Life improving tech

Mmmm, clean air

What tech makes life better in this dystopian nightmare?

Attached: IMG-20190707-WA0006.jpg (4000x2000, 873K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coefficient_of_performance
ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19930073077.pdf
youtu.be/kH5APw_SLUU
smile.amazon.com/dp/B07MJL9DW9/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_7jOiDbF29NYBV
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24282867
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the sun

Sun lamps! Brilliant idea!

no
go outside

>clean air
Good. Now clean your room.

>clean
>implying the carbon based filters aren't carcinogenic

lamo

Snake plant. Found by NASA to be one of the most effective plants for cleaning the atmosphere inside a closed space. Extremely easy to care for, requires only partial sunlight and watering only once every two weeks (too much water will make it rot).

Attached: 81ZTxjet2cL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 16K)

I have one of them, doesn't do shit...

It's a plant user, not a dog. It sits there and generates oxygen. It's not gonna play fetch with you.

>Snake plant
ebin
in finnish that plant is called "anopinkieli" [mother-in-law's tongue]

I used to use my computer to cope with being a loser, escapism, so I would have named my PC. Now everywhere I look everyone is doing the same, I'm not sure anymore.

It's been proven that box fans with a normal filter work better than these premade air filtrations systems

What's a good guide to make one?

There's no guide, you literally just get a box fan, a matching filter, and just tape it up along the edges on the intake side.

Most box fans are 20x20, so I got one of Home Depot's 20x20x1 Honeywell filters, with the highest filtration level for mold, dust, pet hair, biological particulates, etc. and just taped it to the fan. Helps with my allergies

Elicited an audible chuckle from me. Good job.

this is the hard hitting news i come to this mongolian basket weaving fourm for.

After a few youtube videos im off to target. Thanks user-kun

Non closed environment. They don't clean enough since it's an open air loop. The best is also the florist's chrysanthemum.

God damn user that’s an great idea.

Longer time ago some user postet a link to a maker project for the simple solution which was linked to an air quality monitor..
Does anybody has the link.

Thanks in advance...

Snake oil.

Was in the market for one, tests proved air quality barely changes.

Hmm.
My friend own one and is telling me that he dont has to clean the dust as often as before..?!?

i would love one of these ones, i just have a cheap desktop hepa filter one though

Yup.

Two $15 box fans from Amazon or Dollar General.

Two $20 20" square filters from Amazon.

???

Clean air.

I have a thing which gets the air from the street when CO2 is above the threshold, filters it and heats if necessary.
It's nice, especially in winter.

This helped with my pollen allergy a lot

Attached: P90707-180901.jpg (3024x4032, 3.36M)

Central air with proper venting and house insulation, dehumidifiers, roombas, remote use media software, torrent downloading, and global communication

Attached: 1556386987570.jpg (274x275, 25K)

Do these actually do anything? My apartment has an odd, not necessarily foul or bad odor that I can even taste. Should I get one of these things?

you should fucking clean it, mother fucker

screws and nails

oh you mean an aspidistra

It is clean, there is no trash or anything. It even smelled like this when I first moved in. I think it may be some sort of carpet cleaner or oven cleaner.

Mini splits.
I don't know how I lived before without one. Cheap heat in winter, without any dangerous gas heaters, and cooling during summer. 10/10 recommended.

Attached: tcl-1-5-ton-split-ac-500x500.jpg (500x500, 24K)

first step is to identify where the smell comes from, then according to the nature of the chemical you might act specifically to remove it, ask your landlord what the fuck did they clean the house with because there is a smell you can taste, I don't think that's healthy

onahole + vr

>Cheap heat in winter, without any dangerous gas heaters

Isn't electricity several times more expensive per unit of energy than gas?

Electrique scooter.
If you're poor (or have no driving loicense) - you use it to get into subway, no walking required.
If you're rich (or have car and driving loicense) - you can use it to drive to your car, and part it for free.

