My SD card stopped working

So, my SD card started malfunctioning where it could read data, but couldnt write it to the card.

tried formatting it, no luck
tried various app tools to correct it, no luck

I ran a powerful magnet across it and now PC doesnt even detect the card.

Is it kaput?

Attached: micro SD.jpg (350x350, 18K)

>talking about SD
>posting microSD
wow

bump for trump

MmicroSDGA

1. This is bait
2. It's flash. Limited write capacity
3. I'm a dumbass for responding

sorry, I didnt notice untill I made the thread, it's actually a micro SD.

Yes, it becomes read only when it enters the fail state so you can copy off your data.

install gentoo

no, youre a retard for not giving me a correct answer, the card had 1 year of use in my phone, my other cards still work after 4 years.

SD cards are shit mate. You will be fucked if you rely on them.

Get the endurance ones. Also newer SD card use QLC which has even lower write cycles. But it has higher capacity so general masses buy them up.

damn, I didnt know theyre so unreliable.

>I ran a powerful magnet across it and now PC doesnt even detect the card.
Just snap it in half.

ACTUALLY ON-TOPIC

who else has had those mSD -> SD adapter cards fail ?? two are in the bin and im down to my last one ... fucking POS

Attached: 1530927028828.gif (309x313, 2.91M)

Fucking kek, you're an idiot.

sorry

Attached: peel pepe.gif (442x473, 590K)

try fsck and ddrescure

I hope I helped. Linux user

>enters the fail state so you can copy off your data.
this OP
few months ago my 200gb card shitted itself like this.
Its ireversible

So these cards are like RW discs? they eventually will reach a write limit?

Contact manufacturer. Most cards have long warranty

All NAND Flash memory is like this. Aprox numbers:
- SLC = 10,000 write-erase cycles
- MLC = 1000 write-erase cycles
- TLC = 100 write-erase cycles
- QLC = 10 write-erase cycles.

It's not about how old it is but how much it's being used. There must've been something on your phone that was literally raping your card with writes

Never. They're just bridging the connections from the SD contacts to the micro SD contacts anyway. Nothing really going on in them.

This is actually a SanDisk mode of the controller.

They have done this for over 7 years now before anyone else.

When lots of cell failure is detected at a catastrophic level the controller will halt all action and shut down writing capabilities to prevent furthur damage.
This works to signal you that the card is on it's last legs so that you have time to do a copy to another drive.

This has saved me lots of times over the years because previously when I used kingston or samsung SD cards they would just die without any warning.

Now the thing is if you happen to reboot a couple times assuming it's just a error after it goes into read only mode it might not recover because they use the lost directory to load anything else into working memory.

I'm not sure if any other OEMs now include this in their controllers but it was a godsend to me during android KK days.

Basically OP...
BACKUP WHILE U STILL HAVE THE CHANCE PLEB!

Don't even remove the flash from you phone just connect your phone to your PC and copy it all over.
If you can't access it as a removable storage device then use adb (android debug bridge) or gsconnect/kdeconnect on linux.

Keep it powered on till you back it up.

Also if it's still in the 3 year warranty hit that up.

And yet the top2 are becoming harder and harder to obtain, with the top being damn near impossible from years ago

>I ran a powerful magnet across it

Why would you do that?
It's not magnetic storage you know?

>sandisk
Found your problem. Buy kingston or samsung

We aren't your tech support hotline.