Honk honk

archive.fo/6dieP

Attached: 1562449731371.jpg (1080x1001, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z4OhbzSFpnk
youtube.com/watch?v=pct1uEhAqBQ
mozilla.cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query
cloudflare.com/ssl/encrypted-sni/
zdnet.com/article/uk-isp-group-names-mozilla-internet-villain-for-supporting-dns-over-https/
warosu.org/g/thread/S71463860
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Desktop browser?

sounds like they're' just making sure not to leave any boomer money on the table.

Oi, that's right. Don't use Firefox. And don't encrypt your DNS.

Attached: 1562334651638.png (524x430, 303K)

"Non-profit organization"

So if I see ad I'm gonna get refund?

Why is offering a paid version bad?

can confirm, this user is right.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (400x474, 10K)

So it's basically $5/month to get an a free adblocker? Sign me up!

Imagine using trannyfox at any point in the past 10 years lmao

Thread ost: youtu.be/Z4OhbzSFpnk

>ad-free
You will still see ads, there's no doubt about it.

It says no ads on certain sites.

It's only for a hand full of mostly left leaning new outlets and a few tech sites. You will see many, many ads everywhere else.

>$5/month for something you can legally get for free with less effort
I'm not even upset, just impressed. What a fucking joke.

I think it includes an unlimited VPN as well.

we are doomed

Attached: honkhonk.jpg (710x520, 70K)

That's actually something of interest, but it will probably be shit.

>certain sites
I can get 100% guarantee ad free experience on all sites for no cost.

I know, I'm clarifying what the guy said tho.

It looks pretty cool. But I'll still use the free version.

Attached: 1560515038040.jpg (708x1001, 46K)

it's literally for news sites
just like paying a subscription to read news ad free

Proton VPN.

And access to paywalled sites.

How retarded are you idiots?
You guys literally just read a singular headline and throw everything away.

If you'd read one more sentence you idiots would realize it is made as a way for you to like hundreds of publishers at once without even interacting with them and all at once.

If you don't like the websites included/don't want to support them you simply don't use it very easy.

Is this why they killed Bypass Paywalls?

private window always works for me.

>a way for you to like hundreds of publishers at once without even interacting with them
So just throwing money away to support things you don't even use? Damn, you sure made me feel like a retard...

This.
Plus Unlock and about:config should do the same job.
Nice idea for normies though, hope they start taking this shit more seriously.

>it is made as a way for you to like hundreds of publishers at once without even interacting with them and all at once
..and they have like 12 participating sites at the moment. Fuck off firefox shill. Don't you have a gender reassignment surgery to prepare for?

you forgot to read the next line, faggot.
>If you don't like the websites included/don't want to support them you simply don't use it very easy.

>if you have common sense and don't want to waste money don't engage in this waste of money
>but if anyone else says they agree that it's a waste of money they're a retard
Holy shit you're like a modern day Plato, I can actually feel my brain expanding just by talking to you, please keep posting!

learn to put a donate button on your website. If i like what you do or benefited from it in any significant way i will send you a couple of bucks. and i have donated to a couple of websites before.

You got it wrong user, is this one
youtube.com/watch?v=pct1uEhAqBQ

Firefox is now Brave
Also
>6dieP
>die
Like pottery

That's not even a fake :

www.ispa.org.uk/ispa-announces-finalists-for-2019-internet-heroes-and-villains-trump-and-mozilla-lead-the-way-as-villain-nominees/

Attached: louise-bourgoin-medecin-dans-une-serie-canal_exact1900x908_l.jpg (1900x908, 149K)

Trump and Firefox orange. Me like orange.

In case someone wants to know how:
First, go to Firefox Options > General > Network Settings and check the box "Enable DNS over HTTPS".

In about:config, set the following:

network.trr.mode = 2
network.trr.uri = mozilla.cloudflare-dns.com/dns-query
network.trr.bootstrapAddress = 1.1.1.1
network.security.esni.enabled = true

Check your work by running all four tests at cloudflare.com/ssl/encrypted-sni/

t.ranny

Attached: mozila.png (828x812, 113K)

Why are they singling out firefox? Does google not implement dns-over-https? It's says that both google and mozilla were criticized.

zdnet.com/article/uk-isp-group-names-mozilla-internet-villain-for-supporting-dns-over-https/

Googles got behind the scenes shit going on with the Bribbish government.

Donate buttons don't do anything and there are plenty of journalism websites that try it like The Guardian. In reality those websites rely on ads because the world isn't made of unicorn farts.

Does it have any effect on latency?

I heard it's actually faster, but research it for yourself.

internet journalism is a joke though, why would I want to support it?

seems like it.

thank you user

You utter retards. You are paying the sites for content instead of seeing ads. It's sort of like the Brave model.

>It's sort of like the Brave model
Not really. The browser doesn't have crypto coin shit built in.

Do you know if Brave has features like this?

So it's still a useless waste of money and you're still desperately trying to get replies because for some reason you value the lowest form of human interaction.
How very sad.

>boomers
>ever giving a shit about ads plastered over a computer screen

So when does this go live

they'd have to pay me to read this garbage

Attached: .png (567x376, 35K)

Attached: .png (976x205, 10K)

>useless
Different user, but believe it or not some people would rather pay the content creators and not have to deal with potentially shady ads with trackers and malware and can slow down speed. Some people would actually allow ads if it weren't for these drawbacks because they actually want to support a site. Personlly, I just use ublock origin and umatrix but to each his own. Try understanding the world from other perspectives.

