/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: Nvidia has launched a Super-branded refresh of its RTX cards with slightly increased specs over the original lineup. The Ryzen 3000 CPUs with PCIe 4.0 and the Navi RX 5700/XT will launch on 7/7/2019. Graphics card pricing will continue to be exorbitant.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600 - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R7 1700X - Budget rendering
>For extreme performance in FPS, rendering, or multicore workloads, wait for benchmarks on 7/7.

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - higher framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>Wait for benchmarks on 7/7
>RTX 2060 - cheapskate
>RTX 2060 Super - standard
>RTX 2070 Super - higher framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>Wait for benchmarks on 7/7
>RTX 2070 Super - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - best fit for 4K but expensive

Previous:

Attached: serveimage.png (1389x500, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ryTTiZLIkrk
pcpartpicker.com/list/QV4VJ8
videocardz.com/newz/amd-to-lower-the-price-of-radeon-rx-5700-series-ahead-of-launch
wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-and-rx-5700-launch-price-drop-benchmarks-leak/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

where the 2080 super at

It would cost too much

thoughts on mag271cqr?

Fucking dammit, link the chart.

Attached: dzbx9fdkxv731.png (1139x5016, 745K)

It looks modern and it functions pretty well. Nvidia's control panel is an embarrassment.

youtu.be/ryTTiZLIkrk [Open] [Open]

I saw some forum posts with that same glitch when loading games and they fixed it by installing an older video driver.
I just tried the first driver that I installed and it didn't fix it.
I also saw some posts that the dude ended up ruling out the motherboard, and for other one the techs said the CPU had a bent pin. Could this be because of the thermal paste that fell on my CPU socket? At first it was only happening with igpu overclock and it went away when I returned to stock, now it remains when at stock and it even requires more voltage to run at stock clock. Also, at first windows notifications would pop up over gta and look blurry and with some pink lines, now they look all fucked up with pink and white squares. All this on a computer that's not even a month old. could I really have damaged my SoC vrm or the iGPU?.

Attached: 245.jpg (1333x900, 80K)

So what? Problem solved.

At the circus with the clowns that buy it

what "glitches"?
graphics driver restarting?

I don't know why you think anyone can diagnose your computer over the internet without your IP or anything to be able to magically solve your problems without info.

not him but post OP with it yourself?

What RAM should I get for a 3600X? What makes the most sense?
These are the local Amazon prices

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X : 269 euros
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X : 369 euros

2X8GB ram

Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MT/s CL16 : 79 euros
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 36000 MT/s CL 16 : 146 euros
HyperX HX432 3200 MT/s CL16 : 100 euros
G. Skill RGB 3200 MT/s CL14 : 210 euros

Attached: WHAT RAM.jpg (300x134, 8K)

Go for 3200c14 or 3600c16

3700x and ballistix

>Oh sure here's the CPU comparison at 240p BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE IT MAKES A FUCKIN DIFFERENCE
>Oh no lol that's pointless! Make a comparison with a realistic 1080p or 4k scenario
>No significant difference in fps between CPUs
>Repeat ad infinitum
/Pcbg/ in a nutshell

How dumb would I be to buy the 2700x for $199 from microcenter + a motherboard and then return or exchange the 2700x for the 3600 next week because better IPC for gaming but same multithreading.

Ballistix are the best cost benefit Rams! All ballistix use good micron dies! Thank you ballistix for providing me a good ram for a cheap price! I love you ballistix!

b450 vs x470 vs x570 for 3600

I just bought 32gb 3200cl16 Ballistix Sport LT to pair with 3700x most likely. Should be micron e-die and pretty dank price/perf.

Why you want to do that instead of simply buying the 3600 next week?

Is this a shill bot?

fuck mATX

With a good mobo, can these overclock to 3733mhz? i don'tknow anything about ram overclocking

Reposting this, but updated. Will go with WD Black 250GB M.2 SSD for storage.
Should I go with a 1660 or an RX 580 instead? If so, which one?