Attached: 1555977363036.jpg (1944x2592, 897K)

In my shithole, gas heating costs nearly as much as heat-pump heating (2600W of heat for 750W of electricity).
But what about prices in US? How much does 1m^3 of gas cost and how much does 1 kW-h of electricity cost?

I doubt even that makes any significant difference.

Anything it removes from the air has to end up in the filter.
So if it made a real difference you'd be swapping filters twice a day or so.
But I'll bet it takes months to collect any visible amount of dirt from the air.

Also called "Langue de belle-mère" (mother-in-law's tongue) in french.

I live in the Netherlands.
Gas is cheap, but extracting it is causing earthquakes.
So now the government wants everybody to switch from gas heating to electric heat pumps, but that will be hugely expensive.

>he doesn't realize that carbon is God's chosen element

>but extracting it is causing earthquakes.
Bomb earthquakes?
Anyway, how much does gas and electricity cost in your country?
>So now the government wants everybody to switch from gas heating to electric heat pumps, but that will be hugely expensive.
Heat pumps (air conditioners) themselves are quite expensive.
But do they subsidize it somehow?

>dystopian nightmare
>wifi connected appliance that can only be operated using a mobile app

Attached: 1489528245361.png (300x300, 108K)

>all while your IoT devices record your health and send it to insurance companies that will not give you insurance and potential employer who will no longer hire you

Attached: you.jpg (1024x943, 440K)

Looks like you have 18 cents for 1 kW of electricity, and 6.5 cents for 1 kW of gas (based europoors measuring gas in kW, not m^3 or kg).
This means that you would need heat pump with COP of at least 2,7.
Chinkest AC has COP of 3.4, so it should be a lil' bit cheaper. If you ignore AC price and installation fee, obv.

>If you're rich (or have car and driving loicense) - you can use it to drive to your car, and part it for free.

lol I do this. I park far away and scoot my way to work. Fuck paying $150 a month for parking.

that thing is loud, get the winix one instead

>Isn't electricity several times more expensive per unit of energy than gas?
4-5 times more expensive here

Wouldn't that value get worse in winter, when it's freezing outside and you need heating the most?

It shouldn't go that low.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coefficient_of_performance
>In Europe, the standard tests for ground source heat pump units use 35 °C (95 °F) for Thot and 0 °C (32 °F) for Tcold
Looks like they measure COP at 0C outside.

Typical AC is rated to -15C, so I guess they mean that they stop being useful at temps lower.

My box fan on high draws so much power that my external drives stop working; flyover America is 2nd World-tier

But where do you park your scooter?

>remote use media software, torrent downloading, and global communication
Examples?

I put a rescue blanket in my window during the last heat wave and now the window lock/gearing is busted on the right side lmao

Hope i can get it fixed up before fall

your lungs?

>inb4 walled corpse

AC/furnace filters are made to be used for 3 months in central ducting systems for large family homes you tard.

>collecting micron sized particluate matter

>REEE ITS BEEN 12 HOURS WHY CANT I SEE ANY DUST

You don't park it, since it is small.
If really needed - bike parking.

We use one of these, as well as a tiny old motorcycle to get around a small airport I sometimes work at.

>carrying a scooter all the time

Eh I will just walk

proven by who exactly

>Airport
Should try this one.
I guess it would be cool to ride there.
It is only 10 kilo.
As I said, you can park it on bike park rack if you need.

Attached: 1555890784760.png (500x778, 55K)

My computer already pulls all the dirt from the air.

I have a window air conditioner. I thought about getting one of these little air cleaner things for my allergies. But then I realized for about $10 I could get sheets of filter material that trap dust and pollen, cut them to size, and tape them onto the air conditioner's existing static grid filter.

it measurably cleans out VOCs produced by your computer and other household goods.

By measurably I mean it has been tested by Nasa, which is why that person referenced nasa.

Filters formaldehyde, benzene, etc. These VOCs impact your health, from your reproductive health to your lung health.

ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19930073077.pdf

actually having a box fan and one of those AC units works best

its formaldehyde keeping a corpse from rotting

what tests?
i have air cleaner and it removes almost all particle pollutants in 15minutes.
i measure the amount of airborne particles by standalone counter so it's pretty objective results.

true but this is much more aesthetic and practical.
however, i have one and it doesn't help me with my allergies and asthma, at least i don't see the obvious connection with clean air and allergies, it seems like there's something else in the air beside particulate matter, or i react to even the smallest amounts of pollen which would always be around after opening windows to circulate air.

>put shitty duct taped fans all over your house

>mfw now considering buying more technology I don't need

so these give you cancer in the long term, right?

Attached: 1558024911618.jpg (1280x720, 252K)

>so these give you cancer in the long term, right?
only by price

It's less practical if you like your air cooled.

one of these.
electric bidet seat.
i dont have this specific brand/model but these are great!

Attached: white-smartbidet-bidet-seats-sb-1000we-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 44K)

Dragon dildoes.

Don't do this it makes mustard gas.

Attached: idiot on this particular subject.jpg (996x720, 98K)

Is that an electric scooter or a scooter bomb?

Batteries? Check.
Wires? Check.
Electronic looking bits? Check.
LEDs? Check.
Thats a bomb, mate.

I knew it. Call the cops.

Attached: hell.png (500x501, 241K)

Islam tuned electric scooter.
>LEDs
That is reflective stuff.
So it is not a bomb, sir.
Cool story. Cops give zero fuck about it, because I drive fast, nobody can see the wire.

Attached: ssoot.jpg (2560x1536, 1.13M)

this shit changed my life, built one about 2 years ago. Cheap and effective. Kind of loud (fan dependent) but if you use good filters (like MIRV 13 or FPR10), they clean everything including odors.
by a guy in a labcoat and a cool tool
youtu.be/kH5APw_SLUU
Water Flossers. That shit improved my life significantly.
smile.amazon.com/dp/B07MJL9DW9/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_7jOiDbF29NYBV

Attached: Water Flosser.jpg (1500x1500, 144K)

oh shit, Zishan?

OP asked "what tech makes this nightmare live better", not "what tech makes this nightmare live possible". If he wanted to know the reason for his daily sufferings he would have gone to facebook.

Fucking sun faggots, your sun deserves to be blown up for enabling this hellish live.

Attached: images (2).jpg (300x168, 9K)

>because I drive fast, nobody can see the wire.
Pic is OP.

Attached: sanic_gota_go_fas.png (870x870, 19K)

No, I don't use MacBooks.

Here is control panel. It used to have speedometer with Bluetooth botnet, and one button to switch power modes, light, and controller.
Now it has two switches (which I tried to paint black). One turns on the scooter, second turns on the light.
It is so much better, no more guessing if light is on, since you can tell by touch.

Attached: 1562258528720.jpg (1536x2560, 1.35M)

They don't work better, because filters can only filter so much. They do work just as well while being a bit cheaper, so long as you use a filter that provides similar filtration as true HEPA.
They look like shit though.

>No, I don't use MacBooks.
lol, fair enough. Some reason I thought it was zishan making these posts in scooter thread in the other board.

proof?

Tech is the cause of dystopia. Asceticism is the only escape.

Only in California

Thanks, I just ordered that water flosser. Any more details about it?

Attached: black lung.jpg (496x303, 30K)

They do a great job at fighting plaque. Use before brushing just like you would with flossing but it's faster and more effective. I use it after every meal. Unless you have sensitive gums, it's difficult to over do. That one in particular holds a long battery life, I charge it like once every few weeks. If you have bad teeth like me with countless periodontal pockets, it's beyond life changing. No more toothpicking and wire flossing along with significantly less plaque. Pair it with Colgate Total and your teeth will thank you.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24282867

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

Kek.
People don't give a fuck, really. They see some fat looser and that is it.

Is it much better than manual flossing?

wtf, into the trash it goes.

Well shit, I already have a box fan in my closet.
Will try this tomorrow.

based