If you use this joke of a distro at least do something for the abysmal default security it has

If you use this joke of a distro at least do something for the abysmal default security it has.

sudo pacman -S linux-hardened linux-hardened-headers apparmor firejail

sudo pacman -R linux linux-headers

sudo nano /etc/default/grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="apparmor=1 security=apparmor"

grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

sudo systemctl enable apparmor

sudo nano /etc/firejail/globals.local
apparmor

sudo firecfg

And don't use AUR ever! The most stupid thing you can do is to use your distro's package manager to install some pajeet's proprietary packages to your system.

Attached: archlinux-icon-crystal-64-svg.png (2000x2000, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/anthraxx/linux-hardened
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Care to explain a little on what all of this does? This is a much more interesting thread than the constant brandfagging going on right now.

>This is a much more interesting thread than the constant brandfagging going on right now.
How? It's just distro-fagging.

Security is a meme on a desktop

arch tryharding is just a constant meme rollercoaster of on one hand, thinking you're super cool and unique for writing everything by hand, and then on the other "recommending" one of the anti-autism versions that have their own automation at which point you just get put in the same boat as "ubuntu noobs". this is all just a big farce and waste of time when you could use a noob distro and make money. tryharding will never ever ever provide you with income

github.com/anthraxx/linux-hardened

Apparmor and firejail make your apps run in sandbox.

Install Gentoo.

>abysmal default security
If the install process of Arch taught me anything it's that NOTHING is ""default"". If you want security, you'll have to install it, just like everything else. It's kind of the entire selling point of Arch. Must've missed that memo.
>And don't use AUR ever
Lol ok. Apparently you don't trust yourself and your own intuition to determine whether a package is malicious or not. Some of us have a lick of common Sense.
>thinking you're super cool and unique for writing everything by hand
Editing config files isn't super-cool. It's just easy and to the point. I don't trust every Gui I meet to not fuck up. Some of actually use Arch because it's fast, straightforward and open to modification... Not that anyone ever mentions any of that over how mad haxxors Arch users must be just because we can use vim and nano.
That signals more about your insecurity with Linux tools than it does a critique of Archlinux.

Attached: Weenie_Hut_Juniors.png (1061x800, 1.05M)

>And don't use AUR ever!
You don't know how to verify the URL's in the package builds? Yeesh. That's the only part of the process that isn't sitting right there under your nose.

>apparmor

>If the install process of Arch taught me anything it's that NOTHING is ""default""
kill yourself archtard.
this shit reads like reddit
just fucking get back, don't reply, don't think, don't even breath.
God, fucking subhumans

as I think back to my college years and reminisce of some fat turd in the corner who's failed 3 years in a row because all he wants to do is show everyone that he uses arch, I truly feel guilty about my paid off car and house, truly *he* was the one in linux zen, and I still know next to knowing about how my computer "really works"

Your point being?

>default
>security
Why do you think you know things?

It is meme-tier psuedo security. Nothing here will do much for you. Arch is a desktop distro and your router is the point of security for it. If a person has access to your wider network you're fucked.

The only thing he posted that was of use is the firewall, and that is only for boxes that are directly exposed to the internet. A regular desktop install has the firewall covered by the router or better yet a pfsense box.

I don't fucking care to be honest. I trust all of my packages and my router handles the firewall shit already. I also turned off all Intel mitigations because I do not fucking care.

>thinks firejail is firewall.

>complains about security
>uses systemd

Things that never happened.

This. I run a sandboxed browser for purchases on line, just to feel better.

bahahaha little baby can't look up what these packages do
little baby thinks this is an interesting thread bahahaa

>And don't use AUR ever!
This is the only reason anyone (outside of the "leet hacker distro" crowd) uses Arch in the first place.

Attached: 4bb.png (531x534, 498K)

>NOOOOO STOP TALKIING ABOUT THIS FORM OF TECHNOLOGY I DON'T LIKE SO WE CAN HAVE 50 THREADS UP CIRCLEJERKING ABOUT DISTROS AT ALL TIME

>sudo
Stopped reading there

this but unironically