Why arent you using rugged smartphones Jow Forums?

Why arent you using rugged smartphones Jow Forums?

I literally throw mine full force into the floor when I'm angry and nothing happens meanwhile your gayphone cracks because you tapped on it too hard.

Attached: CrossCall-action-a3-3-4.jpg (760x760, 62K)

because im not a retard

Show me one that has lineageOS or support for some other non-Android OS. Doesn't matter if you can't replace the battery and it gets gimped

>paying hundreds of dollars for screen repair isn't retarded

>he's dumb enough to crack his screen

>Buy Xiaomi, cheap with high end specs,treat it like shit, still working, except few small scratches no other damages
>Get asked regularly which phone i got because it looks liek the non-retarded brother of the new iPhone
>Do yourself a favour and stop buying retardphones

I have never dropped any phone that I own. I have been using slippery, glass-backed phones for 9 years now. What I'm saying is, I'm better than you.

He has a point in all fairness. You take the damn thing with you everywhere when you aren't sleeping. It isn't about being dumb, things happen quickly and suddenly without any chance to think. You are a fool if you don't get that

I have cat s40 and its perfect. Physical button, phone headjack, water proof, sd card, 2 sims.

And its indestructible. My next phone will be s41 for sure: 5 (five) AMPERHOURS BATTERY!

But yes, downside is that all my normies friends and coworkers tried to tease me about my phone. It doesnt look like any modern phone. Its almost curiousity for bystanders.

Attached: mUfbBfn-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqeWq0Odl7YRxHNYM74_QBWnA8xr-zKH3Z1RAOd8qQAl8.jpg (1281x800, 99K)

i just use an otterbox like a normal person

Phones should contain no sensitive information because they should be disposed of every six months anyway. Why armor-plate your burner? The term burner is redundant, because all phones should be considered burners. Android phones can't even spoof their IMEI. Stores scan IMEI addresses and keep track of who comes and goes, and probably correlates that data with what was being bought while a certain IMEI was on the premises. That's what people who sell socks and bathrobes do with your smartphone fingerprint.
Google services constantly transmit data, Replicant only works on phones from 2012, and PostmarketOS hasn't quite figured out how to get phone calls to work yet. Smartphones are fucking stupid.

If you need a permanent means of being contact, get a landline, a dumbphone, or use the desktop version of Telegram.

I bought a rugged case for my non rugged phone, and its still less bulky than all the rugged phones I've seen

caseless 4 lyfe
do you have a plastic cover for your couch???

>I literally throw mine full force into the floor when I'm angry

Dude most of use don't have to budget extra to account for our immature raging. I've never had to even consider buying a rugged phone because I don't go full rampage on my own stuff over dumb shit.

Just because you are an autist with no self-control doesn't mean everyone else is.

Attached: Why Gamers rise up against society.jpg (640x640, 56K)

>You take the damn thing with you everywhere when you aren't sleeping.
If you do, you shouldn't. Treat it like a landline and leave it at home. Not only will you be tempted to use the thing less (and realize that a lot of what you were using it for isn't really necessary after all) but this is the only way to defend against certain privacy invasions, like stores tracking you via wi-fi probe packets, or your mobile provider tracking your location by tower triangulation.

They cost $100 more for what any phone + a $5 shock case + a $3 tempered glass protector do.

I'm not 90IQ animal with poor impulse control.

Are you fucking retarded? Gorilla glass durable as fuck.

>using anythingphone
what are you even doing here?

I don't even put screen protectors on mine. Never once broke a screen and I could count the (minor!) scratches across phones on one hand.

>buys $800+ sexy looking phone
>have to buy a bulky plastic case because its fragile as shit
>all sexiness is gone and shrouded in plastic

i miss my S7 active.

I have a s7 active

I like it but the charger is slowly dying. I could get a wireless charger but...

How do you connect to the net

Jow Forums doesn't use rugged phones because they're all basement NEETs who don't leave the house

or you could not be a retard and get a Sony XA2 and install Sailfish OS

No one who leaves the house uses a rugged phone except construcion workers and military

lg h700 masterrace here
not as good as a CAT phone but definitely rugged and didn't cost me over $100

I can get a new screen for ~$10. I can replace the phone for ~$100

If that were true, then rugged cases wouldn't be such a popular option for consumers.

rugged case != rugged phone

Expensive and hard to get.

Pic related, $2k

Attached: panasonic-toughbook-fz-t1-4.jpg (1200x900, 143K)

You need that fixed more than your phone

Usually cases like these deal with my issues because I'm not a retard and at best I could accidentally drop a phone but in the amount of time I've been using smartphones (let's say a decade) not one shattered screen or broken corner. I once got one of those buff black rubber cases and it was annoying to take it out of the fucking pocket and made the phone look ugly as fuck

Attached: nillkin_super_frosted_shield_matte_a50.jpg (800x800, 38K)

Because rugged smartphones have low specs and no userbase and barely any support from developers.
Why would you cripple yourself like that?

I'm not a gorilla that breaks my phones.

No LOS, shit specs, overpriced - the opposite of what I'm looking for when I'm buying a smartphone.

Well, I don't have anger management issues and I actually take care of my tech. I've never broken a single phone, I just upgrade every 3-4 years to keep up with current performance needs.