flashes that 1920x1080 size no matter what I open, if I open a 320x140 video, for a split second I'll see that black void of 1080p until the video starts and it'll be scaled properly.

Recommended scripts

Seek Preview:
github.com/TheAMM/mpv_thumbnail_script

OSC-style:
github.com/422658476/MPV-EASY-Player/tree/master/mpv-easy-data/osc-style

Webm:
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm

Subtitle Downloader:
github.com/vayan/autosub-mpv/blob/master/autosub.lua

For more user scripts go to the following link:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

Closest would be
Remember height: No
Then set the percent.
Some of what you're asking is not possible because it's not properly coded yet. He needs to look at MPC for all the details and weird use cases and copy the way it works.

Do those even work with mpvnet?

cope harder

Attached: mpvnet_openjpg.png (722x766, 808K)

shill harder

They all worked for me, except for the osc style.

why exactly would anyone use this over potplayer

Then why was it posted? 1 out of 5 not working seems pretty obvious.

Why wouldn't they?

not him, but I am using mpv btw.

You realize this isn't the mpv thread, right?

mpv.net is lightwei-

>One downside is that it is not the lightest of applications when it comes to RAM usage

>still no real interface
>is just mpv with a hub
the idea is good, but at this current state, it's easier to use vlc

The fuck more do you want?

Attached: index.png (279x181, 2K)

define "real"
what is lacking?

you have no brain and no point. all it needed a menu.

>vlc
gtfo

Attached: mpvchad_vs_madvirgin.png (1872x936, 243K)

>libmpv which offers a straightforward C API
>async brain damage
>straightforward
based smoothbrain

Attached: mpvnet_oogabooga.png (900x557, 175K)

>it's easier to use vlc
Speak for yourself. I just recently tried to apply debanding and use a different scaler, but the lack of documentation made it a nightmare.

>but the lack of documentation made it a nightmare
There is a manual you know.
mpv.io/manual/master/#video

>but your mileage may vary depending on the media files you load into the player.

It is compared to the rest of the non-libmpv based media players on non-default video quality settings.

That's the manual for mpv, different program bucko.

mpv.net is based on mpv.

Attached: D9doJMWXoAE-Byw.jpg (645x671, 59K)

Good observation Timmy!

>it's easier to use vlc
>vlc
I wasn't talking about mpv, mpv.net or any other libmpv-based player, user.

I want to install it but it feels like a botnet

Attached: hankman.jpg (250x250, 23K)

>>it's easier to use vlc
Easier than what?

Read the post I was replying to.

There are two, which only mention mpv and mpv.net. Or the original post, which was talking about mpv.net.
Seems like that quote was absolutely talking about mpv.net.

mpv.net is free and open-source. No telemetry included.

It's ok, user. Some people are just ...slower than others. Let's go through it step by step.

First we have >still no real interface
>is just mpv with a hub
These two lines refer to mpv.net. As you can see this user doesn't seem too excited about mpv.net. That's why he continued with
>the idea is good, but at this current state, it's easier to use vlc
Meaning: The idea behind mpv.net is good, but right now it's easier to use VLC (than mpv.net).

Now comes my post To remind you, the person I reply to says that VLC is easier to use than mpv.net.
>it's easier to use vlc
This quote is supposed to remind people, what the core message of the previous user was.
>Speak for yourself. I just recently tried to apply debanding and use a different scaler, but the lack of documentation made it a nightmare.
Meaning: I tried to tweak VLC, in order to get better playback, by applying debanding and a different scaler, but because of VLC's lacking documentation it was a nightmare.

>Now comes my post
How was I supposed to know that that was you? You used single quotes, I assumed you were quoting just , saying that was you. If you were talking about you should've used two quotes, because you're quoting a quote.
In short, and the post it's quoting are talking about mpv. That might've not been what you intended, but it is what it is.

Thanks Cosmo!

>mpv.
mpv.net, sorry.

no need.

Attached: mpvnet_ghacks.png (1182x1595, 1.1M)

Everybody with the tiniest amount of situational awareness would've understood what was going on. There are no mandatory styling guidelines for posts, so next time stop and think about what you just read for a few seconds before you reply.

Virgin mpv.net
Chad IINA

>There are no mandatory styling guidelines for posts
Nothing is mandatory, no, but it might help to use the functions like they're intended mate.
The post was talking about mpv.net, deal with it.

>ghacks
AHAHAHAHAHA

without using mpv.net i can tell you that it's more stable

That is because it's a nice player developed by stax76, he is a legend in dvd/blyray ripping world with StaxRip.

And it might help to use your brain like it's intended to. My first post was clearly referring to VLC. Your inability to understand this is what caused all those unnecessary posts.

>My first post was clearly referring to VLC. Your inability to understand this
This wasn't about your original post.

The whole point is that this post is stupid, because I was talking about VLC's lack of documentation. Everything afterwards happened because of this initial misunderstanding.

Then you don't understand what I said.

I do, but we wouldn't even lead this pointless discussion if it wasn't for this first misunderstanding.

>I do
Then why did you post ? It's not relevant to my post.

Let me boil it down.

