Have you ever used a PC so long you got to replace the BIOS battery?

Attached: 1434407288114.png (500x400, 4K)

Yeah, was an old K7, the battery actually died kind of early after two or three years.

I had to replace the batteries on my snes carts does that count

Yeah. The LGA1366 machine I built in 2010 needed a new battery a week ago.

FUCK you're right.
Another place where damn fucking batteries might leak and fuck shit up

Attached: 1559536925049.jpg (468x447, 20K)

Yes, my current rig is 11 yo.

Ha, who the fuck uses PC's? Laptops are the new powerhouse. I suggest you go out and get one right now

>Second gen pokemon batteries
RIP in Peace.

Attached: Maths.jpg (251x189, 5K)

Replaced one yesterday in a Sandy i7 z77 rig.
Ddr3 was locked at 1333mhz for some reason.
Will only run 1866mhz vs 2133 like before.

Attached: Pc batt.jpg (2560x1920, 354K)

oof

i used to wonder why my ALL STARS games stopped saving when i was 7 years old. maybe this is why

Either that your you spilled something all over SNES/carts.

I have an Compaq laptop I used to use to interface with PLC controllers that used serial and parellel connectors. Ive had to replace the CMOS battery 3 times. It finally died recently.

Is that why one of my shitboxes started throwing a bios corruption error

Attached: 1560338869767.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Does the battery not recharge when the PC is running? What kinda fucking design is that?

Usually as long as the psu has constant power you don't "need" the cmos battery.

but i have an old laptop with a dead cmos battery
now i have to set back the date and time on bios or else it will go back to 2008

If you use the pc you are not using the battery.
They are only used when there is no power running to the mobo.

It does. I recharge my old batteries, which I use in random kitchen appliances etc. Not sure what these retards are even talking about.

yes, I had to cut a hole underneath my asus laptop to replace the bios battery once

yes, twice on same PC
was my first PC if not counting my eternal love Amiga

I did have to replace the CMOS battery once on my desktop, after around 7 years since I built it, does that cont?

even without bios the pc update correct time from internet so no needful of battery anymore