I just got this, a Kindle Oasis, as a gift

I just got this, a Kindle Oasis, as a gift.

What should I do with it? I haven't read a book in 10 years. The PDFs I put on there don't have the nice covers the sample books did. I'm not subscribing to any amazon bullshit though, so where do I get some nicely formatted books

Attached: 5999007_sd.jpg (2556x2873, 462K)

Other urls found in this thread:

b-ok.cc/
bibliotik.me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Read books with it you fuck.
>hasn't read a book in 10 years
>cares about covers
fucking pottery

> I haven't read a book in 10 years.

Attached: 1435347247_1405057844711.jpg (499x500, 51K)

Read books or gift it to someone who reads them.

>he knows how to read
What faggots.

b-ok.cc/

bibliotik.me/

The last time I pirated ebooks they had all the covers displayed

Pirate and read The Expanse by James Corey, then download an Asimov collection and read the Foundation series

Amazon software doesn't process covers for pdfs only ebook formats. it's not very good with pdf anyways

>What should I do with it?
give it to me

for fiction epubs(and mobis, azw etc) go to forum mobilism or #ebooks

get calibre, and stop downloading pdf unless is a textbook or stuff like that. Look for .epub or .mobi formats, mobi is native to kindle, so you can just put it in yours and is ready. For epub you need to convert it using calibre

Throw it away.

what book is in that in the OP? the author needs to be shot

do ereaders have screens that don't glow? because that's the only reason i would get one

Worth mentioning calibre will just do it for you when instructed to send a book to the device and can also scrape metadata like covers and descriptions from the usual places.
You can also use it as a server but I honestly don't know why you would do that.

low quality bait

b-ok.org

The nice Russian hackers gave you all you need

My kindle is on airplane mode 24/7, so I transfer the books manually. the send by email is a nice feature, but I don't trust amazon desu.

it was about to get me
I would have made a low quality post, thanks for stopping me.

>reading PDFs on an e-reader
laughing_girls.epub

>I clicked the airplane icon so now I'm out of reach of Alexa
Let me guess, you also tape the webcam of your windows laptop and leave the microphone on your phone and laptop untouched?

Imagine being OP. *shudders*

>he knows

lmao, i don't mind the botnet desu, but I'm afraid some day amazon might block the sideloading and force you to buy from their store, at least i that way i can't stop the automatic updates.

Put Ubuntu Touch on it.

Attached: 1549633546677.jpg (240x186, 17K)