1.) 1st user () says VLC is easier to use
2.) I () say it isn't because of missing documentation
3.) 2nd user (, ) says mpv (and therefore mpv.net) has a good documentation
4.) I () say I wasn't talking about mpv (or mpv.net), but made a horrible faux pas by only using one > instead of >>, which confused the 2nd user
5.) rounds and rounds of circular discussions who was talking about mpv and who wasn't

Everything starting from 3.) has nothing to do with the original point. I don't care anymore what you are actually arguing about, because these fucking two posts were talking about VLC. Everything that followed afterwards is a waste of our time. Do you regret making all those posts? Because I certainly do. Life is too fucking short to waste it on inane bullshit like this. Go ahead and tell me how you were actually making a point about blablabla...
I don't care anymore and you shouldn't either. I'll enjoy what little I have left of my evening. So have a nice one, you magnificent fucker.

this post summarized in one image.

Attached: autism.png (616x624, 81K)

does anyone here knows if this fix also works on firefox?

github.com/stax76/mpv.net/blob/master/Manual.md#chrome-extension

mpv with openwith works for me

Attached: 1562208032546.png (601x851, 92K)

thanks user. That extension worked with mpv.net

If you are already familiar with mpv and its configuration, why switch to mpv.net when you can make your own menu with Tcl/Tk Context Menu, gist.github.com/avih/bee746200b5712220b8bd2f230e535de

I literally have no programming/scripting experience at all and was able to make it the way I want very easily with minimal effort.

Attached: Tcl-TK Context Menu.jpg (2859x1392, 2.04M)

Literally the first line of the script.
>Context menu for mpv using Tcl/Tk. Mostly proof of concept.

very nice

wtf delete this dude

May be a "proof of concept" but it's been around for 2 years now and works perfectly when set up the way you want.

this is embarrassing

Try linking the most recent version next time.
gitlab.com/carmanaught/mpvcontextmenu/

>stax work reduced to few lines of script

Yes, it may be a more up to date fork, but it has more complex configuration spread across more files, the one I linked to is contained in a total of 2 files, context.tcl and then context.lua where all the configuration is, 3 files if you include the Tcl/Tk wish.exe.

As stated I have no programming/scripting experience and to be honest I couldn't figure out how to port my config to the fork, the one by Avih is more simple to learn and at the end of the day both can produce very similar results for the end user.

I'm not saying either one is better/worse, just that the original is more simple to configure.

DOWNLOAD SMPLAYER
WINDOWS? CHOOSE MPV AND NOT MPLAYER ON INSTALL
GNU/LINUX? INSTALL MPV AND YOUTUBE-DL
ENJOY YOUR REAL MPV GUI AND NOT THIS BLOATED .NOT HACK BULLSHIT

Isn't smplayers implementation of mpv even more of a hack? It can't even use userscripts can it?

>Recommends ironically Smplayer
>Calls mpv.net unironically bloat
Yikes!

Attached: C&T_mpvnet.png (1280x2870, 3.05M)

It's literally the fucking mpv program in a GUI container. Even on Windows, it has fucking mpv.exe in a subdirectory of the installation and you can run it from there to get vanilla MPV.
Grow up, insolent child.

But can you use mpv userscripts while using smplayer?

>It's literally the fucking mpv program in a GUI container.
Glad that you finally admitted that smplayer is a bloated hack for mpv, user.

pot player is better

BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T

oh yea? I wonder what is firewall then

Sorry about that. Got any more recommended user scripts for non-programmers using mpv?

mpv with classic jazz config > iina

github.com/classicjazz/mpv-config

Moron. Enjoy your .NOT garbage (likely botnet) hack.

macfags are cucked

>Note: MacOS devices are limited to OpenGL v4.1 (which is deprecated).

raw.githubusercontent.com/classicjazz/mpv-config/master/mpv.conf

stay mad

SmoothVideo Project (SVP) for mpv.net Part 1:

>Download SVP from svp-team.com/wiki/Download

>Select mpv (64-bit) during installation

>After installation finishes goto C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64 and delete everything from there

>Download latest version of mpv.net [Make sure you download portable versions for portability]

>Download vapoursynth portable x64 and extract it in same folder as mpv.net

>Download embedded version of python x64 and extract it to same mpv.net folder

>Download and extract vapoursynth mvtools x64 and paste its content to vapoursynth64\plugins folder which is located inside mpv/mpv.net folder that you just extracted

>Download, extract and copy codeload.github.com/rossy/mpv-install/zip/master to mpv/mpv.net folder

>Now copy all extracted contents from mpv.net folder and paste it in C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64

>Install mpv-install.bat from C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64 with admin rights

SmoothVideo Project (SVP) for mpv.net Part 2:

>Copy this basic script necessary for svp and mpv.net to communicate:

# this is required for SVP to "catch" the mpv
input-ipc-server=mpvpipe

# hardware video decoder
hwdec=d3d11va-copy
#hwdec=dxva-copy
hwdec-codecs=all

profile=opengl
# high quality video output, require rather fast video card
#profile=opengl-hq

opengl-backend=angle

# "ReClock" replacement
#video-sync=display-resample
#video-sync-max-video-change=5

# miscellaneous options

# may fix audio desync in come cases
hr-seek-framedrop=no

# this can't be used with SVP cause it also saves vf's states
save-position-on-quit=no

#log-file=mpv.log

>Now save it as mpv.conf and paste it inside C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\mpv

>Open SVP without admin rights.

>Thats it. Now you can play videos with mpv/mvp.net with svp

Difference between this and the other mpv?

introduces new bugs