AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

techpowerup.com/257150/amd-radeon-rx-5700-navi-graphics-cards-lack-crossfire-support

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: Su.jpg (645x803, 104K)

Who the fuck still uses SLI/Crossfires on consumer cards in 2019?

>SLI/Crossfires DOESN'T MATTER!11
Cute cope, AMDrone.

who the fuck crossfires anymore?

She cute

who is that tranny?

No one uses SLI/Crossfire. No one should use it.

Do you want to sli a 2060?

Jensen's niece, has some kind of computer job

>Jensen
Who

>niece
It's been denied by both on more than one occasion. Not sure why this bs Jow Forums meme continues to persist

Don't you?

Which DX9/10/11/OpenGL games actually require two Rx 5700s to run?

>dual-gpu setups in 2019

Attached: 1553272124934.jpg (300x300, 64K)

No, because half of the games on the market either don't scale with 2 gpus, don't use 2 gpus at all, or crash attempting to use 2 gpus

It really doesn't. In many games it's detrimental. In most games you only get a small fraction of a performance increase. It's not worth it when you could buy something better for 2x the price.

Why did Crossfire/SLI die?

Seems like a great upgrade path: buy a new card now, then in a couple years buy another for then reduced price and SLI them.

The requirement on dev support is high. I was expecting a resurgence with the move to commercial game engines being common even in AAA studios. Didn't happen.
Since most people don't run crossfire/sli (especially among budget people) it doesn't make sense to aim for that.
And targeting two low end cards is much much harder than targeting one sort of ok card.

Shouldn't this be a non-issue with 3D APIs supporting it properly (DirectX. Vulkan, etc.) Shouldn't it be abstracted away from the game developers POV?

Dx12, vulkan actually made it harder for devs as they dont have any out of box support for multi gpu, has to be custom written by devs

Especially not with (relatively) low level apis like vulkan/dx12. We expect the opposite. More requirement on dev support. Dx9 and ogl 3 was where we could have expected it to work.
I never did any checkerboarding so I don't know how it was implemented but since games had such variety in supporting it its obviously not trivial.
As I said. When you have a fixed renderer like you get with commercial engines you could see it work since they're doing the work for many games. But it hasn't.

Even if it was solved that way game devs are usually not looking towards higher and higher level api for the really taxing AAA games. That's very clear now.

>support for multiGPU was up to developers
>not many people had more than 1 GPU in their PC
>when supported, things like microstutters and/or visual glitches occurred
>twice the GPU power didn't mean twice the performance gain, even if the CPU etc could handle it

Laziness. No one bothers optimizing now

>nobody bothers optimizing now
If you take that view then you should absolutely hate sli/crossfire.
It's an attention hog.

I have a 1080ti SLI config and a 4k monitor. All it does is help my e-peen on Jow Forums. In doesn't work in 85% of games and in the other 15% it doesn't even matter, since one is enough. The only exceptions that I've seen to this rule are Witcher 3 and maybe Destiny 2.

nobody uses crossfire or sli anymore shill
many games dont even support it

>dual-gpu setups ever
They were literally always more trouble than they were worth, and exclusively for retards with too much money to burn.

Attached: dumb asshole in a box.png (487x560, 225K)

Huh? Were you planning on buying two of these?

Nah, everyone will buy an Nvidia card but they want AMD to help bring the prices down

>crossfire
Is this 2008?

>dual-gpu setups
Housefire Premium