Dear jannies: Hiro says we're allowed 1 (one) meta thread. Keep eating your hot pockets

Dear jannies: Hiro says we're allowed 1 (one) meta thread. Keep eating your hot pockets.

Anyway, can we ban brand war garbage? Intel/NVIDIA/AMD underage fanboys are by far the worst thing on this board, flooding the catalog with dozens of worthless InCeL NvIdIoT PoOrMd threads that contain nothing but the same dozen buzzwords spouted over and over until the thread dies and a new one replaces it. Of course that doesn't satiate their (You) hunger, as they then go into every other fucking thread and derail those too.

/v/ banned console warring (board rule 2) - why can't we do the same?

Attached: threadshot-1562083803368.png (1440x327, 58K)

I second this. we should also try to stop the apple/microsoft droning. I remember when "ITODDLERS BTFO" was first posted, it was mildly funny, but it's gotten very boring. We should either get rid of HUHUHU LOOK AT THIS NEWS/LITERALLYWHO TWITTER PAGE TALKING ABOUT COMPANY X!!!!!!!!!!!
or have a seperate tech news board

the catalog has ~150 threads and they're ALL shit

Attached: 1562342312345.png (620x400, 111K)

They should just have a stickied cycling thread for minor news

bumping for making sense

meta threads haven't been allowed since 2017, but I second your idea. hardware/brand/OS/DE/browser wars are /v/-tier bullshit

Attached: 1508819394828.png (451x114, 8K)

True that, for once OP is not a fag

>I remember when "ITODDLERS BTFO" was first posted, it was mildly funny, but it's gotten very boring.
look at all that itoddler cope

>/v/ banned console warring (board rule 2) - why can't we do the same?
I've been wanting this for a while now, it's really gotten out of hand. Outside of GPUs we also have people spamming threads and derailing others over things like licenses, operating system, window manager, etc.

A single thread for any one of these is fine, but when half of page 0 is MY GPU VS YOUR GPU, I don't see the point in allowing all of those to kill off other topics/threads.

agreed, amdrones need to accept the fact that they shit on the streets

No

Attached: 1559933937609.jpg (499x499, 26K)

yes.
although I think appletoddler posts should stay so sub-humans remember their place

>/v/-tier
It may be /v/ tier but it's absolutely Jow Forums doing this.
Let me suggest my radical proposal again. Temporary bans for uses posting in one board from going to the others.
Just local bans.
For example. If you've made a post on Jow Forums in the last two days you're banned from Jow Forums (and other boards if needed).
Jow Forums and /b/ may imply a much broader ban.

Maybe we could get some board culture back.
>inb4 everyone actually hates board culture now
It existed because people liked it. Face the facts.

just make a consumer electronics board and be done with it

High jacking this Jow Forums thread to....

Heh, and I bet you think they still talk about videogames instead of the awful people surrounding videogames.
That rule hasn't been enforced in years to the point where whole general threads are devoted to nothing but wojack edits of different console fanbases.

Attached: 1397820505905.jpg (408x613, 112K)

This is what comes of your culture and neglect for order

Not sure I follow how these two are associated. It'd obviously be an automated system. We're not cavemen.

It existed because of addicts, but not "internet culture" addicts. Understand that the average poster has a much different concept of Vietnamese picture posting sites than before; the concept of culture on the is much different than it was then, or at least wasn't so wholly centered on narcissism and gloating.

SEPARATE
CONSUMER
ELECTRONICS
BOARD
FUCK

If such a means existed gookmoot would have used it by now. You think those jannies do it for free (or at least are easier to manage than automated scripts)?

This 1000x.

Your desire to divide the site into cliques as well as not seeing how that result comes from that action, means that you haven't been on this site long enough to see that cycle first hand. It's a mitigation tactic regardless, it does nothing to solve the problem with the posters of the boards themselves. That can't be fixed with moderation or tooling.

>they do it for free
Yes actually. That's why they suck.
>if the means existed
We already have bans with associated ban metadata that's server side. That's 99% of the way there.
You're asserting different facts than I am and there's no way to tell who's right other than clues in poster behavior.
Do the AMD vs Nvidia battle really seem like consumers arguing to find the best deals for themselves?
We just had a thread where someone was laughing mockingly at price cuts.
Do you really believe they're that far down in the IQs that they don't realize how counter productive that is?
>you haven't seen the results of this
It was always done manually. And /mlp/isn't posting everywhere anymore are they? They didn't do that despite its popularity being peak well after /mlp/ was introduced. There's effective precedence for filtering specific content via bans. /new/ is another good example. It's also an example of going the other direction.
I'm not looking to magically solve all of 4chans or Jow Forums problems.

