/fugg/ - Fuck Google General

The purpose of this thread is to provide alternatives for the google products/services.

Main goal: liberate yourself from the digital version of 'Brave New World/1984'

>Recommended search engines:
Qwant, Startpage, Searx, Yandex, DuckDuckGo

>Email:
Cock.li
Tutanota
Protonmail
mailinabox.email (easy to setup self-hosted email)

>Cloud Storage/Notes, Contacts, Calendar:
Self-hosting your own NextCloud is your best bet for this but if you lack the knowledge or resources there's nextcloud.com/providers/ and disroot.org for a limited free option, you could use NextClouds p2p encryption feature or cryptomator to keep your files safe on a 3rd party server but that won't cover the motes, contacts or calendar sync

>Video Hosting:
youtube-dl + RSS for subscriptions for a YouTube experience that gets rid of at least some of googles tracking, invidio.us for a more ez-mode approach, dtube is also an option if you want to avoid YouTube altogether

>Smartphone:
Flash an ASOP rom like lineageOS without the proprietary google play services addon, Flash MicroG if you need an app that requires play services, SnailfishOS is an okay option, Avoid iOS that's moving from one proprietary walled garden to another

>Android apps:
F-Droid
Yalp/Aurora store (play store mirrors)
Adaway
AFWall+
Nesteps
Kuroba :^)

>Recommended browsers:
Firefox, Palemoon, Ungoogled-Chromium, Brave
If you're going to use (or use already) Firefox or a fork follow the instructions over on www.privacytools.io/browsers/ for some extra browser hardening steps

And thanks to the user who posted this template on a degoogle thread a while back

Attached: nogoogle.png (840x487, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2019/07/05/google-gmail-purchase-history-cant-be-deleted.html
youtube.com/watch?v=shxTTon5lfs
is2.Jow
alternativeto.net/list/818/how-to-live-without-google
download.lineageos.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wasn't it protonmail that got discovered was selling out their data to the US government? P sure a bunch of pedos got caught using it.

thank you so much I realize my shitty no info thread from last night died and was gonna put up another one.
We must ensure that this thread is up at all times.

BOOMERS: Remember Microsoft in the late 80s, early 90s? That shit was bad huh. Well, we have a new menace, with new tactics. DON’T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!

Nigger replace that first “Firefox” with “Icecat”

This, icecat is the non retarde version of firefox and is hardened with privacy and security enhancements. I dont like pocket from vanilla firefox.

Okay, nobody is saying anything but did captcha get insanely unbearable these last few days? I almost can't post because it keeps telling me an error that I didn't complete the captcha, even though I actually did.

This keeps going for several times. And there's the captcha themselves, and just gives me

>Please try again

No matter if I chosen all of the correct pictures. This is such absolute garbage, but is it just me?

I got you homie.

No problems for me. Have you tried buying a Jow Forums Pass? :^)

Ok there's some pretty deep shit going on right now. READ THIS POST!

I'm a glorious pirate and have been trying to download some games for a modern console. Specifically looking for a 15GB game now but have downloaded many more. I'm from a niggerlicious hellhole with ridiculous upload speeds and have thus been removed from private trackers.

There are public torrents for this game. Over 50 leechers by yesterday and the file is only partially available. Since fucking february at least. There are a lot of file hosting sites that hold the game. But all of them deny service without premium/whatever accounts, including big cloud services like microsoft's. But there is one easy trick to download the file - find it on Google Drive, clone it to your Google account and download. These instructions are widespread.

Remember, Google records absolutely everything that you do on the internet. Most websites including here actively employ Google services like recaptcha. With all your activity being updated in real time, it's really easy to pinpoint who you are, even if you use a VPN, from fingerprinting. It doesn't matter if you try to blend in, everyone is already known by Google. The person who Google didn't easily recognize can only be one of the few autists who care about their privacy, and telling apart a few people is trivial.

To create a Google account you need a mobile phone number. Getting one online won't work with Google. Buy a SIM card, put it on and your location is forever registered. Google knows everyone in that area because they don't care about privacy. If you registered with Google, they know it is you. They can legally prove it is you in a police state. Who knows when the Statute of Limitations will really hit with the future being a police state. Yes, this is where I'm getting at. Today it is acceptable to pirate something. But in the future, you may be going to jail for today's piracy. Specially if you aren't a good goy. Your social credit will be shit.

