After 25 Months, Debian 10 'buster' Released

debian.org/News/2019/20190706

In this release, GNOME defaults to

>using the Wayland display server instead of Xorg.

Wayland has a simpler and more modern design, which has advantages for security.

However, the Xorg display server is still installed by default and the default display manager allows users to choose Xorg as the display server for their next session.

Thanks to the Reproducible Builds project, over 91% of the source packages included in Debian 10 will build bit-for-bit identical binary packages.

For those in security-sensitive environments AppArmor, a mandatory access control framework for restricting programs' capabilities, is installed and enabled by default.

Furthermore, all methods provided by APT (except cdrom, gpgv, and rsh) can optionally make use of "seccomp-BPF" sandboxing. The https method for APT is included in the apt package and does not need to be installed separately... Secure Boot support is included in this release for amd64, i386 and arm64 architectures and should work out of the box on most Secure Boot-enabled machines.

The announcement touts Debian's "traditional wide architecture support," arguing that it shows Debian "once again stays true to its goal of being the universal operating system." It ships with several desktop applications and environments, including the following:

Cinnamon 3.8
GNOME 3.30
KDE Plasma 5.14
LXDE 0.99.2
LXQt 0.14
MATE 1.20
Xfce 4.12

"If you simply want to try Debian 10 'buster' without installing it, you can use one of the available live images which load and run the complete operating system in a read-only state via your computer's memory... Should you enjoy the operating system you have the option of installing from the live image onto your computer's hard disk."

Attached: feminists.jpg (422x336, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi
cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>SystemD is a backdoor because of its huge number of lines of code
>Wayland is a backdoor even though it has fewer lines of code than X
Pick one.

Neither. Both are great software

I'd bust her release, if you understand what I mean.

>try out Debian
>wifi never works

Every time.

Werks on my machine. Which chip?

>using non free hardware

wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi

do this

use usb tethering for install, then install the non-free drivers afterwards

wifi atheros it's protip

>muh wifi
every fucking thread

cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/

Maybe if Debian weren't so Stallman-esque and didn't try to actively hide or discourage the non-free iso installs on their website, less people would have the problem

Why would I use it over CentOS

or just don't be a dipshit it's the first hit searching "debian firmware"

why would I use it over ubuntu

Debian is for people who use 10 year old ThinkPads to complain about RGB lighted desktops.

Nobody cares about Debian anymore.

Sounds good, except for this shit about display server.
Who needs that?

i find her disgusting, borderline repulsive, yet i really want to fuck her real hard and cum inside her.
gnu/linux distro for this feel?

Attached: 1525997798701.gif (195x229, 1.29M)

Install Gentoo.

If they switch to a rolling release be it 3 months or 6 months rather than daily and they ad proper community managed packages i would switch back to Debian.
Debian Stable, is to stable, packages get old very quickly and then you start mixing version from upstream making it a bit unstable. Also i don't think rolling testing is something you should do.

for me its worse. my ethernet will not work.

Gentoo.

arch, obviously.

Christ. You have to have internet to do that. So because of their freedumbs they aren't going to support every wifi adapter out of the box. Debian is pants on head.

I'd "trigger" her if you know what I mean.

Attached: 1554044182571.gif (300x356, 46K)

Man of culture.
I also get intense satisfaction from tormenting spiders.

lol whatever. I don't care about my emacs bootloader

>he fell for the realtek "RTL8111 works guys, I swear" meme!

LOL
Get a AMD board with Intel or Qualcomm NIC next time.
Realtek doesn't give source for firmware blobs and you have to run them as kernel modules.

Shady distros like ubuntard install them by default so tards think RTL is fine so they suggest it to their gaymer pals.

It will work with atheros or intel wifi or NIC chips.

My tower is AMD but It has intel wireless m.2 and a intel ethernet NIC so I can use both without any kernel modules.

Therefore don't buy cheap shit or get a intel mobo.

PS: Like others have said usb tethering has working since the past 4 debian releases.

Android uses the linux usb gadget mode and USB ethernet emulator which makes it compatible with any distro without drivers required.
networkmanager will think it's a USB to ethernet adapter and foward it through.

I'm a literal retard, why should I care to upgrade?

no rolling, no fixed.. you know? Use slackware maybe :]

you get newer packages while staying on a stable os.

Attached: blue.png (860x1550, 643K)

your "pick one" doesnt work since neither of the options are mutually exclusive, nor can they be.
a) You
b) Intelligent person
pick one

now thats how you do a pick one

do you mean you would blow her backdoors in?

Or you should direct the blame where it truly belongs, your hardware vendor.

Pretty awesome release
>Wayland
>AppArmor
Oh hell yeah

so many fucking idiots on distrowatch. of course your fucking proprietary wifi doesn't work since debian is 100% free by default. based atheros boys don't have this issue

First, it's false equivalency. While it's easier to hide a backdoor in a bigger project, you can put one into smaller thing too.
Second, even outside of possible backdoor SystemD is an unnecessary bloat, while Wayland is simply a piece of shit that might or might not be ready for proper usage in a few years.
That isn't to say that X isn't outdated, bloated and shouldn't be replaced with something better. It's just there isn't anything better at the moment.

I want to skullfuck Big Red

A nigger is you

Nice. I will wait six months and then install it.

Attached: 82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD(1).jpg (400x400, 88K)

Use the non-free netinst iso, moron.

Attached: images(3).jpg (199x253, 12K)

>using the Wayland display server instead of Xorg.
Disabled shitland right after upgrade.

>AppArmor
Disabled.