Real Jow Forums doesn't care about consumerist amd/intel/nvidia sissy slapfighting

real Jow Forums doesn't care about consumerist amd/intel/nvidia sissy slapfighting

Attached: t60.jpg (2011x2242, 517K)

everyone knows this

>can no longer run youtube on a C2D
>within a couple of years most websites will 100% your shit CPU for 10 seconds before rendering
post how frustrated you are at "fighting the good fight"

No. Commies can fuck right off.

>youtube
??

Attached: works_on_my_machine_mug.jpg (460x460, 21K)

Was about to ask.. what can you actually do with these older models? Like you can't do a lot of modern browsing without really worrying about speed issues.

Just install noscript the web is 500% faster.

>can no longer run youtube on a C2D

This is false. My z61t with a lowly 2.16 GHz c2d can do youtube 720@60 fps no problem.

????

Attached: 117167199v5_240x240_Front_Color-Black.jpg (240x240, 11K)

I honestly can't tell if this is bait or not. Any decent browser can leverage the Intel igpu, and provide a fluid browsing experience.

Disable js.

My fucking android phone can do 8k videos on YouTube.

That's amazing.

You can't do much besides jerk off and pretend you are part of some psuedo internet movement culture only to get banned on IRC because you don't use some shit-on-purpose obscure distro

Actual answer (that nobody on Jow Forums can use because they are unemployable losers) :
the cheapest possible thin client which comes with a screen, keyboard, is easy on the electric bill, that can still run a lot of business apps that haven't had more requirements in 15 years

That's the point, Windows doesn't work only on your machine, it works on all machines.

>windows
????????

>implying

No it doesn't. I had 4gb ram and after a windows 10 update it refused to start after reboot. Said i dont have enough ram. I just installed gnu/linux instead.

If you use adblock the modern internet runs the same as it did ten years ago, and it's not like those are necessary at all

Oh except for fancy web apps and badly designed websites like The Verge but it's not like those are worth using either, it's a better idea to get used to using well aged technology you have full control over rather than being beholden to a monolithic black box that controls how you use your software and changes it on the regular with no input from you

I noticed this as well on my laptop from 2010 which has a i5 with 2c/4t and 4GB. I always ask myself how people are even able to use the internet on their C2D Thinkpads from the late 00s whenever I see these desktop/screenfetch threads.
Years ago you could still browse the web on a Pentium 4. They changed Youtube a few years ago and now it's heavy as hell.

something's fucky with your laptop then. t60 with c2d, 3.2gb ram & debian plays 720p youtube in the browser just fine

>Fucking consumerist sheeple! Think for yourselves for a change!
>REAL Jow Forums only uses Eye Bee Ehm™ brand Thinkpads™ with Libreboot® and GNU©/Linux©

could also use a macbook

Attached: crapple shatbook librebutt muh freedumbs.jpg (3024x4032, 1.36M)

720P does well on my laptop. Even 1080P is possible but not higher though. I dual-boot Win7 and Arch with xfce. Laptop still feels slow as hell when loading only one website.