I am forgotten...

Attached: serveimage.png (1200x760, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opensuse-guide.org/codecs.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe if it wouldn't still be a fucking pain in the ass to get up and running, it wouldn't be.

I've been using tumbleweed for 3 weeks and I'm loving it. Rolling release with snapshots is the perfect model.
A lot of FUD about btrfs but it works fine for me. I would prefer ZFS if it was available but fuck Oracle.
Honestly every arch user should use this distro in bare metal just to get the feel before judging. If you are a heavy AUR user it might not be viable but not many people use it.
Another source of FUD is that it uses some secure defaults like it doesn't add you to every single group like Ubuntu, root behavior is different, services aren't enabled by default. It's just a matter of preference.

There are better alternatives

Attached: 1548592784851.png (500x382, 27K)

installed tumbleweed about 3 days ago, I'm really enjoying it, kde looks very polished here

>lacks support for common media codecs because muh loicencing
Sad!

I'll post it every time

Attached: opensuse.png (547x435, 95K)

inb4 some retard links the outdated IBRS spectre mitigation article from Phorocucks.
fucking lel

It's the only Linux that comes with thumbnail preview in Firefox's file picker enabled

Attached: Screenshot_20161228_192948.png (1143x672, 239K)

>GTK_USE_PORTAL=1
based kdeqt file picker

here, look at this honeybuns
opensuse-guide.org/codecs.php

Opensuse is nice and all but pic related.

Attached: 1560368068248.png (500x378, 67K)

>looks like aqua
>arch
sounds about right

>All anime girls with blue hair are aqua

>move pony from top of down down to back
>same bangs + split hair
>blue, clueless eyes
useless chan for useless distro

OpenSUSE was good until Fedora SilverBlue and Fedora Atomic practically made it obsolete.

Btrfs fears are not FUD. There is unrecoverable silent data corruption even in the drive configurations marked as stable. Read the OpenSUSE bug tracker and you will find the devs confirming people are hit by it.

ZFS on Linux is the new reference implementation, such that all non-Oracle builds of Solaris switched to it a while back

But it doesnt integrate with opensuse unless someone does the work. e.g. GRUB2 needs to be able to boot their snapshots, zypper dup, etc.
So it's easier to use btrfs / and ext4 for /home.

Why would you ever boot from a ZFS pool? it's an unnecessary complicated process when you can just use btrfs.

ZFS is more useful in big data pools and raid setups where btrfs is not always the best, and you can use it like that on opensuse with the community packages.

So I can install any rpms on this distro? Even ones from fedora repos?
What if I want to update a couple of individual packages with zypper up, or is tumbleweed exclusively zypper dup only?
I clicked the install codec button on the opensuse community site, it installs well and I follow the recommendation there to switch system packages to packman; now when I do zypper dup it says that packman's packages are obsolete, and that the official opensuse repo's packages look newer (higher version)? Should I switch to the newer ones?

lol

KDE Neon does too.

Would be a top tier distro if:

They added a "install the shit I need to play movies and stuff" tickbox during install... Aka save me potentially hours of fucking about to get a bastarding movie to play in VLC. Do I need PhononstreamXgpuvaapifuckpisspisspiss package or what? I don't care I just want to watch my pirated copy of captain fucking marvel, why is this shit so difficult!?

Also if they made adding a network printer easier... like every other fucking distro!! Go find the fucking thing on the network, let me select it. If you need drivers fine I can manage to get them myself but don't start fucking asking me for the printers IP address or for a file or its http address... I DONT FUCKING KNOW ANY OF THIS SHIT! Let me select! Don't ask me for input you asshole.

Its a bad joke than Manjaro, a distro with its roots in supreme levels of autism arch is more usable than opensuse is. Get your fucking shit together suse.

Uh, no, you're not?
You're just not as good as Debian.

I'll bite the bait.
Company has been around for over 20 years. Still growing. OpenSUSE Leap is still being updated to schedule. Tumbleweed is updated daily.
Yeah, I don't get why all these people complain about btrfs. Nothing is making you use it. I use ext4 exclusively on Tumbleweed - no issues, unsurprisingly.
It's bretty good.
It takes one search and like two commands to install the codecs, you knuckle dragging retard.
based
Arch is a bloated, monolithic operating system. AUR is gay as fuck, the OBS is wayyy better in every regard.
Maybe for container development. As a desktop OS, it's pretty damn good.
I like this.
Yes, you can in stall rpms on an rpm based distro.
You should never have to use anything but dup on Tumbleweed.
Change the priority of your repositories in YaST.
It. Takes. Five. Fucking. Seconds.
lol

>implying needing to add an additional outsider repository to be functional makes a good distro

OBS is better than AUR. You can find anything.

Used to, Firefox fixed it a while ago

what in the fuck are you talking about user its a fucking graphical installer

No, shit is good. Best system for fuckwits.

Not OP, but I've tried installing and the graphical installer is subpar compare to Ubuntu's. Installing with encryption is also a nightmare.