Attached: 1514130216381.png (480x480, 176K)

I've been bullied hard by google captcha these days too. A lot of websites asking me to captcha before visiting, presumably cloudflare's fault, and I have to solve like 15 puzzles before passing. Some of which are the ultra-slow updating variety.

same shit for me on firefox, posting is nearly impossible and requires ~10 minutes of solving captchas
google is probably sabotaging them on purpose because so many people are jumping ship due to all the negative press chrome has been getting in mainstream media in the past week.
>install firefox
>captcha doesn't work
>go back to chrome [spoiler]or buy a Jow Forums pass :^)[/spoiler]
good goy

if only I could install extensions with icecat, I keep getting a connection error, pretty sure the problem is related to signatures

Is this just anti-google? Cus that seems easy just go full apple

ASOP should be AOSP

>Recommended search engines: Yandex
You might as well recommend Baidu.

I just don't post if I only get cuck Captchas, because I refuse to solve them. I will admit that I have lately been unable to post a lot more regularly, but it happens on and off and there's nothing you can do.

I had to leave this tab for a bit then come back and try the Captcha again, and it was much easier then.

cnbc.com/2019/07/05/google-gmail-purchase-history-cant-be-deleted.html

heh, nothin personel kid.

Are you a pedo?

>Yandex
>Baidu
Are you in Russia or China? Also, read the first sentance of the thread!

Nope, but it's pointless to claim Protonmail are clean when they're not.

Need a web browser for android. Please list some options! IceCat mobile is shit btw.

Are you a CIAnigger?

OP please add Newpipe to the list for Android apps, for replacement of Youtube app, in future. And Clover (Clover/Kuroba) for w/e-chans.

the thread is about replacements for google's services. so, proton is a good option. it is up to you to decide which one you like.

yes

retard

Attached: 844478FF-971C-44C5-82E8-09476B3EC3EE.png (952x717, 186K)

duckduckgo browser

sauce? big if true unironically but also I can't find shit on ddg results

Idiot, watch this and educate yourself
>youtube.com/watch?v=shxTTon5lfs

There isn't any, he's just a shill making baseless accusations.

this a rather delusional adn dramatic video user, his reasoning doesn't directly disprove apple's privacy policies, has false claims like apple can access your icloud accounts and completely runs on pseudoinformation. By law (depending on country) you're protected by using Apple products (given you also dont give in to botnet apps on apple OS's as mentioned in the video). It's one step below Tails and LineageOS if you use Tor/freenet as browser and don't do DPR-tier mistakes.

just checked out his channel too, he's misinformed about basic shit like believing duckduckgo is secure

numbers.city

>Recommended search engines:
>Yandex
Eбaть дeбил.

>self host my own mail server
>3 months pass
>get blacklisted by gmail, outlook and all big email services

what the fuck do i even do now? it will happen to everyone trying to selfhost

Can you explain why duckduckgo is unsecure? I'm not saying it's not, I just want to know

Aгa, aзaзa.

captcha?

Attached: 1525148854456.jpg (499x322, 34K)

it uses verizon data centers for north american (if not other surrounding regions as well) traffic. Verizon is like a sex slave for the NSA.

eat shit, you just wasted money on the toilet of the internet.

Aren't you alraedy fucked the moment you have a smartphone? Or if you already use or still use any social network? (and let's be honest, unless you're an outcast, they're really convenient to communicate an follow people nowadays and I tried but had a really hard time getting rid of those, not even talking about how usful they are to promote yourself when it comes to art)

why shouldn't I go full Apple?

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_gordonkelly_files_2019_06_New-Apple-iPhone-11-Max-1200x1189.jpg (960x951, 73K)

unironically though Xr and 8 will be a good value once that horrendous abortion comes out. Also based on rumours they'll get back to scissor keys, if they do buy that but otherwise you're about 5 years too late.

Why does kuroba crash when on this thread only?

>slow updating captchas
That shit's aggravating, do they deliberately slow it down? I'd be able to deal with refreshing pictures if it refreshed at a tolerable speed. It pissed me off so badly once, that I just refreshed the captcha until it gave me a decent puzzle, but then google effectively temp b& me for it.

>Yandex
oh sure, lets just got to the russian botnet instead

>cock.li
I dont trust google, why should I trust an user fuck
>tutanota
email for cucks
>mailinabox.email
outside of something like protonmail, this is the only answer. Not a correct one though, cause if where the server is located goes up in flames, you are fucked

>ASOP, not iOS
Oh yea, totally saying fuck google eh? yea, lets not trust the company who has literally staked their company on not violating your privacy and has shown no history of violating such privacy and in fact protecting it in the face of governments.

>android apps
Fuck google, amirite?

>recommended browsers
Only section not retarded.

NSA

Yea, read the next line, dumbass.

is2.Jow Forums.org/pol/1562388644254.png

wtf is this real?

