Middle of 2019

>middle of 2019
>still no Librem 5 phone
What is with Purism? Are they gonna release the phone or is it a scam?

Attached: librelie.jpg (1146x718, 123K)

Everything is a scam.

What's the point when my banks forced two-way authentication only works with android/ios?

Isn't that the sjw company?

Attached: images.jpg (268x188, 14K)

You're scam

I don’t think scammery is what we’re looking at here. Their laptops certainly aren’t scams, and they’ve done a lot of development to get them corebooted.
I think this is more like incompetence or a mistaken overestimation of their capabilities to accomplish the task in a certain timeframe/budget

>middle of 2019
>scheduled for an initial release in Q3 2019
>why is it not out guyz?

>let’s take the most CLI driven OS and put it on a device that relies entirely on a GUI driven experience
Shit was never going to be a thing

If you had been paying attention since the beginning of the project you would know Purism keeps pushing the release date farther out. Q3 release is a maybe at best based on their track record so far.

I am following the project for quite a while now.
Ever since I backed them actually.

I'd rather they get it right then get it fast.

explain Android.

They should have said from the beginning they didn't know what the fuck they were doing and had no idea when it was going to be done. Its shady business to sell pre-orders based on a release date that keeps changing. I am sure they mean well but I can't imagine that there aren't a lot of potential customers that have given up on them. Its so far from when they began the specs on the phone are horribly dated now too.

Android is not GNU/Linux
Android uses the Linux kernel but outside of that it’s entirely different to your standard “Linux” distro which in reality is a gnu/linux distro
This is one of those times the Linux is just a kernel autism has a point

>Not using a dedicated 2FA device only kept in airplane mode

It's a scam. Wait for pinephone instead.

I didn't know about Pinephone thanks.

It lists a Mali GPU though. So Linux will not have hw acceleration. At least SaiflishOS would run fine since it uses the Android drivers to accomplish that.

Related Panfrost port when? Anyone?

I knew it was vaporware from the start

Q3
y-you'll see

Attached: 1538032853984.png (336x455, 79K)

Thankfully, you can install whatever you want on it.

oh ok, thanks for the explanation.

Attached: 586172968900624404.png (127x128, 36K)

>quad core 3gb ram shitbox for 650 bucks
wtf? That's a 100 usd phone

>$100 phone
>$550 bragging rights, illusion of security and the hassle of loonix

Attached: 383917.jpg (2000x1922, 173K)

Attached: s-stop being p-poor.jpg (750x1000, 83K)