Best way to monetize vscode extensions?

!! DO NOT SUGGEST ILLEGAL SHIT !!
I'm now the owner of several popular vscode extensions and I'd like to monetize them. I can collect a lot of user data, but what companies are buying? Would a coin miner be too noticeable or can you limit cpu usage? What else can I do?

Attached: vskode.png (800x600, 12K)

>do not suggest illegal shit
>would a coin minder be too noticable

kys incel

use vim

Wouldn’t you rather be a man of the people and release them open source?

FPBP

>would a coin miner be noticeable
Not with vscode already running, but you also won’t have any spare cpu to mine with.

fpbp
retarded op btfo
/thread

Attached: bb.jpg (229x253, 6K)

Miners are legal even big US papers were/are using on their websites. I can't remember which one.

>Trying to slip sketchy malware into a vscode extension and thinking Microsoft won't notice, ban and probably sue you.
retard

I'm already collecting user data there's nothing illegal there, I've talked to a lawyer and it's stated in my privacy policy. What I don't know yet is how to maximize my profits. It's getting real messy to manage the data but at least aws is really cheap.

Absolutely fucking illegal without express opt in consent in Europe. I'm going to hook up VScode to a proxy, trawl through most popular extensions, find your shit and submit it to a few security news sites to my country's DPA :^)

How about not being a shithead part of the problem?

If your stuff is really widely used, then set up patreon and liberapay . Release it open source with a license similar to gpl3. Stop gathering user data or trying to monetize it . Don't even think about junk like miners . It only takes one or two people to prove how slimy and sheckle chasing you are, before your add-on is getting shit on and alternatives suggested instead.

At very worst, set up a non shitty ad system for those that use it for free, but any donors or patreon types don't have to worry about it. It's better to ask honestly and see what kind of response you get vs sneaky underhanded shit

i dont know making money out of botnet babbies seems pretty based to be honest desu

Patreon/donations.

>illegal without express consent in Europe
Yes, well, if OP is based in America, why should he care about your European laws?

As someone with the ability to blacklist / revoke VS code submissions, I suggest you think REALLY hard about this. Microsoft has zero qualms about not only blacklisting developers that do this shit, but going after their reputation as well.

I would suggest you consider an alternative revenue stream, such as keeping maybe a free and paid version.

The same reason literally every single American website cares about European laws and puts thousands of GDPR notices you retarded subhuman nigger piece of shit.
If the service is available to European citizens living in Europe it has to follow European laws.

CALM DOWN. I give up. The extensions will be reselled to my chinese partners and they can do whatever they find best. Screw all of this.

I wasn't expecting this much backslash.

A moderator can close the thread, please. Bye.

Patreon?

it is illegal to do it to eu citezen. op is foing illegal activities

op is foing illegal activities

What? I haven't even received access, one of my devs will take care of everything monday. It was part of another deal and I'll resell them because I don't want the headache. Thanks everybody for the help.

>If the service is available to European citizens living in Europe it has to follow European laws.
No it doesn't. What are you going to do, tell American police to arrest him for a European law? They'll tell you to get fucked. As long as the server is based in America, then the only recourse the European government has is to block Europeans' access to the service.

By your logic, Hiroyuki can be arrested because Jow Forums is accessible in Europe, and allows for loli on /b/. But European governments can't actually do anything about this. Jow Forums only has servers in California. We don't mirror anywhere else. Every packet you send to Jow Forums is crossing over either a satellite or an undersea cable, and once it does, all of your European laws stop meaning anything.

I get a warning for posting "have sex" and this retard's thread stays alive. Jow Forums - Technology & Bitcoin miners