Fixed my G4 on my own. Thanks for nothing Jow Forums

Fixed my G4 on my own. Thanks for nothing Jow Forums.

Attached: C5B01EA5-0F05-4CEF-8E70-983AE33DE580.jpg (4032x3024, 3.17M)

>stack of shit in the background
Hoarder?

can't wait 15 years from now idiots will be coming onto Jow Forums asking how to fix their mac pro monitor stand.

Attached: 1559927402714.jpg (634x922, 45K)

Probably from the U.K.

Anyone who owns an outdated g5 probably hoards like crazy

>i wasted my time on appleshit
lmao

/Thread

OP, I told you in the last thread. You can easily find a way better xeon cheese grater mac pro for less than $50.

The monitor is completely worthless, you only picked it up so you can say you own a mac. There are a lot better ones sitting in recycling centers all over the place and you got a real shitty one by comparison..

Attached: 1513030209262.jpg (2592x1944, 825K)

wouldn't surprise me if 99% of these macbooks are in a landfill or recycling center somewhere. the other 1% probably is forgotten under someones bed because it never worked and like some project car, the owner never bothered to fix it or believes there's something they left in it

Attached: i-d882fca156098d85e9d9fa767ac2b7f9-mizzou jschool loves apple.jpg (640x426, 144K)

Back to your containment board manchild.

Attached: 1556012255748.png (400x1650, 367K)

Just went back and looked at the old thread, what a fucking shitfest. This shit will continue until you start reporting that asshole.

> Jow Forums 15 years from now
oh, i know this one: Things that aren't meant to be

MACTODDLER FUCK OFF

Attached: (COMIC1☆12) [MOSQUITONE. (Great Mosu)] The Archdemon In Love (Gabriel DropOut) [English] {Tanjoubi (2508x2730, 2.91M)

Reminder that we have admin rights.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 12.28.30 PM.png (1027x744, 313K)

Did you glue the crystal back on the board or what?
I don't think anyone buying 15+ year old hardware really gives a shit about performance.
I've found them to be quite nice. Attention-seeking summerfaggots shitting out stale memes are much more manageable.
>8gag
Admin rights don't matter if there's nobody to administrate. Don't let tech illiterate morons shove more technology off of this already shitty shilling board.

hey I have a G4 too.

Attached: IMG_20190705_223641993.jpg (1512x2016, 1.93M)

I have no fucking idea why there are people spamming "DURR FUCKING MACFAG" when its actually good hardware. Enjoy your PPC, I recommend that you dual boot a linux distro.

>Don't let tech illiterate morons shove more technology off of this already shitty shilling board.
This. Purge all mactoddlers.

I went to the store to get a soldering iron to fix the oscillator, thermal paste because I cleaned everything with soap and water (except electronics of course) including the heatsink and lastly sodium carbonate and peroxide to clean the scratches and yellowing on the case. I still gotta do the yellowing treatment tomorrow because it’s almost 10pm here but everything else is ready to be reassembled.

I’ve already ordered a new 17 inch monitor for like 23 bucks because the one I have is the shitty 15 inch. After that arrives the plan is to max out the ram and get a Radeon 9800 Pro. Don’t know if the cpu can be upgraded but I have the 800MHz one, don’t know if that’ll be enough to play some old games

see

what's the compat like with the 9800 Pro? OSX OS9 or linux?

Don't you have anything else in your life beyond endlessly wailing about consumer products that so obviously make you feel belittled and inadequate?
Is it a dual or single 800? I'd probably just keep an eye out for a Cinema display.

soldering the oscillator back on the board did the trick?

Yep

Why does macshit fall apart so easily?

Single 800. I'm definitely getting an Apple CRT for this if I can find one at a good price.

Can’t believe I’m finally gonna play this game in OG hardware

Brehs...

Attached: AC7A85E5-40E0-4089-B4BC-976691B47868.jpg (4032x3024, 3.07M)

>6

Attached: 1560522460894.png (709x636, 169K)

Don't you have an AMD marketing thread to discuss gaming benchmarks in? Or does nobody respect you there, either?

Attached: 1553817206302.jpg (800x600, 36K)

This machine is nearly 2 decades old... It is interesting how far Apple has fallen, in terms of repairability, though. The case was designed to make all of the guts easily accessible, whereas nowadays, they're designed to make it as difficult as possible.

Sounds like a good upgrade candidate. I'd imagine they can take modules from other QuickSilvers, but it would probably be fun to throw something extravagant like a PowerLogix upgrade or something into.

I don't play manchild gaymes like you. Also, see

based

>replying to yourself
mactoddlers are so cringe

I love how neckbeards on Jow Forums all pretend to hate games, like it gives them superior or something. While these same people will have autistic pissing matches over wintel gaymen processors. Lol, yeah, like you stupid niggers need 16 cores to jerk off to cartoon 4 year old girls, and rice your autism distro.

