It's here!

It's here!

Attached: 1551845248301.png (201x250, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/diversity-inclusion/events/
cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/iso-dvd/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AppArmor
debian.org/News/2019/20190706
akari.osdn.jp/index.html.en
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dilate

>This new release of Debian comes with a lot more software than its predecessor; the distribution includes over 13,370 new packages, for a total of over 57,703 packages. Most of the software in the distribution has been updated. Debian again ships with several desktop applications and environments. Among others it now includes GNOME 3.30, KDE Plasma 5.14, LXDE 10, LXQt 0.14, MATE 1.20 and Xfce 4.12. With buster, Debian brings a mandatory access control framework enabled by default. New installations of Debian buster will have AppArmor installed and enabled.
based and redpilled

Maximum Comfy

Attached: debian_xfce_maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

wait so if i understood correctly, Debian updates every two years? i have been running arch for a month and i feel like it's distro hop time

What de

gnome comes with awyland by default, time to try out kde for once

Yeah I tried Wayland with my current distro fedora 30. It's complete shit unfortunately. Xorg is fine tho

Xfce of course

Have they fixed it being ugly as fuck and having retarded defaults that make you dig around random config files to get basic shit to work? What about how right click menus don't work right unless you wiggle your mouse on the option you want for like 10 seconds?

is that custom or the default now

Giygas?

Sounds like maybe a DE specific issue. I've never had those issues using xfce or kde

default xfce?

Why does it fucking matter? It takes one minute to make xfce or any other lightweight DE look how you want it to. Kill yourself you fucking subhuman animal.

be nice

Get reck'd faggut

Be nice

dilate tranny, I'm already on fedora

>Xfce 4.12
>Firefox 60.7
Well at least it doesn't have SELinux anymore.

Kill yourself.

get rekt subhuman idiot monkey nigger piece of shit

IT'S QUEER

docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/diversity-inclusion/events/

Not like Fedora is immune.

Personally I use Pop! OS and am already enjoying more updated software than in Debian's new stable, but I congratulate them nonetheless.

About damn time, been waiting to upgrade my server for months now!

>Pop!_OS
isn't it just reskinned ubuntu? or they provide newer packages themselves?

that is a bunch of outdated shit that is well hidden out of the main page which should be about technology and linux.
Debian features gay logos and tranny news on its mainpage.
Not that I care of course, but the bureaucracy of debian is what keeps me off.
Pop! OS is a fine distribution to be honest, they should stop being based on Ubuntu as some bugs have been taken from testing instead of ubuntu. I've saw an Ubuntu developer complaining about this lmao, because they fixed it before ubuntu.
I don't know if that's the standard but sounds pretty based.
Still debian packaging is shit and a clusterfuck

Makes you think...

use arch instead

their release cycle is based on stability instead of time, so it depends how long it takes for them to iron out all the bugs and security issues in the stable branch. only when its squeaky clean do they release it as a new stable build. it averages 2-3 years.

it depends how long it takes for them to iron out all the bugs and security issues in the testing branch*
typo

The former, although they can split anytime they wish to go Debian-style

I thought they were PULLING all support for x86?
So are old 32 bit shit boxes like my beater upper Dell Desktop I use for a jukebox / DVD player salvagable via Debbie?
Always dug Debian a bunch over other distros.
Please clear the rumor vs. available DL up for me.
Cheers.
cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/iso-dvd/

Attached: Say, Kid.jpg (487x530, 99K)

They provide a nice theme, Nvidia iso available with driver preinstalled, newer graphics drivers and some updated packages. But it's mostly Ubuntu (a plus, since it's easy to find guides for shit).

>it averages 2-3 years.
So they do nothing. I'm on a rolling release and get all of my shit immediately from upstream. Why wait? This security we're talking about, we're not ageing wine and cheese,here.

Ubuntu was going to drop x86, not Debian.

>I've saw an Ubuntu developer complaining about this lmao, because they fixed it before ubuntu.
I saw that ,too. I don't use PopOS, but I have seen numerous mentions of things they've fixed or contributed.They seem like they've got some very motivated and smart people working for them. Kind of makes Ubuntu look bad, considering the size of their work force.

Much Mahalo.
Pretty Stoked at that Info.
Jow Forums people RULE

weird. that looks like buzz lightyear's goatie

Attached: enhanced-buzz-orig-26964-1381158029-30.jpg (700x438, 82K)

buster is NOT a toy

Attached: 65c61ae8c37ef5264481a16fa6dc7103.jpg (266x228, 13K)

Neither is sid

>app armor
how much did canonical pay debian?
lmao, what a cucked distro now is downstream of ubuntu

maybe they were just smart enough to realize that SELinux is a fucking shitshow

what the fuck is "mandatory access control framework"?
what the fuck is "AppArmor"?
am i going to have to switch to gentoo?

Apparmor is a thing that limits what programs can do based on what they actually need to do, to minimize damage from compromised applications: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AppArmor
AppArmor *is* the access control framework: debian.org/News/2019/20190706

sounds like bloat.
switching to gentoo.

Basically a way to restrict what programs can do (especially, what files they can access) above and beyond what vanilla unix permissions allow. AppArmor is one of the two big ones, written by Canonical. It uses pathnames. The other one is SELinux, started by the NSA (who was for a long time basically the only organization interested in doing shit like this) and now in Red Hat's orbit. It uses a slightly different mechanism called labeling, instead of restricting access by filename and path. This is finer-grained, but harder to use.

Both of them can blow up in incredibly frustrating ways - a common symptom is that something fails for absolutely no apparent reason whatsoever, but works when you try to do it by hand. I once ran into this with OpenVPN on a Fedora system, which by default ships with SELinux enforcing. The key files for my VPN connection didn't have the magic SELinux labels and weren't in the specially anointed place where Fedora's stock SELinux policy said they should live, so the VPN connection just failed mysteriously.

Both of these can be disabled if you like. SELinux has a command you run (after which I think you must reboot), AppArmor, IIRC, you pass something on the kernel command line. No need to run Gentoo or even build your own kernel. (Gentoo supports both of them too, they're both upstream)

>to minimize damage from compromised applications
that's an important point to highlight: these are backup mechanisms. They're meant to limit the damage from a compromise once it's already occurred. Stop and consider for a moment whether that fits into your threat model and what security it actually buys you in the real world.

Of course, we all know that the MAC system we *should* have had is AKARI. daisuki~
akari.osdn.jp/index.html.en

Get used to it.

what in the mother-lord of living-hell are you speaking about

Bby boi can you give me a screenfetch?

For me it's AntiX
>Debian minus the autism
>SysV + ALSA because fuck Potterware
>based IceWM
>no bloat, just werks

Attached: fetch.jpg (510x268, 35K)

SELinux will always be superior to AppArmor, canonical employee.
You also must think snap is better than flatpak which adheres to freedesktop standards

so many buzzwords
plus, who are you quoting
horrible post, as expected of this board with brainwashed retards

install gentoo

The only thing superior about SELinux is how quickly users disable it. It might as well be malware given how shit it is.

No, I think that snaps and flatpaks (and appimages too while we're at it) are just plain bad ideas that are solving non-problems.

as for SELinux vs AppArmor I kinda question the value of MAC at all for most use cases.

I'd argue they're decent solutions for problems inherent to proprietary software, if you have to use it for whatever reason (e.g. corporate shit)

shit distro kill yourself tranny wannabe pseudointellectual

have sex

Is w3m image previews in ranger not working? How would i fix this?

Security patches exist.

just purge apparmor. Did it, works good.