This is the only proper response to itoddlers btfo

Attached: 7D689172-D2BA-4377-98AC-6A808EDF3B91.gif (480x286, 1.71M)

This is not true, moot was just lazy and prioritized popularity over the site that gave him popularity. Moderation always works when enforced to objective standards.

It crops up here every so often actually along with gay furry stuff.
I just don't think splitting the boards further solves this issue or any other of Jow Forums's ills. For instance, a consumer goods board would not stop brand loyalty in the part building thread nor contain the distro-wars between different flavors of linux or different colors of desktop managers.

Attached: h1qc5ywrilvy.jpg (750x1076, 90K)

/tech/ should have been founded a long time ago. Also why the fuck did you shut down /prog/? The only board with genuine autists with high IQ.

>there are appearances of mlp
My God you're dumb. Of course. But that's not the point. You don't remember how fucking awful it was? Point is its so far gone its barely an annoyance right now. You've guaranteed counted weeks without seeing it assuming you haven't looked at every single thread. Maybe even if you do but I can't vouch for that.
>high expectations
If all you're looking for is perfect solutions you'll _never_ employ any solution.
I can't think of once in human history a perfect solution was applied to any problem which wasn't incredibly small or very temporary. And arguably those in the exclusion category costed too many resources.
It's not the goal here. The goal is improvement. And you're ignoring improvements in favor of further degradation.

Maybe because you're a filthy cross-poster? I can't say of course.

Thirding
Jannies, this is your chance

>/v/ banned console warring (board rule 2
>implying

Board splits have literally never been anything but a spectacular failure

this, pls do this

it worked for furfags, lgbt, ponies, and cryptofags.

You don't know how bad it was.
/vg/ worked. Took quite a while but it did.
That's containment. I think there's a difference but arguably there's not.

All the threads about AMD cards lowering in price being bad
Who are these people? I too hate things that could directly benefit me.

sataniaposting literally killed Apple's Jow Forums marketing, I think that's a good thing
ITODDLERS BTFO > costless advertising
btw Hiro, when Apple advertises and shills here, they aren't paying you shekles, so make sure to moderate that and force them to pay up

Theg might still be paying.
Maybe that's one of the core problems actually.

tech war is the essence of Jow Forums though. it's perfectly normal to have C# vs. Java/C++ vs. Rust or AMD vs. Intel threads every fucking day
e-celebs, falseflags, and apple/google spammers are the real issue.

This

>programming language discussions
They're not the best content but at least they have substance, sometimes. Rust vs the world often devolves quicker. A lot of repetition.
>amd vs intel
From a consumer perspective those are useless as they are now. At best they discuss indisputable evidence on a subjective level.
>e-celebs
Agreed.
>false flags
Rare imo. But maybe I'm just generous.
>Apple/Google spammers
They're the exact same as AMD/Intel shit.
And you forgot 5G conspiracy theorists.

Maybe have a dedicated technology board on /v so all those faggots dont come here

Just make a /con/sumerism board to be a brand war containment board.
Problem is we then can't tell people that anything that isn't FLOSS is shit and we can't shill for FLOSS alternatives because it's kinda like brand warring.

Do this. But ban anyone from /v to post on /g

Just put IDs on this board.

Using a corpse shouldn't be allowed. Pick anything besides /con/.

>get punished for browsing more boards
Fuck no, that's a terrible idea.

/$/

This, but no more user
Fuck you

add flags
t.pajeet

This. I'm tired of AMD/Intel fanboys. Finally someone is making sense.

I never said board culture is wrong fuckface. If your board ban was to be implemented I'd argue Jow Forums is a place that would trigger red flags before many other boards. This board is garbage plain and simple and needs to get something that would make shitposting and shilling much more cumbersome rather than punish anons with multiple interests. Shills can just get dedicated IPs to post on different boards to counter your board ban easily.

>Using a corpse shouldn't be allowed
The fact this used to be a guro board makes it even funnier desu.

Talking to the wrong person. Do you really think I'd manage a two word reply?

Jow Forums has never been guro, what are you talking about?

This. Separate consumer electronics board is a great idea.

Haha.

>PLEASE BAN THE THING I DONT LIKE!!!
Fuck off you rulecuck baby

Attached: 1441733238399.jpg (678x957, 343K)

I don't see what's funny. You're probably thinking of another imageboard.

Fuck you. If user is an underage zoomer they will choose /v. If user is competent then they can post on /g. Its a win win

>AMD vs INTEL posters are literally re/v/ugees who come here to post their children's game wars. Nobody on here gives a flying fuck about new graphics cards either, I don't care how many of you toddlers claim its for video rendering, etc. Just admit you're a redditor and go back.

