How are you preparing for technological unemployment? Millions are set to lose their jobs with self driving cars

How are you preparing for technological unemployment? Millions are set to lose their jobs with self driving cars.

Attached: 1558058873934.jpg (921x880, 51K)

According to whom? Something your mom read on Facebook?

According to common sense. What jobs will the taxi,bus,uber,limousine, armed trucks(bank money) and truck drivers do?

By not driving as a job

>not posting this on /driving/

I don't have any of those jobs user

>still believing in the lie of self-driving cars
You're trusting a computer to drive a car when they can't even work right anywhere else? Jesus fuck, people are stupid. If this fucking self-driving shit ever gets forced through, I'm going to laugh as it's VERY QUICKLY removed because computers will randomly fucking kill people because of errors or doing other shit.
IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, PEOPLE. FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

in the future jobless dystopia my role will be delivery drone pirate

Attached: aid1385449-v4-728px-Shoot-Skeet-Step-2.jpg (728x546, 49K)

Even if every vehicle gets automatic driving, there will still be jobs to make sure shit doesn't go south and for a manual override if it does.
Excuse me as a denshafag, ATO-equipped trains in japan are the perfect balance between safety and automation: train runs basically automatically but either way there's still an "engineer" aboard. On trains that don't have a driving panel like picrel.. they still do by regulation, they're hidden (in this case the wide white box on the right side of the windshield)
Passengers can get on the front seat but should a problem happen the conductor takes place and the train is driven manually.

Attached: Yurikamome Front end.jpg (1200x900, 156K)

I'm going to develop apps for self driving cars

By working at a job the necessitates my presence. Can't run a nuke plant without bodies.

And rail is by far easiest thing to automate. Even spics have automatic subway. But shit tends to break down all the time, so real driver is still needful.

kek

user, there have already been major incidents that resulted in easily avoided fatalities due to "self driving" vehicles. Robots can't drive yet due to the same reasons why the cannot currently replace technicians: these jobs have too many variables, and they change too often, along with the fact robots suck at improvising, which is an important skill when driving.

They can't take what I don't have anyway.

NEET and proud, RePrESenT!!

I know right. Same with "AI" in its current form which doesn't deserve the name AI at all, even machine learning is a bit too much. It's all marketing and hype. Look at Oculus "Virtual Reality", Google's stupid computer glasses, and Amazon's delivery drones. These technologies have labels attached to them that greatly exaggerate what they are capable of.

by programming the self driving cars

commie

Dude, those automated McDonald's order stations are so shitty. I think we're fine.

They will never come to fruition, at least not in Western countries. Leftists will fight tooth and nail to ban such vehicles on the road.

no joke i have a job repairing the robots. fuck off unskilled labors get wrecked

New bizonacci video when?

That's not how automation works, turbobrainlet.
Automation replaces low-paying unqualified jobs with high-paying qualified ones.
Higher wages increase aggregate demand, which in turn stimulates the industry, creating more jobs.
Automation creates more jobs than it eliminates.
lrn2economics

>repairing robots
>skilled
you're next pablo

I thought leftists were the ones calling for driving to be automated, both because of truckers leaning right, and because they want a nanny state where no one drives except the government.

All the drones I've sniped are just dildo caches.
Fuck yeah

it will take 20 years for it to have a significant impact on employment levels. There are more varied jobs replacing them and it will drive product prices for consumers down which will boost the economy.

OP is retarded.

Except that isn't true. Jobs aren't replaced in a 1-to-1 ratio. Automation reduces the number of workers needed for a task. If there were no cost reduction, then automation would be pointless.

Look at what happend in the Rust Belt states. No jobs replaced the ones that were lost and the area became depopulated. Outsourcing and automation took away jobs and reduced wages. How can there be increased demand when people have no money to spend?

Economics isn't an exact science. It's mostly asspull from academics trying to keep themselves relevant.

>Look at what happend in the Rust Belt states. No jobs replaced the ones that were lost and the area became depopulated.
That wasn't automation, that was deindustrialization. You can thank reaganomics for that. Our entire manufacturing base was lost to China. As millions of job posts were shut here, other millions were opened there.
Why did the oligarchs did that to us? Simple, to drive wages down. The same wages that were previously driven up by automation.
>Economics is mostly asspull from academics trying to keep themselves relevant.
You only say that because you have no understanding of it. You've been dumped truckloads of inaccurate, contradicting information and you are too dumb and/or lazy to sort through it, so you just proclaim it all bullshit. But it isn't.

