Loonix can't handle monitors with different dpi

Did you know that it's 2k19 and Loonixfags can't have individual dpi settings for monitors? The setting is global, so if you have displays with different dpi either one of them will display everything too big, or the other one too small.
Even Wayland, which is meant as a successor for the disaster that X is still can't have individual dpi settings for monitors.
Can you fucking imagine that?

Attached: линукс дома.jpg (595x539, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/393400/is-it-possible-to-have-different-dpi-configurations-for-two-different-screens
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Loonix isn't able to handle anything that you'd expect in current fucking year but I'm sure some trannies will come in and tell me how I am completely wrong because Wayland will fix everything even though it's a worse clusterfuck than x.org is. Not to forget how the current fucking memeshit will somehow fix the fubar audio handling.

Gee, sounds like Loonix will be desktop-ready anyday now.

Yeah it's the loonix of the year desktop definitely! Any minute now Microsoft and Apple will be finished and bankrupt.

Loonix is so shit people get paid to tell others how shit it is.
stay mad freetards

Been running linux on multi-resolution monitors (currently an HD and a 34" UHD) with intel graphics on a Dell XPS-13. When I'm not home, I put another HD in place of the 34" monitor. External monitor connected by USB-C (shared with RJ-11 gigabit and USB3). Don't what your problems are, but maybe if you all get your collective heads out of your asses you'll learn something about the *other* OS. (Oh, yeah - this is on centOS 7 with KDE)

Desktop scaling is zoomer shit anyway. Who buys displays with wildly varying DPI anyway?

Attached: 1536526989297.gif (652x562, 626K)

Well, you take source code and бepeшь и пepдoлишьcя. Пoлyчaeтcя - идeшь в RedHat/IBM paбoтaть. He пoлyчaeтcя - coceшь хyй и paдyeшьcя милипиздpичecким бyкaвкaм.

Wayland can't be worse than X because X is just a huge pile of shit since 1990 onwards and so is x.org by default.

Nothing to do with varying displays but huge ass displays.

Literally never had an issue with this on Ubuntu, Solus, or Fedora.
Maybe it has to do with you guys using distros that aren't interested in "just werking"?

Attached: 1549906993245.jpg (1080x1920, 226K)

It's not the distros, retards, it's the X. And it's not about the resolution, it's about the DPI. Shit are loonixfags the "I use Loonix therefore I'm smart" kind of people?

X can dpi scale per monitor, not sure what you retards are on about

Linux is a kernel.

Oh yeah?

askubuntu.com/questions/393400/is-it-possible-to-have-different-dpi-configurations-for-two-different-screens

Still never had an issue with it on either my desktop nor laptop.

Attached: 1553019472370.gif (500x281, 1.6M)

Bullshit. I literally have one 1080p 24 inch 16:9 and a 15 inch 4:3 hooked up with no problem. Just plug and play like a monitor should be

Look at the xrandr manual, retard. --scale

--scale is not --dpi

>Even Wayland, which is meant as a successor for the disaster that X is still can't have individual dpi settings for monitors.
I can, on GNOME.

I'll make it easy for you

--scalexxyChanges the dimensions of the output picture. Values superior to 1 will lead to a compressed screen (screen dimension bigger than the dimension of the output mode), and values below 1 leads to a zoom in on the output. This option is actually a shortcut version of the--transformoption.

>b-but it works on m-my machine
seethe

Not him but how do I do separate xrandr configs for each monitor?

Rtfm
There are a few global options. Other options modify the last output that is specified in earlier parameters in the command line. Multiple outputs may be modified at the same time by passing multiple --output options followed immediately by their corresponding modifying options.

Based

I'm not reading jack shit, thank you very much.

You can do it with xrandr. Also Windows cant handle it properly either, you get blurry windows on the scaled monitor.

Are Pajeets actually paid to do this kind of shilling? Can I get a job doing the same thing?

So wait, is it just upscale / downscale? Do you unironically not realize the difference between upscaling and proper usage of high DPI?

UNIX and UNIX clones are designed to output to paper ttys. You should not have been using these operating systems any later than the early 70's at the most.

>Loonix can't handle monitors with different dpi
You mean the userspace can't handle monitors.

The kernel has nothing to do with it you fucking brainlets.

Hi Tyrone
what do you suggest I do, then? Which operating system do you advocate?

>the way the kernel handles video aka X.org has nothing to do at all with anything
The absolute state of open sores shills

Attached: 1550712356212.png (360x408, 433K)

That would be DKMS. And both DKMS and Wayland certainly can handle different DPI monitors, just not X. Which has been deprecated by its devs for around 5 years now.

>Wayland
The counter-circle jerk is fucking stupid but the circlejerk is also fucking stupid.

Wayland is obviously better but I have to switch back to xmonad because my setup is too difficult to implement into i3/sway and the waymonad port is not even finished yet.

Also people love telling you how qt/gtk means most things work in wayland but when I couldn't even use emacs that was the last straw.