Get in here bros

>STILL BASED AND UNDEFEATED

Attached: Intel-Core-i7-4770K-SR147-3-5GHz.jpg_300x300.jpg (300x300, 36K)

Is this the official poorfag cope thread?

Does it overclock well? I only have a 4770.

>4770k
lol all your threads were disabled

But 3700x matches 8700k in games. It only loses against 9-series.

4690k @ 4.3 reporting

And I'm shilling out for a 3700X today :^)

Attached: Free-Shipping-intel-i7-4790K-i7-4790K-4-0GHz-8MB-4-cores-Socket-1150-5-GT.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x597, 117K)

I just bought an i7 4770TE for 20 bucks on ebay, did I fuckup?

no thats pretty good

>Costa Rica
Malaysia makes the est chips.

I still have a 4690k, should I make the jump to the new ayyymd ryzen 2? to be honest I still feel like I could still use it for another year or 2, I donĀ“t play multiplayer games nor do I stream.

Why is there a CPU factory in Costa Rica anyway? Seems kind of random to build one there

7820X master race here. 8C, 16T and easy overclock to 5.0 GHz. All for just $449.

hahahhahaha nice threads you have there wait oh no bro what happened to your threads hahahhahahHAHAHAH NO WAIT DON'T TELL ME HE PAID FOR HYPERTHREADING OHNONONONO HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

have sex

Probably government incentives.. it's also a fairly central point between US, EU, and Eastasia.

Side note, I've actually driven by that factory when I was on vacation and saw where my (then recently-purchased) 4770K was made, lol.

you answered the question, just wait for the current prices to drop then after the new consoles arrive

HE LITERALLY PAID EXTRA FOR THREADS TO BE DISABLED LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OHNONONONONOONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRO HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1560602256369.png (609x498, 227K)

what's this meme?

This cpu has lasted me 6 years and it replaced a q6600 that lasted just as long.

step aside.

Attached: cpu.png (407x409, 36K)

4670k 4.3Ghz cuck here, going with a 3700x but i'm waiting, maybe price will go down a bit

You are exactly the customer Intel counts on.

NOTHING IS WRONG CONSUMER DON'T THINK DON'T QUESTION DON'T INFORM YOURSELF JUST KEEP BUYING INTEL BUY INTEL DON'T QUESTION ONLY BUY INTEL SAY IT WITH ME

BUY INTEL!
BUY INTEL!
BUY INTEL!

Replaced my 2600 with a 4700 i got for free from work. Not bad.

I have a 4770K and I definitely have hyperthreading because I have CPUs 0 to 7. The only thing I found on this is some old forum threads where apparently somebody at Intel accidentally listed 4 threads for the 4770K on their product page.

go back to your amd shill thread

I don't think you know what hyperthreading is.

1st gen i7 860 @ 3.9 reporting in

yes well... hmm.. true... but... oh shit a security update THANKS FOR THE EXTRA CASH THOUGH :^)

Have one that OCs to 4.3Ghz - 4.6Ghz depending on the type of load.
Then bought a 9900K, can't really notice a difference unless I'm trying to highlight it or playing Black Ops 4

All's good as long as it lets me run Windows 7.

>4
>2019
no

Attached: Incel cope.jpg (500x460, 39K)

Kind of wondering what kind of security flaws are going to be found on Zen with Lisa Su as CEO... The Chicoms propped the company up from almost certain bankruptcy.

Probably gonna take a few years, some intel holes took over 20 years to surface.

Joke's on you. Haswell is so old they don't even bother supporting it with patches.

>4770S
>DELEET from most modern benchmarks
>When not it's toe-to-toe with Poozen 7 and 8700K
>65W
>No GPU bottleneck on 1080
>2013
Fuck bros I wonder if I'll EVER have to upgrade?

Attached: 1446187478181.jpg (570x574, 40K)

Think Super Micro scandal.
I have a 4770S in an old Dell all in one that I was thinking about cannibalizing because the monitor is going to shit. But finding a cheap 1150 board in the states is a pain.

2500K Master Race reporting in.

>delid CPU
>"based"

4790k master race reporting in, bought in spring 2015 still going strong

KEK.

3770k bro reporting in. 7 years in and still going strong.

Seems like it.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, I've got a 4790K at 4.7GHz and it can't even maintain 60FPS in more challenging games like Far Cry 5. Things like Total War can easily rape it down to 30FPS or even below in very large battles, though I don't think a CPU exists which can maintain 60+ FPS at all times in TWWH2. Persona 5 in RPCS3 drops to under 20FPS, or at least it did last time I tried it a few months ago.

