Tfw lost my browser history dating back to 2015

>tfw lost my browser history dating back to 2015
i want to fucking kill myself

Attached: 1553718031481.png (662x967, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myactivity.google.com/
github.com/crazy-max/firefox-history-merger
nirsoft.net/utils/mozilla_history_view.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just ask nsa for backup

>not browsing in private mode as standard

Attached: 1560001706192.jpg (420x420, 52K)

i had a backup archive but i didn't realize that firefox locks places.sqlite file when making the archive, effectively making it fucking useless. also tried looking for deleted files, system restore, everything. it's fucking gone.

you don't know how fucking useful it was. remember that obscure thread? look in history and boom it's there, dating march 2016. it was like a journal, i could look back what i was doing two years ago. it feels like a part of me is gone.

Attached: 1534525877064.jpg (849x694, 148K)

Attached: 1559907329514.jpg (553x554, 29K)

don't worry, microsoft and google have copies of that for you

>i had a backup archive but i didn't realize that firefox locks places.sqlite file when making the archive
What? Explain.
Also if you didn't edit the about:config settings it was already erasing old history.

myactivity.google.com/

keeping browser history is for faggots

Attached: 2937497.png (578x90, 14K)

why do you care? this is actual hoarding. go collect your fingernail trimmings or pissbottles or something more conventional, freak.

I used to have history dating back to 2011 but then I realized it was pointless and revealed too much info about myself if it fell into the wrong hands. Now I have no history saved.

UPDATE: i managed to mount a shadowcopy of my drive (for some reason windows didnt detect it, had to use third party software), and i have full access to copies of my firefox profile. but when i copy it over it results in corrupt places.sqlite file (which contains all my history) when i launch firefox.
i tried using sqlite shell to repair it to no sucess. any advices?

What does it look like sqlite browser?

github.com/crazy-max/firefox-history-merger

using sqlite to try and dump the database results in an (almost empty file), only contains
PRAGMA foreign_keys=OFF;
BEGIN TRANSACTION;
COMMIT;

does not work

again i have no idea why firefox doesn't want to accept places.sqlite file. it's from the shadowcopy of my drive, it shouldn't be corrupted at all

returns 'malformed database scheme'

>not writing your own code to locally save your browsing history instead of relying on the browser

I'm a femcoder btw and even I can do it

Attached: Untitled.png (1114x657, 30K)

Huh? I assumed everyone here wiped brower history every day

>femcoder

that just means you have a feminine penis

I lost my pre 2009 Jow Forums folder to hard drive failure. I know that feel

l deleted mine, assuming I could just get anything later from the archives. Wasn't till years later I realized my mistake and why I still don't trust cloud shit now.

anyone? i have the 80mb places.sqlite file and nothing i do makes it work.

Just google 'returns 'malformed database scheme'" and fix it.

Try

nirsoft.net/utils/mozilla_history_view.html

Upload it to mega and I'll have a look for you

Chrome purges you're history after 3 months if youre using it daily.
It's probably not a set time limit but a maximum item count.

i know i'm supposed to export the tables to sql file and rebuild the database but when i dump it it doesn't return any tables on anything (see )

doesn't open it

so for some reason the file is fucked, even though it comes from shadowdisk copy, so it should be 100% fine. i have no idea why it's not.

Upload it nigger nobody can help you without seeing the file

i use firefox and i had it to never delete history, i could browse any pages i opened dating back to 2015 at any time.

>It feels like a part of me is gone
Congratulations, you are a bugman. Your identity is defined by what you consume, rather than your heritage, family, country, and constructive hobbies.

yea fuck off. it was just a browsing history. it's really cool going back 4 years and seeing what you were into.

that's what you get for trusting web browsers