I am actually working to automate all. To trigger the fall of capitalism by killing the economic cycle.

At worst, UBI will make money less "valuable" day by day and data will become what drives the economy as it should

Im a part time /o/tist, so I will be driving my horseless carriage myself until they force me off the road

By not being a brainlet and working in a field where technology can't replace you.

>being a driver in 2019
You've already known for years this is coming and simply need to find something else to do until your retirement

My point still stands. Automation may create different jobs but they won't lead to the creation of better jobs to replace those that were lost to automation. Not everyone is a jack-of-all-trades who pick up a new job easily. Automation will create new roles like automation engineer, but how many would a factory need and what's the chance of an assembly line worker becoming one? Most likely, the laid off workers would have to work in even worst jobs than before because there's an oversupply of labor.

Aren't you seeing that jobs lost to automation are typically those that are easy to do anyway? This has been a trend since at least the industrial revolution. You know those won't last you until your retirement. You simply need to get your arse back to school and learn something *useful*

Wait, that isn't even it. The jobs lost to automation will give rise to new jobs we don't see it yet. After ww2 the same luddites crying because of automation were crying then because, according to them, there were no jobs to be had. The result? The single greatest boom in the history of America. Automation will only be a problem if the government steps in to try to "solve it".

It's going to strain the idea of capitalist society. One way or the other. You can't have stability if there's a technology that when rapidly deployed makes unemployment skyrocket overnight.

Take matters into your own hands and stop blaming others. Go back to school, now.

Training my AI to write resumes. Going to sell its services to people who look for a job

Because people don't randomly fucking kill people because of errors or doing other shit, at magnitudes greater rates than AI.

>t horse

Based lefties then.

Not possible. Im in an IP generating team which cannot be replaced by computers. Some losers have tried and failed multiple times to replace my job. Actually people have been trying to replace my job before machine learning even became a thing. Hasnt happened. Never will.

I hate taxi drivers

Too many drivers in the USA anyway. It'll suck for that generation, but what are you gonna do about it? Teach them to code? You can't teach an old dog new tricks. You could do a one-off tax on the largest companies to pay for increased support for those made redundant, I guess. Otherwise, there's nothing you can do except just wait for them to die.

It won't stop there more and moe self serve is killing cashiers. If it can be automated it will be eventually.

I think they're great. No lines, I don't have to spit out my order in a timely manner when it's my turn, and ordering food in a foreign country is a breeze now.

Amazon, companies that benefit from this technological change, they can pay a one off tax for this generation to support them

amazon paid 0 in tax last year you think they will pay? or the gov will force them?

I seriously doubt armored trucks are going to be unmanned anytime soon. Driving the truck is only one part of the job.

These.

I hate cashers

i dont drive cars for a living you dipshit

Except horses can't learn. Go back to school CGPGrey.

Truckers will just become on-board mechanics and guards. Trucking won't end, just be incredibly cozy.

But you can hold people accountable, what are you going to do with a self-driving car, send some lines of code to jail?

Excel replaced more people than automated cars will. The people replaced got different office jobs than just sitting there for hours tallying numbers.
We'll be fine. Just gotta keep slowly paring back the population so we don't end up in a situation where there's no more pivot points left for even an educated worker. Right now I think we're 10% too high in the US. China and India are more like 70% too high. They're fucked.

Career stuff always gets posted on Jow Forums and mods never do shit about it, which really brings the question of why does Jow Forums even exist now.

>Career stuff always gets posted on Jow Forums and mods never do shit about it
They're about the only decent threads on Jow Forums, even though most posters are just dumb college aged jobcels whining.
>why does Jow Forums even exist no
Crypto.

This. Truckers will be guards, mechanics, and also have some basic computing knowledge o service their own rigs.

Mind posting what results you have had so far? This seams like a very interesting idea with a lot of potential.

Yeah a boom because millions of people died and the gubbamint basically gave land away for free. It had nothing to do with automation you retard.