What purpose does the X series Thinkpad fill today...

What purpose does the X series Thinkpad fill today? They're being marketed as "ultraportables" when they're hardly any lighter than modern 13 inch laptos.

Sent from my X230

Attached: 1.jpg (577x445, 76K)

kind of expensive and semi-glued together

would rather pay a few hundred more and just get whatever apple laptop

Some of the P series ones are cool, though.

high quality across the board ultralight
tell me something roughly the same weight and size or less that I can get with a 4k 500nit screen and a pretty good keyboard

macs are a fair bit cheaper than high end thinkpads

you pay a premium for a god-tier keyboard.
if you dont care about the keyboard then it's not worth it

Tried them hands-on. The keyboard is stellar, but they are tiny. I prefer my T460.

no keyboard is as good as the old 7 rows but the new 6th and 7th generation x1s are pretty fucking good overall

thinkpads are more expensive than macs at the high end, except for some reason apple charges $1000 for a 1.5tb ssd lol. thinkpads have better screens than macs now too. I think the only advantage macs have is their touchpad, which is something I don't personally ever use.

You get used to it quickly. Whoever did this made the heroine of pointing devices

>4K screen on a 12.5 inch laptop
But why

its 14

The thread is about the X series of laptops, which are 12.5, not X1 Carbon

This.
Anything more than 768 just makes scaling a problem and is generally unusable.

4k on 14" is still retarded

x1 cabron is pretty good, i do like the keyboard

its less than nice phones do. for poor people maybe it's too much.

hello gramps, new X series is 14 inch

Yea pay a few hundred more for 8gb ram and a dual core CPU. Posting this as I rub my X390 on my groin.

>didn't get x395
wow

Nope, they're 13 inch

I'm all for ryzen but I don't think they're ready for the laptop game.

post feet on x390

>thinkpads are more expensive than macs at the high end
objectively untrue

> only advantage macs have is their touchpad, which is something I don't personally ever use.
HAHAHAHAHA
>ONLY THING GOOD. TOUCHPAD.
HAHAHAHHAHA
You never USED the other and MOST important thing.
OS.
Way ahead of its class in terms of security.

yo satania we got one over here

It's not the keycaps or mechanics that are off, it's that since the X240 the actual size of the keyboard has been shrunk compared to the 14 inch model

And you can use the OS on other laptops, in fact hackintoshing on thinkpads is fairly popular

osx is grossly less secure than linux

Look man you're shilling in the wrong place here. Time to admit to that macs are for people who just think computers are too hard.

Attached: 20190706_154703(1).jpg (2128x2249, 1.36M)

shave your legs

socks during the summer?

the X series is to convert disgruntled macfags

lmao worked for me
i havn't used windows for over a decade i forgot how fun it is to monkey around on

If given chioce: X230 or equivalent Apple machine for free.

Which one Jow Forums? And why.

so you aren't "all for ryzen" are you?

I'm all for competition and products being selected based on merit. I use a 2700X on my desktop because it performs better than Intel while running VMs and wanting to game. I will play rounds of CSGO while using GNS3 and other VMs networking labs, 2700X does that. On a laptop Intel does that, for now. I evaluated my choices and then made a selection to meet the need, something people on this board seem to be unable to do. So that's my clarification when I say I'm all for ryzen what I mean is I want it to be kick ass, but it's not ready for that slot yet.

Got x230 for my mom, it's very nice other than quite bad touchpad. I'm not too picky about those things but that one is borderline unusable, something you would find on $70 chinese laptop.

You can use trackpoint but it's just slower to use than good touchpad.

x230t ftw. still better than the tablet shit they sell today.
shame they split it off for that yoga garbage.

are you kidding? x230/x230t may have been better machines in a lot of other ways but the tablet of the yoga's is leaps and bounds better than the old style.
t. deals with both of these in bulk.

low iq post

i have the 2nd gen x1, the hybrid. it comes with a snapdragon soc and can switch between windows and android. can get 18 hours of life out of a 3 cell battery.

>You can use trackpoint but it's just slower to use than good touchpad.
lmao

Attached: 343.jpg (300x300, 48K)