I'm making a programming language, tell me all the best features you look for in a language

I'm making a programming language, tell me all the best features you look for in a language.

Attached: 1533333117627.jpg (386x500, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you already had this thread 5 times or so

just be you're'self :-)

A consent language where true means false.

you are doing shit, and you will never finish even half of this book, you retarded fucking nigger

Pure by default

epic!

1-based indexing

To cater to all SJW 'programmers' out there, make it non-binary

This but without the racist overtones

Object oriented

emoji support.

goto instead of if then else, retro is new sexy

function names can only be emojis.

comments start with the poop emoji

but that would be fake non-binary, since your assembler has to translate it to binary anways (or you design your own CPU on an FPGA or something).

You don't need to finish technical books, and I've used more than just that one resource on the topic.

A non-rascist on Jow Forums? Thank God there are some sane people on this board. Might actually stick around for a while now, thanks friend.

That second suggestion is woke.

Objectively will lead to spaghetti code

utf-8 by default so obviously

Outdated paradigm, light weight OOP is nice from time to time

Makes sense for a mathematical/human oriented language, zero indexing only makes sense in the context of pointers. No place in a high level language.

And the option to make impure functions, love it.

Doing shit at what? Why so sulky?

Silly

'self' will not be a keyword in the language.

shut up faggots

Homophobia too? Disgusting!

competent garbage collector that allows me to have real multithreading.

It only has 10 instructions.

Exciting OP here is what I want you to make.

>Data types:
unsigned 8bit, 16bit, 32bit, 64bit, 128bit raw bytes, i.e. b8, b16, ..., b128
>Default Operators:
All Arithmetic and Bitwise operations working on raw bytes b_ intepreted as unsigned or signed integers (i.e. you have both logical and arithmetical versions), this includes equality operators and identity operators ofcourse.
>Structures
You can define new data types, like floats or posits, using raw bytes. You can specify the number of bytes, and overload all the above operators for that type.
>pointers
the language has no support for arrays, but you can use addresses as they were raw bytes, and their type is always p8, p16, p32, p64, etc. You just define your own array type and then you can overload the address of operator.

assembly but that compiles to all the modern machines, so a general assembly language

Just be you'mst'selv'st'd, mylord.

>C

A.k.a make Lua.

damn
i guess we already have the only language we will ever need

No generics or other memes

I've been looking into lambda calculus and SKI calculus as a basis for a functional language, but I'm struggling to see how they're actually a useful foundation. They may be Turing complete and simple to implement but I still have to compile them down to C or assembly. There's no point in having an intermediate language that's more abstract than the target language. Or do they translate well? They're definitely easy to parse to an AST but compiling them down and even building abstractions on top of them seems difficult

you have to write implmentation in assembly

pattern matching, copy on write, first class concurrency

Ever heard of LLVM and it's IR?

How about making a variant of C that doesn't need compilation, that can be interpreted & isn't HolyC on TempleOS?

Nul terminated string

>isn't HolyC on TempleOS?
why?
PS: Holy C is not interpreted, you fucktard

c-nile detected

I want to be able to program for the GPU and send data between CPU and GPU as if the GPU code is part of the CPU code.

HolyC is is ahead of time compilation and just in time compilation. So it's both.

codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/
>TempleOS has its own programming language, HolyC.
>The whole operating system is written in it, except
>for x64 assembly in the lower-level parts. Perhaps
>unexpectedly, the same language is also used for the
>shell. That's right, you execute shell commands using
>a C-like language, and they go directly into the
>compiler.
so at what point is on the fly compilation/execution not the same as interpretation?

primitive nigger type

It just isn't the same.

>Holy C is not interpreted, you fucktard
retard alert

just making a library with C functions is not the same as a different language

tail call optimization and recursion in unnamed lambda

>parsing and executing code on the fly
>interpretation
>just not the same
lol ok

reality hits you hard

Honestly, the essentials from C++ would be a very good starting base for us CNile pieces of shit. Just don't go full Ruby on Rails, and please don't make it verbose like Java. Have it be simple with terminal input and output.

But if you want, add some keywords relating to Jow Forums as a whole, from /b/ to /x/, all to your heart's content.

is there some language that limits itself exactly to this?
C seems kind of close

>Being this retarded
That's what happens when all you do is make fun of a schizophrenic for achieving more than you ever will.

kek

Yes, I've seen that done