Distro Hopping

How many distros did you go through this year?

Attached: just mess my room up.jpg (1125x1138, 830K)

Several Ubuntu flavors and Mint
Settled for standard Ubuntu

mint > fedora > mint > debian > mint > xubuntu > mint
now planing to install Arch

Tf is a distros.

1, from Manjaro to Fedora

my first linux was mandrake so a few

first mint now manjaro

manjaro exploded after the first update so I went with arch for two months
then I installed opensuse tumbleweed and it suits me better
I don't really need/like using the aur and the snapshot feature is great

When I first discovered Linux I reckon I'd try about 1 a month though. Mostly with live CDs, later with bootable USB sticks.

I think it takes a while to find the one that fits your way of working the best.

For me, it's Xubuntu

Jumped to GNU/Windows (10+WSL) after 20 years of using GNU/Linux. Fuck modern GNU/Linux and its bullshit lately. Tired of it not working worth shit for anything these days.

200 RS have been deposited to your account

Windows because I was stuck with a shitty nvidia card, then arch > gentoo > back to arch after I got tired of having to put in twice the effort just to get the same shit to work.

Ubuntu>ChlaletOS>ZorinOS>Mint>Kubuntu>Xubuntu>Lubuntu>KDEneon>ManjaroKDE/W10dualboot

8 and that was in this month alone.

KDE Neon to popOS.

Finally understanding why people like GNOME.

0. Sadly nothing beats arch

0 because despite being bloated and filled with spyware, windows 10 is the best operating system in the world

zorin > ubuntu > manjaro > zorin > ubuntu > fedora

this

fedora > debian > debian + fedora (got a second machine)

I still prefer fedora but debian is very compatible.

: )

ubuntu to arch

i installed gentoo

I went from 1809 to 1903

Ubuntu 18.04 to Manjaro to Ubuntu 19.04 and finally to Zorin

Started off I think with a dormant Ubuntu variant, spent most of January and last year on Wangblows. But I've been hitting the Linux sauce hard lately. I started with KDE Neon installed, decided I wanted elementary OS, got that, decided I wanted GNOME, got Fedora, decided Budgie looked interesting, got Solus. Got fed up with it lacking packages and got Manjaro XFCE. Lived about 20 minutes on my computer before I longed for the warm embrace of GNOME. On a lark tried Pop! OS as it was basically Ubuntu with a nice theme. I'm liking it a lot, and recommend it.

android emulators keep crashing on Insider Builds

>debian sid
>void
>fedora 29
>void
>fedora 30

I stood with crux but I am planning to do a slackware and gentoo run to document its installation

Wiped Neon and installed Kubuntu. Big mistake, would not do it, again. Only thing Kubuntu does better is the ootb font rendering. Besides that it is a buggy, bloated mess.

antergos>arch

i have only used two distros in my life and i'm not planning on using anything other than arch

I have stuck with the little mouse fella, xubuntu !

I hopped from macOS to Windows 10.

1: MacOS

Ubuntu to Mint Cinnamon to Elementary to Mint Xfce. Trying to find a capable distro but low resource enough for a Core Duo with 2GB. Elementary is garbage by the way.

Did you try Lubuntu? Runs decently even on Pentium III

I’ll be trying it tomorrow. Not really in to Ubuntu in general but still...

I have used 3 distros in my lifetime, and 2 of those (Slackware 2008-2012 and Mageia 2012-2016) I just had on a 30GB partition besides Windows, but never used them. When I installed Arch in 2018, I actually started using Linux for day-to-day stuff. Now I only use Windows about once a week for gaymen.

Games are the only reason retards defend Windows.

0. Been using Ubuntu since forever. It has everything I need. Fuck all of you

ubuntu>manjaro>arch>nixos

I just always use Ubuntu. It has the most support and documentation of all the distros. But really I end up switching back to windows or macos because Linux is trash as a desktop OS. I love it on the server, but no distro preference there... Centos maybe?

>mismatch of test servers at work, most with ubuntu
>one (1) centos staging server
>the abomination that is microshit azure
>debian as daily driver
>gentoo for my home server
I "distro-hop" just by doing day-to-day tasks

trisquel, lubuntu, xubuntu

Your company runs servers with ubuntu? But why?

What are you trying to say about azure? That's just the name of their cloud platform right? How is that a distro?

And why the fuck would you run Debian as a daily driver? Are you autistic or a sadomasochist?

I stick to the one I use

Manjaro to Arch. Never looking back.

Just install fucking mint, or literally any popular distro you fucking nerd

If you're "distro hopping", then you don't really need Linux at all and better return to Windows because you'll never be content.

Get off of deb systems and onto arch or rpm based.
It seems like it shouldn't make a diff but it really does.
Manjaro xfce or something with mate should work well. Mate Ubuntu is even usable on my rpi3 faster than raspbian with it's lxde cancer.
Lxde has always been a meme.