>designated Rust gayming computer
pcpartpicker.com/list/QV4VJ8
(I'm completely ignorant on the topic so feel free to point out all the retarded parts)

Would like +60 FPS on at least medium settings, on one single screen in 1080p. The GPU I'm looking at where I live (EU) is "Asus GeForce GTX 1060 Expedition OC 2xHDMI 2xDP 6GB" but the one on PCPP is the only one I found that was similar. It's about $236 here.

The total price where I live is about $700 (excluding the SSD). Any way to bring the price down further? I don't know if it's overkill or not enough at all, given the extremely varying performance experiences people have in Rust.

Attached: 00.png (516x468, 140K)

B450 for affordability. X470 for stuff like more USB slots and pcie Lane's. X570 for guaranteed compatibility.

because motherboards might be scarce or go up in price. Besides I could setup the PC now and ensure the BIOS is updated for 3000 series and just swap the chip.

There's a event on Sunday.

Attached: D-eVB6cXkAADwcF.jpg (1024x512, 58K)

Its going to be the definitive 1440p/144hz card

What GPU for 1080p 24' 144mhz ?

>go back to motherland for vacation
>build a 1,5k euro PC
>play a bit
>shits whack mate
>leave it for a month cause i dont got driving license and i need to drive a bus to my place
>concider taking the pc, but its a fucking 10-12h trip
>okay fuck it, when my parents come to my place they take it in one month
>the bus driver comes to pick me up
>still concider taking the PC cause there shitton of place
>decide to leave it anyway and wait for it cause MUH better safe than sorry
>while we were driving back to my place we were fucking jumping on road holes whole fucking time
>mfw if i took the PC it would be fucking ruined
guess ill better wait for parents to come, old man will at least treat it like an egg, the bus driver couldnt give a shit about packages anyway :c

Attached: ohmygod.jpg (960x640, 132K)

Thank you Micro for providing us with the holy and Crutial memory stick

>So what? Problem solved.
So what card do I get? 5700XT doesn't seem likd it'd be as powerful as I'd like. Pricing seems decent if you can get a good cooler for it at those rumored prices. I'm not paying $450 or more for a fucking midrange GPU.

No it wouldn't have been ruined you Eurocuck. Only the HDDs would have got damaged IF the PC was turned on mid trip.

No. Thank you Crucial I love you!

Much likely. My 3000c15 went to 3400c16 without much effort

Do that then, it's a good plan

Thanks Crucial for using micron chips exclusively. With other brand it's a shot in the dark what chip you're gonna get and they're pricier

>144mhz

>paying two thousand dollars for a gaming computer that you'll use for one hour after work to play games you'll be bored of within a week

Why the hell is the 2080 Super $200 more than the 2070 Super? Is it really that much better than the 2070 S?

Connected my new Vega 64 to the mobo, looks like it doesn't recognize it, power supply is a tacens mars Gaming 800W 80 Plus so I don't think that's the problem. Any suggestions /b/ros?

>RAM falls out of slot and scratches the shit out of everything
>GPU snaps off of PCI-E slot
>Side windows, if any cracks

All things that can go wrong if mishandled.

Take the GPu outta the slot and remove the cooler off the CPU if it's something massive like DH15.

You should be safe like that.

Post the image you fucking dolt.

Hey guys, putting together a new system.

Take a look at pic related. I'm looking to stay around $1k usd. This system I just want to play games decently without trying to squeeze every last drop of OC-ability out of every component. I don't care that much, I'd rather let the components have "a little left in the tank" and take it easy, not push everything to the brink perpetually.

Does this seem like a decent built? Can I swap anything out for alternative options to save money without losing too much (speed, stability, etc) or, alternatively, is there anything here I could swap out to gain performance without adding (trivial) cost?

Some things I'm not sure about.... the GPU has multiple options, up or down about $30 and I can't tell if I should get something a little more expensive or not. The gpu I have selected is 380ish but I seem to be able top get basically the same thing for 350, but what I'm I sacrificing for that 30? Cooling? compact-ness?

Same question for the ram - I dont want to pay extra for rock-solid stability for overclocking.