Attached: image.jpg (728x728, 261K)

>/v
>/g
Hi, this isn't reddit. You are supposed to write /v/ and Jow Forums for board names. Subreddits are written with a single slash, but not imageboards.

please return.

>/v/ banned console warring
Yeah it sure fucking worked.

lea/ve now
Try larping back to /v retard

Please don't tell outsiders how to facade. Let them stick out on their own.

I'd rebut this with the picture of the surface notebook running debian with kde that I have in my lap right now, but I know that you've either posted this as an ironic joke, or a low-effort bait post.

I'm . I totally agree with you, but I still did enjoy the old "retro threads" with older Imacs that weren't centered around consumerism, in fact the opposite, repairing old computers to fool around with them. I couldn't start a conversation trying to fix my old G3, so I could play crazy machines right now because it would be derailed in an instant by satania. As I said in

this shit should be a banable offense

Attached: 1562363668.png (1080x650, 272K)

shit I cut myself off, I meant to quote this post
and say that I despise nu-apple, but retro stuff was and still should be a staple of this board. Also I'm gonna go ahead and check my own quads.

This is the sensible thing to do. Separate consumer electronics from Software.

I agree to some extent. But you might want to include the endless phone shitposts too. They're just as fucking annoying as everything else on this shitboard desu.

wrong. hiro stated that there can be one per board at any time

>endless phone shitposts
I phonepost whenever I'm away from home and I would 100% agree to a phone ban. Make it pass only and watch the quality skyrocket when it's much harder to shitpost.

>Hiro says we're allowed 1 (one) meta thread.
This got revoked months after he granted it. It has been (almost two?) years since this was allowed.

Is there a specific Jow Forums term for the ones here on Jow Forums who partake in the high end CPU/GPU brand war threads? I just call them /v/ermin because only underage gaymers would discuss dumb shit like that.

Attached: 1537158138520.png (640x359, 213K)

Brand wars are a radioactive wasteproduct of /v/.

I propose that all Jow Forumsentleman flood report them as extreme low quality, as they should be.

Attached: 1495076275416.jpg (480x480, 14K)

And then he said that it didn't work out, so the right was revoked.

A single containment thread would be the best solution.

I do, but it's hard when there are literal dozens of threads and hundreds of posts with the same shit. Just look at pic related, that is mostly just one user shitposting the same image over and over.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-02 12-09-18.png (717x1437, 413K)

Does it count?
>>>/global/rules/6

oh my bad

This right cannot be revoked. Proof of that, is self evident. Here we are.
Please feel free to discuss it. If people can make "MORE LIKE POOPYTELL" threads, we must be allowed this.
How can anyone be against a board trying to improve itself.

Attached: v - shitposting hell.png (1378x544, 141K)

Gnu. AMD now has the upperhand. Only Incel fanboys want not to see it

Inb4 the move to /qa/!

It was gone because the meme spamming children moved on to other less anthropomorphic (or more amphibian) memes and shitposts./mlp/ did not contain the actual horsefuckers since those freaks still cross-board just not always with a cartoon horse for an image; these fucks are still here because most made a home for them. The idea of a containment anything (thread, board etc) is flawed.
Not seeking perfection, just for something effective. This is not an effective solution because it is fundamentally flawed. Splitting up boards does not improve post quality by isolating undesired topics. In fact I could argue that it increases cross board posts topics and memes.

I don't mind it if they're kept in a single containment thread but half of the catalog right now is filled with [MY CPU/GPU BRAND] IS BETTER THAN [YOU CPU/GPU BRAND] threads.

Attached: amd-vs-nvidia.jpg (745x450, 92K)

Are you really retarded enough to believe Apple is going to be paying someone to advertise on this shithole?

Ok, I will post on /qa
Someone write some words for me

Use a fucking translator software if you don't know English.

intel and apple shill eternally btfo and begging jannies to pick a side.

fuck off this has been part of Jow Forums culture since before 2007.

incel babbies btfo

Hello, Anonymous
{other words}

Love,
Anonymous

jannies and mods are too busy banning anyone who insults anime before they care about tech on a tech board.

If this was /a/ then its understandable.

This is just for mods when somebody writes something they don't like.
Reporting something as low quality never did anything.

I will test it now.
l;kjdsfioasoiupwajnasdfalolololololodiouck

It won't work if they know you're testing it.

don't insult anime on an anime website if you don't want to get banned

Attached: 1b2.png (414x459, 263K)

dont insult anime on /a/ you mean