Actually why you masturbate to linux if you literally do nothing beside programming or net browsing...

Actually why you masturbate to linux if you literally do nothing beside programming or net browsing? This system sucks ass comparing to windows or mac os, it has nothing, not even good quality free software

Attached: DGGDDDG.png (354x316, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html
gnu.org/philosophy/when-free-software-isnt-practically-superior.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And I'm proud to be using GNU+Linux
Where at least I know I'm free

The free software for a lot of things are great.

If you're not liking it then go back to Windows. Literally nobody cares.

also b8 thread

you are schizo manchildren, adult people stop caring about this nonsense, system is a system, it's destination is to deliver as much configuration in the gui as possible and lot of software for work

>you are schizo manchildren, adult people stop caring about this nonsense, system is a system, it's destination is to deliver as much configuration in the gui as possible and lot of software for work

Attached: you.png (785x731, 201K)

>The free software for a lot of things are great.
ehe, probably this is why I purchased ton of paid ones and removed linux forever from my computer, because it's piece of shit, and controls are shat all over the place with ton of options placed randomly

I have been forcing myself to use Fedora 30 with (heavily tweaked) Gnome and XFCE for the last week and everything is terrible. The worst is the shit support for HDPI across the board while it just works great in Windows and MacOS. After that it's gotta be general clunkiness and just really, really bad UI. Linux desktop gets better every time I use it but not fast enough compared to Windows/MacOS and the gap just keeps getting wider.

like seriously, you create alternative software and you hide most needed options and expose ones nobody ever use in the menus, not to mention that quality wise paid software is literally more responsive and is doing it's tasks way better than the free

all we care about is EROTIC GAMES

>Linux desktop gets better every time I use it but not fast enough compared to Windows/MacOS and the gap just keeps getting wider.

Oh god so fucking this, they are just passionate software fans than serious alternative

Free as in freedom is not the same as free as in free beer.
You can sell free (libre) software, and you can also distribute propietary software for free.
However, nonfree (freedom denying) software is unethical, and it shouldn't be used.
gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html

please return back to earth, your software is lacking in GUI and menus consistency and the overall programming suck ass comparing to the software ordered by the company

gnu.org/philosophy/when-free-software-isnt-practically-superior.html

>philosophy/when-free-software-isnt-practically-superior

an you wonder why nobody uses you

Please bother to read the article. It's very short, and it doesn't hurt to learn about other people's viewpoints.

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1555338661216.png (709x869, 522K)

the title is enough

hell, it must not be SUPERIOR is just HAS TO FUCKING WORK

god fucking damn linux fags are fucking mentally issued

The only thing Linux is lacking is unironically gaymes. That's it. And it's still miles better in that regard than it was, say, ten years ago.

> software is lacking GUI
GUIs are for low IQ nigger monkeys. Use the console as a white man would do.

If only more freetards would learn such a lesson in humility and understanding, but here we are. Each and every day. Reminding you that nobody gives a fuck about your pointless moral crusade over something that should be nothing more than a convenient accessory in any healthy person's life.

Attached: 1561413358918.jpg (1024x906, 173K)

>I do use the CLI for everything, how did you know?

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

Stay poor.

I use both linux and windows because I have to build for both platforms because some people prefer using a deprecated DOS window manager that can't name a file starting with a dot and ending without a file extension.

this meme sucks

An ignorant view, to be sure. Imagine if you had a society that was completely dependent on these 'convenient accessories' and your ignorance of them made you a second-class citizen, a product to be bought and traded along with the other livestock.
That's this society.

>People only use linux because muh freedoms
You know there's other reasons to use it right?

>why do you masturbate to linux
I only masturbate to the thought of tentacles fucking my urethra.

Attached: 1555574664685.jpg (956x592, 217K)

how caN I CONTACT YOU

checked

Attached: 1459763170221.jpg (544x499, 42K)

Attached: comic.png (680x680, 507K)

what for?

Attached: 1555556593031.png (482x378, 84K)

reasons

You suck.

here's my address
so we can meet up ;)

רחוב אופנהיים 25 קומה 71
מחניים, 9914322

Good morning, shub-niggurath.

Based GigaChad.

>not even good quality free software

that's why i use proprietary software on GNU/Linux

Attached: chader.jpg (1357x960, 103K)

It does everything I need, it's free (price and liberty) and I love the simplicity of unix.

Linux is for programmers, not gamers

>Linux is for programmers
Linux is for the enthusiasts.

Hurr durr they use something I dont like. Until you realise that you dont only pay with your money but also your freedom. Like with windows10 who really controlls your pc?

Attached: 1561666828617.jpg (399x500, 34K)

If you can't write bash and edit config files then you'll have a bad time, so you kind of have to be a programmer (even in the slightest sense that you know how to write a file that does something to a program)

It really is better for programming.
And you can browse internet and "consume media" on any os.

If you are person that "needs muh photoshop" then...
Most of the people doesn't use that sort of programs.
If you need it for the job then you should have it provided by your employer.
If you work from home from time to time you should have been given a windows/mac laptop by your employer.
If you are freelancer or it's your hobby then you are kind of fucked, and it's your own problem, not mine.
It's nice that I don't need to worry about that.

I would dread using windows for programming, it's just awful.
We work on macs at my current job, but it is not as nice to code with as on my personal linux computer.
Of course there are people that are satisfied with the defaults,
but why would I accept something as it is instead of using something that works for me better?

The only argument against using linux (for me) are games:
let's look at the options:

- buy a console,
- have separate computer solely for games,
- dual boot with Windows only for games,
- setup windows VM with GPU passthrought

As you can see there are plenty of options, no one forces me to use linux.
I just prefer it over Windows.
Macs are kind of nice, there are things that are just better then anywhere else, and the things that sucks.
But the fact I can't buy OS X license and install it on normal PC makes it not an option for me.
Their hardware is shit, the only good part about it is the OS.

If you have tried linux and it doesn't suit your taste, then just don't use it.
Your taste is not everyone's taste.
Stop talking as if it was some universal truth that Windows is good and linux is bad.
Some people has good experience with linux.
There are others like me that prefer it over alternatives.
My taste is such that windows taste like shit and that's all.

coming

98% of which run fine on GNU with only minor issues

>im gonna greentext your argument because i do not have an argument haha exd that will show you idiot !!!

Stop this disrepect to a real programmers, please.

he would be crazy if you he weren't being spied on. it is a fact that the NSA can get any information they want from a apple or windows device. and it is also true that apple, Android, and windows devices sell your information for marketing money. you are the problem, an open free internet is what we want and your dumb ass is like that's some kid shit I think you are all fucking paranoid.

>do nothing beside programming or net browsing.
I literally have no other use for a computer other than deploying a server instance, which Linux is also superior at.
So, what's the point here, gaymes and Dischord I guess?

Attached: 1460385278293.jpg (720x960, 71K)

>if you literally do nothing beside programming or net browsing
because thats what i do 95% of time... coding on nix is just too comfy
and those few games i occasionally play have native linux support anyway

ssex