First
see image as to why
Second
most likely is stormfront, if anyone. Most Jow Forumsniggers are frequenting shit like stormfront so most likely this is where its from

Attached: shitposting pol.jpg (500x600, 75K)

Bros how do I replace Google calendar? I want something with equivalent functionality that syncs with my wife

Attached: 145646678765.jpg (1200x675, 178K)

Unironically, iOS iCloud.

is it real though? seems like something google devs could easily do.

How do I access that on my Android device

>android device
>google alternatives

I mean, im not saying iOS is the only alternative and everyone else is wrong, but its a damn good one IMO.

p.s. google "icloud on android"

>Fuck Google general
>"Google it"

Attached: 1559964074596.png (1000x1000, 22K)

>I take things literally
Unironically, do you suffer from autism or are on the autism spectrum?

About youtube, do you know any GUI stand-alone program that allows me to search videos, browse channels and make playlists without using the youtube website directly? something that strips everything (ads included) and only leaves the search and playlist feature, it would be nice if it also allowed to read comments and see the likes but that's not in my main priorities.

Something similar but for twitch, with the option to disable the chat, would be greatly appreciated too, because twitch's website is simply pure cancer.

duck it.

>K-9 Mail has been working on a material design app for 3 years
>Still stuck on UI from 2008
fucking christ, how is there no decent FOSS email app?

NewPipe
It's on F-Droid

Subscription management still needs work but everything else is gold

Use mutt, you graphicscuck

Something like NewPipe but for desktop?

Gtk Youtube Viewer. You can search noramlly, see thumbnails, and save channels to a list for future browsing.

Pep is the decent one I found.

>Protonmail
You need to pay if you want to use a mail client instead of the webmail.
Pretty lame tbhfam

YouTube-dl

>2019
lol
this has probably been possible since the google captcha first got implemented

You can use electronmail.
Its a foss desktop version of protonmail. Lets you bulk export too, allowing you to bypass the free tier 500mb.

mongolian brainlet retard here, how the fuck do i even install icecat on windows?

alternativeto.net/list/818/how-to-live-without-google

>talented people don't want to work for free

Wow, shocker

Firefox Klar - works on many shitty devices
Bromite - Chromium fork, requires more RAM

As long as they use encryption it doesn't matter you retard. The only uninformed cucks here are people like you pretending they understand what constitutes security.

javascript shit is not a desktop app, its a web page

Just buy an Android device, which is supported by LinageOS, flash TWRP, root it and flash LinageOS. Plenty of tutorials online and on XDA.

download.lineageos.org/

Fucking retard, your browser IS a desktop app. Games are just a collection of scripts running in a game engine. I guess those aren't apps either by your definition. Honestly, faggots like you should neck themselves.

Duck yourself.

>no replicant
nigga

Liferea, you can save your subscriptions. You can even import your subscriptions from youtube if you go to your subscriptions and hit save as opml.

Have fun having nothing work

nice dubs, but i prefer to say "duckduckgo it".

Have you use it?

cutting off the left arm instead of the right isn't really any better

Attached: 1559646006681.png (654x657, 270K)

I can't install another rom on my phone.
Before I buy a new phone, is it worth using it simply without logging in and with apps from google turned off or doesn't it change much?

how good is Bromite
why can't LOS14.1 play FLACs

the real blackpill is that anyone who dedicates enough time to making a web browser is going to need to be compensated for it somehow and there will never be one without spyware selling your data to the highest bidder.

well first you remove Windows and then you install (GNU plus) Linux.

No, really. they don't provide windows binaries anymore since you can't build it without proprietary stuff from MS. So if you feel like setting up a visual-studio clusterfuck to build a Firefox fork (with some extra bits that are not tested on Windows at all) then go right ahead. It's an absolute screaming shitshow compared to "apt-get list-of-dependency-libraries; ./configure; make; make install"

I just watched the google leak thread get deleted... wtf is going on?

It was deleted twice

any decent browser that doesnt delete my private tabs every time I close it?
I only surf on private mode and this is the main reason why I still use Boat browser and via

What you mean with leak?

you can set firefox to behave like private mode in normal browsing

Whether this is true or not, two threads discussing this image have been deleted so far.

Attached: googs.png (512x148, 14K)

No wifi, GPS, or bluetooth unless you install non-free firmware seperately.

...The speakers also don't work, but the audio jack does. So it's not completely clear if you can make calls without wearing earphones. I don't know if the microphone works.

firefox based browsers were always buggy and forced close a lot
also tabs are always on the upper size on the screen so its awkward to use

Attached: PANIC_PANIC.gif (300x169, 2.66M)