I like how mactoddler manchildren think they or their manchild fruit toys for playing manchild gaymes think they belong on Jow Forums.

back to your amd vs intel thread you unoriginal nigger

Back to your containment boards manchild.

I haven't mentioned games at all in this thread. Will you now go throw your autistic tantrum somewhere else?

see

>Thanks for nothing Jow Forums.
NOT. YOUR. TECH. SUPPORT. YOU. COCK. SNIFF.

the funny thing is you probably spoonfeed tech support/consumer advice to people on this board all the time and are only crying into your keyboard now because you don't like the logo or are just clueless about the tech in question because it isn't gaming or consumption related

this is just hilarious.

You'd think there would be something unique or nostalgic about OS9 PPC, but there isn't. It's just a fat turd shitting on OPs face.

Attached: Mac-Pro-trash-can.png (500x330, 66K)

You're welcome!

just shut the fuck up already

hoard moar op

the loser will just reset his router again and keep shitting in the street as always, just take it all in and continue to express your amusement at the boundless fragility of consumer sheep gamer toddlers

hold it right there boyo

ah fuck.

Attached: 1a75b7489556470c316cb6072f7387e0a3cd06be59dcc3d6124a88f723e52ef8.jpg (529x386, 101K)

Why does Intel shill against PPC so hard?

/thread

Nobody cares, hipster shit

wow you sure showed him

He doesn't need to reset his router. Jannies don't give a fuck, they hand him "warnings" instead of banning him. I reported him some days ago, and they banned ME.

>Why does Intel shill against PPC so hard?
They know a credible threat when they see it.

You're welcome.

mfw i've been here for 13 years

Attached: go.gif (200x200, 559K)

if it's a shill it's more likely to be apple false flags or some other nu-soft's attempt to disrupt any kind of discussion that doesn't lead to people buying new products

but it's more likely just some triggered loser who got told a few years ago and still won't stop crying about it, with occasional newfaggot orbiters shitting out the same boring memes to feel like they fit in

its on windows tho

mcgee's alice has a mac version?

>umbro

the absolute fucking STATE of Jow Forums

what's that?

Just use an eGPU, retard

What a fucking achievement.
PC building is literally lego.

I really think the spammer might be a mod, or close to a mod, so he doesn't get banned.

>15 years
implying they won't release the updated RGB stand version in a year for $1999 only...

Attached: 20190602_apple_pro_stand_3x2.jpg (900x601, 44K)

man, Jow Forums really is full of underage morons. the only reason macs turned shit is because they switched to intel and became ersatz PCs. powerpc macs are the only acceptable macs.

if posting powerpc macs gets the 15 year olds this angry then please do not stop

Wouldnt a tablefan and standing the laptop on four erasers or something work better?

What OS did you install OP?

If he wanted a wintel box, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have bought a mac.

you can't expect any valuable information from nu-Jow Forums. it's your fault.

Do you need dicks fag?

Is there really anything wrong with owning a Mac g4 or g5 if you just want it for the PowerPC processor? You can run MorphOS and Amiga on these computers.

>Thanks
You're welcome

>apple
>rgb
>gamurz using macs
i can see them releasing a stand with slightly more adjustability for double the price

I still run 10.4 on my G5's.

Tech support threads are against the rules anyways.

Nah, that's the only way to have them.

this

bump

i think you're genuinely retarded if you think anything about that image proves op is british

MorphOS is overpriced garbage.

there's nothing wrong with running macos either, don't let shitposters decide your hobbies

Can confirm. OS X Tiger is comfy as fuck.

Are you the user with the orange light problem? I told you to check power connections

So is working on Macs from that era. OP's problem would have been just as difficult to fix on a PC

/thread

>t. 12 year old

Good for you. I'm sorry I wasn't around to help. I had to rig this series plug for my 24V memebook, only to find OSX 10.n Billygoat's Gruff or whatever the hell it's called sucked. I couldn't even check my bus schedule or which YouTube.
I put some Linux Powermint something which worked, but constantly maxed out the CPU with the resulting hot bottom.

Pic Before:

Attached: IMG_0058.jpg (3264x2448, 1.75M)

I clicked it and actually goes to a board holy shit

Pic After:

Attached: IMG_0063.jpg (3264x2448, 1.75M)

Antimacfags, get fucked.

Attached: 1562470083333.jpg (3725x2977, 2.91M)

t. never has replaced their thermal paste or cleaned their heatsink

Attached: NIGGER.png (332x182, 90K)

So you bastardized the DC in board? Jesus Christ dude, you can buy a new charger on ebay for a few bucks.

That was not an option at the time. The machine was not worth the (any) financial investment. Just making it operational at all was satisfaction enough. My newer MacThings collect dust anyway.

I'd throw $12-20 into a good 12'' PowerBook G4, beats the shit out of waiting for a cheap replacement or paying $120 for one when the hack shits out.