Also, slitaz with jwm is crazy light

There's an option other than Temple OS?

Linux Mint 18.3 -> Linux Mint 19.1

Attached: cute.jpg (800x1136, 217K)

But which one of the popular ones then? Like I said, I don't distro hop any more. These days I stick with the xfce spin of fedora. Have done since version 8. I've seen reviews of Linux Mint but to me it seems kinda limited and I don't like how the desktop is set up. Aren't you more nerdy for holding such strong views over something that doesn't really matter? As others on this thread have said, they're all pretty similar. Its kinda like having an argument over which flavour ice cream is best.

Using Arch and Arch based distros for years

Ive been using lubuntu since version 11:10, but im gonna jump. LXQT could be good in the future but its not mature enough to replace LXDE.
I think i will use Mint Cinnamon.
I tried Manjaro LXDE and i dont want to learn Pacman, perhaps i will in the future but not now.

Nobody, NOBODY asked a pedo. KYS.

It's just a picture of a cute girl. Whats wrong?

wow, rude
please be more tolerant of other posters, user, this is a friendly website

more secure than SJWfox that had several zero days recently

wrong thread

none, debian is great

Windows 10 > Manjaro > Arch

arch > void > debian stretch > arch

S-should I come back to Debian when 10 is released ?

why dont you try fedora?

None. A total of 2 in my entire life.

>Your company runs servers with ubuntu?
test servers, as in the servers to test software on before pushing to the actual production server
>Azure is just the name of their cloud platform right?
yes, and the distros you can choose form are heavily edited by their interns and pajeetd
>why the fuck would you run Debian as a daily driver?
it works, so why not?
sid with xfce4, so why not

Arch btw and Debian.

This year I continued with OpenBSD and Debian, tried Fedora, and installed Gentoo once (didn't quite get it working). Going to go install OpenBSD 6.5 and will have another go at Gentoo later

Is it worth going back to Gnome now?

Here's my journey:
>Ubuntu
>Manjaro
>Arch
I'll probably settle on Arch. You faggots keep saying it breaks every time I update, but for the 4 months I've used it so far it's been smooth sailing.

Attached: 1507239048598.jpg (598x626, 70K)

Sticking to Void so far, i may go back to Gentoo later but this is comfy rn

Attached: 1557407354717.jpg (700x609, 163K)

Why should I ?

my main laptop has been debian for years

my desktop has always been win10 but i bought a second hard drive and put ubuntu on it. i now barely ever fire up win10 but still have the option for gaymin

secondary laptop that i just fuck around on went from gentoo to void to openbsd to manjaro within two months. will probably go back to gentoo desu but fuck doing the install again, i'm going the genlib route like a little bitch. i did it myself once for the experience and that was enough for a lifetime

Attached: aaamegameme.jpg (192x262, 8K)

>switching from manjaro to arch

why? isn't manjaro basically just an arch installer?

at least 5

I've been on debian for 5 years now. You'll grow out of it buddy.

exactly 1/12 . I've been using gentoo for 12 years

everyone who quit gentoo for whatever reason is basically incompetent

compiling from source on an old laptop is AIDS and whatever boost in efficiency i'm supposed to be getting is unnoticeable. you eventually grow up enough to realize that making yourself suffer so that you can brag to strangers online about your epeen is retarded, you'll get there eventually.

No, manjaro is behind arch for about a week, tons of shit breaks because of this.

I just added opensuse, so now I dualboot fedora/opensuse.

Attached: stfuanomoly.png (601x602, 890K)

Manjaro is not quite an arch installer, it has some own tools and repositories.
I had multiple reasons. I didn't want unnecessary bloat, I wanted to switch DE so I thought I might as well restart from scratch. Manjaro also has several flaws like holding packages hostage. There's a site listing all of the flaws but I was unable to find it.

2, lfs and bionic puppy

2, concurrently
1 void distro
1 antergos distro, soon to be dead and they have never even once gotten their installer to work without bugs
void is better

Been using Arch for 10 years or so. I see no reason to switch to another GNU/Linux. Maybe OpenBSD on my Thinkpad.

this

archfag doesn't know

>NixOS
Nifty, but I didn't put enough effort into learning its tricks to really appreciate it I think
>KDE Neon
About as stable as a fat man on a folding chair, I have never used something that krashed as much as this thing did. Was nice when it actually worked though
>Fedora Silverblue
It was interesting, but VERY slow and you are locked into GNOME. The gimmick isn't very well integrated yet, a lot of random things did not work the way they were supposed to

install gentoo

Distro hopping is retarded
Just install a distro that doesn't break easily like debian and a DE that suits you
You want a feature that's only on x distro? Just install it yourself
Only valid argument is if you hop because of better packages

Manjaro to Angertos. Never going back to Manjaro

Attached: 1562382604935.jpg (800x952, 41K)

Been running Arch on all my machines for 4 years.