Damn, Linux looks like THAT?

>Damn, Linux looks like THAT?

Attached: 6575.png (1366x768, 845K)

Other urls found in this thread:

e621.net/post/show/225015
e621.net/post/show/333958
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>2 panels

Attached: 569a934088c3479d4a4a2edeb7f6091617776bd95dc0f882d5552062abbef6f9.png (349x346, 166K)

wow, it's shit

i want to see the rest of this

he fuck her boyfirend tho

its really bad
e621.net/post/show/225015
i suggest
e621.net/post/show/333958

both are bad.

What's wrong with xfce?

It's highly usable and customizable and uses very little system resources compared to other full featured DEs.

(I don't keep anything on my desktop since I just use the whisker menu with Super and type in the first letter or two of whatever application I want, or I have a bunch of them set to keyboard shortcuts, including thunar)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-06_14-09-18.png (1920x1080, 1.94M)

I can't tell what DE this is. Is this some sort of xfce ???

Nothing is wrong with it, XFCE and KDE are the only DE's worth using

Looks like the OSX DE to me.

Attached: 1540813647658.png (443x307, 33K)

>KDE
oof

Elaborate

Looks to me it is XFCE with a dock app and menu bar on the top panel.

The problem with Linux is not about it looking bad, far from it (except KDE)
The problem with Loinux is that it is unusable besides server applications and there is no clear path to improvement. Literally every contributor is in competition with the others creating a plethora of possible development paths and there is no clear direction. If only Linux had a visionary like Steve Jobs was for Apple, Microshit would be finished by now.

The problem with linux is that while it can look good on screenshots, as soon as you start clicking, opening or dragging windows you see that it was made by some basement dweller who knows jackshit about ui/ux

>oof
Yikes.

>The problem with Loinux is that it is unusable besides server applications and there is no clear path to improvement
I beg to differ because I can still use Linux as a conventional home computer OS, as well as a business OS thanks to the software it supports (like LibreOffice, for example).

Linux also has a visionary; Richard Stallman... You can't trust the visually impaired to see things straight.

The KDE, she's a shit.

It looks however you want it, the main point is customizability

Linux is a kernel.

Make the top bar thinner and the aesthetic will be complete

RMS is as far from visionary as a cheeseburger from a complete holiday dinner. Yes, both RMS and Steve Jobs were smelly, but the similarities end there. Nobody cares about anything GNU yet everyone wants to have an iPhone and a Mac. It takes a lot more than RMS has to be a visionary.

That theme is on the right path. The top panel is missing its shadow, and the font could use some styling (and/or choose a different one). That icon theme looks really ugly though. The GTK theme looks fine.

Also, seems like there'll be a new version of XFCE this year. It's sad that Debian 10 won't get it (without an extra repository).

>Also, seems like there'll be a new version of XFCE this year.

Word has it this is what holding up Slackware 15, plus waiting for 5.3

why? KDE minimal package takes like only 450mb of ram and it has everything you will ever need like the kde panel, kwin, all the settings, virtual desktops etc...

oh and only 25 package for the group package (plasma-desktop), i'm talking about arch plasma, idk if other distros are differnet

I tried to do some fixing

Attached: 1562435874866.png (1366x768, 1.04M)

why do liux users always have low res are they using mommys old laptop or something

Why is it that 96% of GTK themes are just terrible clones of macOS' Aqua?
There's a HUGE market of people who are denial about wanting to have macOS.

Like another shitty OSX knockoff but with not a single positive thing that OSX has? Yeah there are distros for that.

I always laugh at this shit.
>proprietary software is teh ebil!
Then what would you plagiarise for this sort of thing?
>all software should be open sores
And we'd still be using 70s CLI terminals.
Thank God the GNU way is a failure.

Sauce?

Nah the OSX DE fpr Linux looks exactly like it

this is mine

Attached: Screenshot_20190706_213849.png (1366x768, 682K)

*I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

for the first time the guy was actualy refering to the kernel that is only linux and not gnu anything

U M A
M
A

This, pretty much.

You're right but i wanted to post it once and didnt control myself

Why do trannixfags do the unthinkable to make their trannix distro look like poor man's OS X?

Attached: sierra-1.jpg (2560x1600, 939K)

>1366x768

Attached: 1551152874963.jpg (3840x2160, 584K)

Because they copy what's popular or successful in hopes it will also make their shit popular and successful without grasping what made this shit so popular in the first place.