This was a very good CPU, it held out with top performance for a long time and it's still decent even now, but it's clearly showing its age and can't really provide said top performance anymore. I'm probably going to upgrade to a 3900X now that they're a thing.

>When not it's toe-to-toe with Poozen 7 and 8700K

its definitely worse than a 8700k

5775C here. OC to 4.3. Can even get it to 4.4, but I'm not sure if my cheap mobo would like it.
Will probably use it for 5 more years (I only care about pro audio and a bit of vidya).
Also Iris Pro 6200 is pretty comfy for older games.
>Persona 5 in RPCS3 drops to under 20FPS, or at least it did last time I tried it a few months ago.
If you don't mind getting your hands dirty, you can downgrade BIOS and enable TSX. It should improve FPS nicely that way.

Attached: INTEL-Core-i7-5775C-Processor-2099172245.jpg (500x500, 46K)

I knew the possibility existed, but I guess I'd have to mod my own BIOS and it doesn't seem to be worth the trouble (my OC may not even remain stable with an older BIOS, who knows what else changed?). The CPU is showing its age in other tasks as well, I feel like it had a fine run and I'm fine with upgrading.

Still running boys

Attached: Untitled22.jpg (434x345, 34K)

It does if you delid it first.

I have a 4770 and IMHO it's better because the K version doesn't have VT-d

top-tier CPU, the best of the quad core era

Yeah, that was my thinking. Just wondering if an OC'd 4770k is competitive with modern i7s.

> be me, 18, very difficult to get a (((actual))) job since my parents fucked my name up, so the birth certificate is different from social security, so can't really use either.

> still rocks an i7 870, non OC'd (2.9 GHz with 3.4 Boost) 16 GB RAM, RX 480, feels perfectly fine on almost every game, except Battlefield 1, and some other games. Got the desktop for around $180 a year back. (Got it originally with a GTX 760 for $80, came with an SSD, few hard drives, everything I needed. It was a great deal, especially since it was my friends and he just had it inside of his closet.)

I don't understand why everyone is saying their $500 CPU is better than another one. Like Christ, they're companies. they don't care for you or your thoughts. someone who wanted to buy the CPU's were probably going to buy them anyways. Especially if you're a based GNU/Linux user, and someone who has shit to do other than play video games all day.

The majority of gamers don't need a $500 CPU, games are poorly coded, and don't utilize CPU's to their fullest potential.

For gaming, the 4th gen is perfectly fine.

I still have a Lynnfield CPU... talk about old.

For gaming, a Core 2 Duo is perfectly fine.

There is a bug in all foruth gen Intel CPU microcode that allows you to zero out a section of it and unlock any CPU, unlimited turbo boost, volts, multiplier, and max amps with a BIOS mod.

Attached: 1560638273416.jpg (720x768, 19K)

my nigga

Attached: spectacular.png (962x957, 75K)

memory is only 1600MHz unfortunately

Not really, they're both roughly equivalent to a modern i7/i5 if you compare their single thread performance. There hasn't really been any significant improvement over the last 5 years, just a few more cores here and there and better TDP... I was thinking about getting a 5775C for this motherboard as it has slightly better integrated graphics and all the Broadwell features but that model is so rare and overpriced that there's no point. Will likely be going for a Zen2 or better in a few years when a need for an upgrade arises.

I have a 4670 and was hoping for an upgrade. Even the 3700x seems a bit boring.

Attached: 71cTXW4g6KL._SL1280_.jpg (1280x1280, 196K)

>tfw based 4770k but gonna get 3950x in september
it's gonna be a good feel

If you're getting by on a 4770k, what are you going to do with all those threads?

Ryzen 5 1600 is better and cheaper.

Attached: 1551989360111.jpg (661x661, 43K)

Is this the official shillfag remorse post ?

Attached: 1562438334679.png (1840x1312, 1.8M)

I do mixing via digital audio workstation which profits heavily from good multicore performance

I found my 4770k in a returned machine (I work at an electronics refurbisher). The OEM didn't use thermal paste... I swear to god it was metal on metal so of course it overheated like crazy. intel is LGA instead of PGA, they survive the giant box of processors we throw cpus into usually. AMD shit is fucked due to their pins. I NEVER find salvageable AMD chips.

Explain

i5 760. Never obsolete.

Oh wow, you're in for a very fun time then.

im on a q6600 and im going to buy a 3900x

my mind is going to be insane

see
CPU doesn't matter for gaymen

You zero out a small section of the microcode and then either slot it into your motherboard's firmware or load it in the GRUB menu and the CPU will become as a god.

>2500K
based

still going strong

Attached: Untitled.png (625x568, 28K)

Does this work on 4790?
Pretty certain my chip is based on 5th gen or something stupid while still being a 4xxx.