(and of course, dont hesitate to tear into me if I'm being a dolt and have incompatable stuff here)

Attached: system.jpg (1229x1490, 755K)

Why is the Samsung 970 pro nvme ssd 3 times more expensive than the crucial p1 nvme ssd?

easy killer

Attached: woaheasy.gif (500x247, 497K)

Performance

No idea until we get benchmarks, but I would be very surprised if its a similar leap to 2060-2060 super and 2070-2070 super

how do I choose the right UPS for my build? Do I just total the wattage of my PSU and monitor and get one thats rated slightly higher? I'm nit really looking for long battery life, I just want enough to shut my system down before the power cuts.

The crucial p1 nvme ssd is cheaper than the samsung sata III ssd. the fuck? is samsung's sata ssd more performant than crucial's nvme?

Looking at the specifications, considerably better write/read performance

guys?

Raw storage write speed is fucking 95MBps, though with 50GB fast cache you might never notice it.

Replace 2700 with 3600
Replace 2060 with RX 5700 for same price or lower
Wait for low end X570 for the same or slightly higher price but not more than 150, all new x570s have great VRMS and compatibility
Pirate windows 10 license with KMS38 or HWIDGEN, unironically r/piracy is your friend here, otherwise dont use reddit.
Ram, SSD, PSU, Cooling solution looks fine

Keep my MSI 1080TI or sell it and get the RTX 2070 super?

We told everyone not to buy Vega because perf/watt is worse than Turing.... what do we do now bros?

What the other user said. 3600 > 2700 for gaming.
I'd get a 1TB SSD as well. It's only around $30-$40 more.

Get 5700XT instead of Super.

>can these overclock to 3733mhz
Maybe at CL18. You might need 1.5v for CL17.

1000 VA should last about 10 minutes at 300 watts draw.

does it works fine and does everything you want?
keep it

The big secret is that brands and companies won’t put out an outright bad PSU in this day in age.

Why isn't Vega 56 being recommended for 1080p and 1440p? Fucking Nvidia shill OP. It costs $300 or less in regions that matter.

(heiled)
I'll buy a 1000€ peecee I use 12 hours a day while leeching welfare provided by wagecucks.

Because, as you said, an Nvidia shill made the OP.

I have a 1070 from launch day.
Is it viable for me to upgrade? Or should I keep waiting for a new good card to be shit out.

Attached: 1559944840723.jpg (250x241, 7K)

>Get 5700XT instead of Super.
Elaborate because the 5700XT in leaks manages to barely kiss right up to the regular 2070 which the S shits all over.

Be honest, after EOL where the fuck are you gonna get a decent vega56 new for $300? Plus, crypto mining is coming back.

videocardz.com/newz/amd-to-lower-the-price-of-radeon-rx-5700-series-ahead-of-launch
If the 5700XT costs $399, the 2070 Super is DOA. The 5700 costing $349 is still too high, should cost $300 now that regular 2060s are starting to dip below MSRP on sales.

If it plays what you want at settings and framerates you want, why upgrade?
How the fuck would we know whether or not it plays what you want acceptably or not? Only you know that.

5700XT uses less power and matches the 2070 Super performance. And it's cheaper. It's just plain better.

Lots of retailers were still selling Vega 56 for $300 yesterday. Do you have confirmation that that ended?

2070 super is DoA as it is. $450 is already $50 cheaper for a better card.

Attached: oh no housefires.png (1173x1024, 589K)

What do we know about AM4 mATX boards?

The $100 price difference I'd imagine. Even so, specs and benchmarks alone say the 2070Super is better if not pricier as well.

they werk

>Replace 2700 with 3600
this comes out in a couple days correct? Or am I missing something.
>1tb ssd
eh yeah for 30-40 more, might as well
>Replace 2060 with RX 5700
rx 570, correct? Its about half the price, but seems like a lot of benchmarks are around 25-35% lower. Also could be missing something.

>pirate win10 w/ kms38/hwidgen
I'll look into it

Do any work particularly well?

For amzn at least. I do see newegg still selling powercolor for $300, for now.

Attached: camelchart-locale-usasin-b07bgzntqjpricetypes-amazonforce-1zero-0w-856h-513desired-falselegend-1ilt- (856x513, 33K)

No, RX 5700 not 570.
More power efficient and faster than the 2060 super for same price as that 2060.
A tester broke the embargo date "accidentally".

