What's the deal with the sudden decline in quality of tech Youtube videos?

What's the deal with the sudden decline in quality of tech Youtube videos?

Attached: linus anal.jpg (800x716, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OWa3F4bKJsE
youtube.com/watch?v=UnURElCzGc0
youtube.com/watch?v=Bd8_vO5zrjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sudden
have you been just recently defrosted?

I still remember when he uploaded videos where the product was named in the title and the description wasn't bloated with 10 millions of social media trash and merchandise links

Watch better videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=OWa3F4bKJsE

Clickbait works, unfortunately.

I love you user

Stfu get out reddit u suscribe on youtube

It's not just tech, and it's not just YouTube.

Every internet business built around the advertising model has optimized (either intentionally or accidentally e.g. via A/B testing or "machine learning") for maximizing viewer "engagement".

As a result, the system rewards high volume, low quality clickbait over actual high quality content.

YouTube is especially bad because they keep inventing new rules and auto-takedowns to force every shred of actually interesting content off the site.

It's primarily because of advertisers and the rise of more and more people getting paid by them. YouTube should've never allowed literally anyone to make money on their platform.

Content creators get virtually nothing from youtube unless they advertise very specifically towards children.

They shouldn't get anything. Either strive off patreon or in video ads. Conflating views with amount earned is a stupid system.

There's some falsehood to this, user. A medium for the masses would get lots of views. Likewise, if someone makes a video that blows up and gets a hundred million views overnight, then it's stupid to claim that the person that made that video shouldn't be paid a good chunk of youtube's revenue.

But not every video is an overnight 10 billion view success. This isn't an argument of worthiness but an argument on how people game the system. More genuine content would be released if people didn't get paid to do it.

It doesn't matter if it's an outlier, making something like Gangnam Style and not getting paid for it is stupid.

And it's not an outlier. There's actually nothing wrong with seeking to get paid for your talents and that should absolutely have a place on any content creation site of any worth. It just needs to be kept down below clickbait levels which is actually recent thing on youtube.

Gonna be honest lads. I've been thinking about ditching my wired mouse for a while now and I was on the fence.
I've been using a 500hz mouse in between my switch but it wasn't quite cutting it so I was delighted when I saw LTT making a video showing how I could improve my wireless gaming mouse and make it better for cheaper. I've been a solid Q3A pro for a good chunk of my life and I like a real good hefty mouse.

I was fucking stoked because I love brick mice and my big problem with wireless mice is that they make them for gays who suffer from muscular dystrophy. I was expecting a top tier video and then it turns out it was a 6 or 8 minute video of some guy who doesn't game telling us about how he put a smaller and lighter battery in his mouse like dude I've been buying cameras that have old batteries for 10 fuckin' years so this is old news get me onto the next shit, get me onto the mods and the fast shit, maybe talk about some of 'dat new 1000hz polling rate shiet and stuff, or how to mod my perfect wired brick mouse into a super fast gayman mouse.
So the screen changed and this dude starts talking about 3d shells to make the mouse for preteen girls even lighter, but worse. Dude doesn't even try it out, just puts a AAA battery and some tinfoil in a cheap logishit mouse and tries to bait his friends.

I've never been so mad in my life, except for the time that I broke three of my ribs at once.
People who talk about mice on youtube are fucking weird people dude and if that's what they think about mice then I don't even want to know their opinion on whatever pleb normie tier tech they're reviewing next week.

I have a small YT channel and it makes $140 a month (it's even pre Taxed) and deposited into my bank account.
I have aprox 2500subs
But I have a god-tier view duration and all my videos are extremely well received.
I'm already doing these car repairs, might as well film it and edit it like a professional.

Attached: 1547064512715.jpg (1024x768, 149K)

That's it?

You have to develop an eye for detecting this shit. I'm pretty good at it by now, but every once in a while I get tricked. Click-bait is obvious. Still, I can detect trash within seconds of the host's first words, so there's that, too. Anyone speaking with that patented Youtube cadence, that pseudo-robot, droney, vocal fry, or Pajeet speak,get's skipped immediately.