Attached: .png (1184x539, 33K)

they should get a real job and stop working for peanuts writing shit online articles. that way i won't have to read any of their useless drivel and they won't start. win win.

You are the retard, everyone understands this and is simply weighing whether or not an internet with that model is worth it.

What's the problem of having the choice of both? You don't have to pay. Just use uBO.

buzzfeed and those other sites deserve to have their management gassed. this $5 bullshit can fuck off lmao

>everyone understands this
Clearly they don't.

A question beside the point of the topic - should I switch to firefox? I'm on chromium now, and I have a toaster for a computer. I want to be able to share sessions between my phone and a laptop, and firefox seems to work better on my phone.

Firefox sync is good. And if you want to lower resources see pic related. There are other about:config tweaks that may help too. There are probably guides out there.

Attached: fx.png (1877x906, 104K)

Blame the journalist not the reader, the title is supposed to show critical informations regarding the article

He quoted me and you can tell damn well from my post that I understood what's going on perfectly.

>network.trr.bootstrapAddress
not necessary

Finally, a reasonable adblocking solution that doesn't break the bank

Nope, 99% of the problem with journalism is retards reading one line and then coming to conclusions. This is actually more harmful than intentional deception. Do not make excuses.

Send is a nice feature,too. It doesn't seem to get much press,though.

Grasping at straws while ignoring the obvious really takes the punch out of the whole "look at different perspectives" message, you know.

That's exactly what is wrong with journalism and why news canals are at the bottom of their self since ever

I swear, censored propaganda newspapers from '40 axis states used to be better and more informative than nowdays crap

user, I don't know how to dumb it down any further for you. Something tells me you're angry at something else.

Arguing through the use of cliched Reddit-speak, really takes the punch out of coming to Jow Forums,you know.

How much for just Jezebel and Slate

I wish Mozilla understood that ad-blocking isn't only about removing invasive trackers, or even only about removing annoyances. It's a vote to say "deprive companies that do these things of revenue, if enough people do hopefully we can drive them into bankruptcy". I want to see a web where all the big social-media companies (and most of the """news""" organizations) are out of business. Gone. Unreplaced.

Not the other guy but really, the point is to not """support""" """"""content creators"""""". I'd rather that they find it nearly impossible to get paid in any way, shape, or form, whether by ads or otherwise. The idea is that all the people who are creating content because they just inherently like doing it or because they really want whatever they're creating to exist, those people will stay. All the parasites that are just in it for a quick buck will leave, because they won't even be able to cover the price of a domain and a VPS, before they even put a price on their time.

>for peiple not profit
>FUCK CAPITALISM, NOW FORK OVER 5 OR WE AD UP UR ASS

Oh wow you're really showing me what's what. I can't believe you singlehandedly made this retarded idea into a brilliant one just by being obtuse. What amazing skill you have to destroy donation buttons across the web in favor of this.
Utterly astounding.

nice dubs and 100% agree with what you posted. Fuck the spammers, adshit, clickbait, mega webcorporations, """content creators""", all of it. I want all that shit gone and be back to web 1.0 or whatever like in the 90s when it was still good and people created shit and posted it purely because they fucking felt like it, not some greed and kikery.
Content was 10000000000% higher quality back then.

Believe it or not, some people don't agree with that sentiment. Again, I use ubo and umatrix and would not spend any money on these sites. But I also understand there are people who want to support them. And you are just REEEing because you don't want them to have another outlet to get paid.

A lot of words to say absolutely nothing of value.

>Blame the journalist
It's the editors.

Lern2code

yet

Sounds like a good service for normies who can't maintain a properly configured browser by themselves.

Attached: there was an attempt.jpg (280x272, 14K)

Try python next time, its built for literal retards.

Attached: 1347293139571.gif (300x187, 628K)

OOF

>demonstrated their ability to disable all your extensions (such as ad blockers)
>now they want money to block ads
lol

>advocating the cloudflare DNS server that actively censors the web
Jesus Christ

>paying to browse the web
The internet really is dying isn't it

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

they don't censor the web with their DNS resolver, at least they haven't yet.

except they do censor archive.is

Cloudflare isn't doing the censoring for the archive sites. archive.is returns garbage DNS results for people using 1.1.1.1 and instead of fixing it they tell people to change to 8.8.8.8. There's nothing Cloudflare can do about it - its on the Archive.is admins to fix their shit.

>Every single DNS in the planet can resolve archive.is
>Cloudflare can't
Sure, it's just a big conspiracy by archive.is to hurt cloudflare right?
Fuck off CIA nigger

warosu.org/g/thread/S71463860
archive.is is doing it on purpose

Sounds like it's a pretty easy fix for the archive.is admins then, just stop serving custom non-functional responses to 1.1.1.1 users.

run the tests yourself and you'll see.

Cloudflare isn't responsible for what archive.is returns, and the archive.is admins advocate for users to switch to the literal CIA's DNS.

you may have nice digits you luminous faggot but you're still full of shit
EVERY OTHER DNS IN THE WORLD WORKS
Cloudflare doesn't
don't blame the site, retard

go learn how DNS and CDNs work before you run your mouth, brainlet.

here I'll even spoon feed you:

>The archive.is owner has explained that he returns bad results to us because we don’t pass along the EDNS subnet information. This information leaks information about a requester’s IP and, in turn, sacrifices the privacy of users. This is especially problematic as we work to encrypt more DNS traffic since the request from Resolver to Authoritative DNS is typically unencrypted. We’re aware of real world examples where nationstate actors have monitored EDNS subnet information to track individuals, which was part of the motivation for the privacy and security policies of 1.1.1.1.

It comes with a VPN doe.