>Replace 2060 with RX 570
no, its the Navi 5700, that one matches and or exceeds the 2060

Help

$50 price difference isn't dead on arrival in the business sense as braindead zoomers will still buy the Nvidia brand name. Plus, the 2070 Super is better than the 5700XT on some games, so if you do only play those games, it can be worth the $50 price difference. Now, if it's straight up $100 less, than the 5700XT is much better value, and even zoomers will think twice.

been out of the loop for a while, just need a new hdd. I seem to recall people on here shitting on Seagate and saying WD are way better - is that just anecdote about failure rates? Seagate drives are way cheaper where I am

huh my bad, yeah I see it now in google searches, newegg doesnt sell it? Seem to have trouble finding it

MSI > ASRock > ASUS > Gigabyte
Mortars and Bazookas are good

>matches the 2070 Super
No, it matches the regular 2070, not the super.

NVMe is only the interface used
It doesn't take into account the quality of materials or design choice
Keep

Its not released yet. he's asking you to wait like everyone else.
Not even the Supers are available until the 9th of july.

The 5700/XT comes out on the 7th, there may be a price drop on launch, and so does Ryzen 3000. Watch the CES/E3 amd keynote for all the info

No it doesn't. wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-and-rx-5700-launch-price-drop-benchmarks-leak/

Yes I expect the $300 sales to end by 7/7 as well. But for now they still exist and are still recommended.

$50 cheaper AND uses significantly less power. It even uses less than the regular 2070 while outperforming it.
2070 Super is DoA without any price drops.

The price drop rumor is likely to not be true.

Poor shill job with the blatant lying.

Comes out in 2 days dude

And then zoomers will think that cheap = bad and continue buying Nvidia anyway.

aaah, ok I got it.

And to be clear, that ryzon 3600 isnt out yet either correct?

man this thread moves faster than Im used to.

I think I have it straight now lol. I'll sit tight for a few days.

genuinely appreciate the info and assistance, my gentledudes

Keep.

Ok, i had no idea they cut the price to 400, that makes it actually not bad. But still, it's right around the 2070 and gets absolutely crushed in Wolf2 and it barely gets solid 60 in Tomb Raider.

Why reccomend it when the superior part is available in 2 days? convincing clueless dolts to buy $450 cards in 2 days that are marginally inferior to the competition (in heatsink and raw specs) should be easier than buying the $300 part that will be out of date in 2 days.
I do think the 5700 is a good "midrange" card and would get one, BUT I would need to get the AIB and not the blower.

Comes out same day as Ryzen 3000 series.
My concern is I thought blower cards were supposed to be avoided like the noisy vacuum cleaners that they were

Obviously the Ballistix 3200CL16; everything else is way, way, WAY overpriced for the minor performance gain

Yes and no. Some people like a balance between visuals and framerate, some people like visuals, and some people like framerate. Knowing the near MAXIMUM framerate achievable answers the important question for all those individuals. If someone's too stupid to understand a correct graphics card + CPU pairing, not the review's problem.

MuhVAPOR-CHAMBER

Attached: honeystick-vaporizer.png (900x900, 112K)

Yes, they should be avoided. Don't listen to shills claiming otherwise.

someone somewhere is buying a ryzen 2000 with no idea what's coming out on 7/7

>amd slashed prices on 5700 pre launch

There is no doubt this was planned from the start. Nvidia getting checkmated just like intel lkao god damn. How could they not see this coming?

You could simply disassemble the PC and put the parts in bags covered with old newspaper but youre too much of an Eurocuck to do that

I'm ordering in December and I'm still going to buy a 2600X.

And still getting a decent deal.

I don't know much about GPUs, but the 5700 specs looks dangerously close to the rx 590. Beside the memory bandwidth being almost twice as big and the Navi architecture, it's more or less the same on paper.

>my micro atx build fits in my carry on luggage
LMAO FULL ATX RETARDS BTFO
ENJOY ALL THOSE EMPTY SLOTS AND WASTED EMPTY SPACE
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif (448x251, 1.78M)

Even if you want mad fps what's the point in comparing 144 with 160

but why would you do that?

I bought a 2200g last month instead of waiting and I don't give a shit, they used the same igpu on the 3200g