The sudden rise in internet connectivity in India.

That's not bad for 2500subs man.
Its6 enough to pay for my car has/insurance for a month.
It gains $5 or so a month due to my videos being at the top of the search engine.

Yeah and that's not a lot. You're only making videos directly related to a real job you happen to have. If you were actually trying to promote your channel, the effort of filming, editing, promoting, with the investment of buying the camera/hardware/software to make those videos would mean you'd really only be profiting from your real job.

youtube.com/watch?v=UnURElCzGc0

A classic.

You can get paid. Ask for donations or put your own ads in the video. Instead of making shitty clickbait they actually have to do as advertisers please instead of having to censor themselves.

Attached: 1559513445078.jpg (662x552, 110K)

That guy sounds like his hymen is still intact.

This is why you will be poor forever.
You guys have no imagination, no patience.
I've broken ROI a long time ago.
Software is free.
$160 Used Canon EOS
$30 f1.4 lense.
$7 camera holder
$5 portable LED defuser light
That's all you need senpai.

All this work is already being preformed, might as well make passive income from it.
I've also made vidoes to help out guys in my Aerospace job.

Attached: Editing fam.jpg (2560x1920, 220K)

user did you know that click farms take less time than editing videos and produce more money?

What is actually important here is that you don't have a second job, you have a sideshow that you can't make a real job out of, and really the only reason anybody is paying attention to you in the first place is only because you are filming your real job.

This isn't what a content creator is as a career.

>Skinny fat millennial spotted.
See, this why you aren't successful at anything.
You really have an NPC mindset.
Pathetic man.
I bet you don't like investing time or money because you don't have the patience and want instant rewards.

Attached: 1540522706071.png (416x435, 114K)

it seems like that user is making content and some money and you aren't

No, I can just spot when something like "youtube content creator" is a dead end, especially vs the ecosystem it actually should be.

But you keep pretending you're some kind of working man's hero because, by your own description, you just kinda make videos for $140.

you sound like a jealous faggot.
WHAT passive income do you have?
if any?
I make money from 3-4 yr old videos.

Attached: stay poor.jpg (351x401, 12K)

I actually make money from Magic in the form of buying low and selling high. I get to use the cards in the meantime, which is the original reason I bought them, but make money from a hobby, at about the rate you do.

Here's a better question, where the fuck do you come off acting better than someone who doesn't have passive income? You have a not-job next to your job. It's stupid to be proud or pretend you're being truthfully industrious over $100/month.

Here's an idea, quit your job and go full time youtube content creator. If you're not willing to do this, then why are you disputing this ?

Believe it or not most content creators that are actually trying to create content for youtube struggle immensely to remain solvent, especially the past two years. Actually committing to youtube as a source of income is ridiculous and it shouldn't be.

Look at this video and gawk at how precise and difficult it is to produce something worth a large amount of views. This is the type of thing youtube should feature fullstop yet this guy's videos actually get demonetized:
youtube.com/watch?v=Bd8_vO5zrjo

>low and selling high
Nice LARPING gay boy.

Dunno what to tell you, bud, selling cards for $40 a year after you bought them for $25 is pretty easy money.

Everyone is just stressed out from all the ryzen/navi/super video production

>What's the deal with the sudden decline in quality of tech Youtube videos?
Literally Him.

whats the deal with people still watching youtube and videos on the internet in general in 2019?

Probably blocking criticism of companies as "hate speech".

We're devolving into nigger culture.
Before long you will also be entirely a consumption nigger whore, your entire purpose to consume as many things of all variety as you can, including cock, until you satuate what you thought was an endless hunger; and all your internal self is stretched so thin from constant penetration, that you are left but an empty shell - finally at peace, as conceptualisation of anything else is beyond you now.
Another life turned into the endless sea of rugs on which the protagonists walk upon, your final gasp for purpose on your deathbed.

Attached: 今井喬裕(Takahiro Imai)-www.kaifineart.com-1.jpg (845x1160, 662K)

im more concerned about this

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-07_184634.jpg (1284x1108, 297K)

anime and Japanese art is peak nigger culture, you mong