>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: DSC_8607.jpg (3312x1448, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xL0HPjg5w3I
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v3-105-key-iso-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html
candykeys.com/product/va109m-mac-isoit
varmilo.com/keyboardproscenium/en_subject_product_detailed?subjectid=90
keyboardco.com/category.asp?sr=&path=mechanical keyboards&lan=Italian&ss=de&rtv=100
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?search_type=accessory&keyword=&brand=&capmat=PBT&capprint=Blank&availability=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

keyboards are gay

That's just a rubber dome over membrane.

Chinkshit version of Topre when?

wtf picrel keyboard is shit, why there is no f keys there is room for that and why borders are so big you can literally delete those and add numpad

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

Ages ago, plum made some.

Chinkcaps represent

Attached: small ones.jpg (2100x1400, 818K)

some chink keyboard with chink buckling springs clones

Attached: DSC_8557.jpg (3139x1533, 405K)

That keyboard is meant to be a replica of some older Model F keyboards of that design. They're also making a version with a much smaller bezel but the same layout.

>he doesn't know
the larger the bezel the better the keyboard

Attached: Exent.jpg (3500x1712, 741K)

cringe switch

40% with a huge bezel is the true power move

cheapest blank black caps that aren't alixpress?

don't trust that site at all

so is this a good time to buy a hhkb pro 2 type s? I've heard a rumor that it was gonna be re-released again but updated

BSP blanks from Germany

what color u80-a should I order to go with GMK olive?

moon

Moon

if only they had sage like they did for the m60

are you unironically buying into the scam

>scam
you mean best looking keyboard ever made?

youtube.com/watch?v=xL0HPjg5w3I

more like most overpriced piece of aluminum ever made
you could get super clean boards in nice metal cases for 1/3 that price

link some then

show the can collection, you clearly collect those things because i can feel the weight on that picture 818 KB for 2100x1400 pixels?... that can is empty

Literally what?

dude don't lie to us! you collect those energy drink cans! i can fucking smell it from here.

Literally every other one that isn't a rama.

say what you will about RAMA, but I'm surprised no else sells keyboards with a dampening materials between the plate and the PCB to help reduce noise.

Attached: RW-U80-MUTE-PLATE-A.1658.jpg (1500x625, 154K)

People have stuck rubber between the plate and PCB before, it's not like rama invented that.

>People have
but mainstream brands haven't and that's the point I'm making. Leopold prides itself on selling keyboards with dampening materials inside the keycaps, but for some reason they don't put them in between the PCB and plate

Attached: Leopold Felt Padding.png (2560x1203, 3.45M)

Rama's not a mainstream brand either m8.

neither is leopold

Compared to fucking rama they are.

Imagine not trusting an online marketplace with separate sellers

not really, but again if Rama putting dampening materials between the plate and PCB is no big deal then how come no other company is doing it?

Yes really. Rama does small batches of overpriced to hell and back boards which you can only buy from rama, while you can find leopolds at numerous online shops.

>best gaming keyboard: wooting one or steelseries apex pro
>best typing keyboard: Unicomp keyboard or matias tactile pro

Is this correct?

Attached: 1560286559800.jpg (1000x750, 477K)

Rama's social media presence is bigger than both Vortex and Leopold combined, and vortex sells Pok3r keyboards that even pewdiepie uses. Of course when compared to mainstream brands like Ducky he's no match.

Attached: Pewds Pok3r.png (1047x594, 887K)

Just because the ultra autists who are willing to shell out $400+ for a brick of brass know about rama doesn't mean they're mainstream. Ducky, leopold, varmilo, etc. are more well known. To the original point, there is no mainstream brand that stuffs some rubber between the pcb and plate. No, a niche site that lives on preorders doesn't count.

it's not a hard concept user, the more popular something is the more mainstream it is. again my original point was that stuffing some dampening materials isn't even that original of an idea, but for some reason a company that prides itself on silence isn't doing that even though it seem obvious. that's all

no

Lad I've never heard of rama until you brought it up.
When I started taking an interest in mech keys 2 weeks ago one of the first names that popped up was Leopold.

Hold on just to be clear, I never said Rama was a mainstream brand, and Leopold isn't a mainstream brand either. Ducky, Logitech, Corsair, Razer, and Cooler Master are all examples of mainstream brands.

Leopold seems mainstream enough to me. About as well-known as ducky, filco, ikbc. Less so than big brands though.
Maybe they're just more popular where I live.

>2 weeks ago
that's nothing m8
you probably don't even know how ramamyass got popular in the first place.
now that was a good /mkg/ meme even if it was forced

Only the Rama numpad shitposting was fun. Ramabae and those $100 keycaps that were spammed here weren't.

how did rama get popular?

I took a break from Jow Forums for a while until a few months ago, what did I miss?

I've been out of mechanical keyboards for about a year now. I've got a Moda V2 that I replaced all the switches on with Gateron Greens, but I've been running into issues with switches that are non-responsive and the only way to fix it is to replace the switch. Is there something I'm missing that could fix this issue without constantly replacing switches? I've had like 10 of them go out in 2 years.

Also, I remember there was a mechanical board that allowed you to swap out switches without soldering. Was it actually any good, or was it just a meme? I have a bag of switches because I was considering replacing all the Moda's switches again but it seems more effort than its worth.

There are a bunch of hotswap boards around. They work as advertised.

around two and a half years ago an australian shitposter called Rama made this thing and sold it for around 120 not including shipping. It was spammed on Jow Forums, telegram, discord, and even irc. People memed it as overpriced californian hipster trash, but despite that he sold over a thousand of them. He took that massive success and made his own company and started selling more overpriced trash. His next keyboard was the M65 which people called nicknamed the Ramebae. It was just a normal 65% keyboard but it was overpriced and people still bought hundreds of them. This was also the same time that the Tada68 came out and that keyboard was 60 bucks or 120 for the metal version and that had similar build quality. He also sold cnc metal keycaps for 80 bucks each.

Attached: RAMA-PHOTO-EDIT-M10-A.jpg (1500x1500, 1.14M)

any of these hotswap boards you'd recommend/warn against?

I haven't heard of any issue with any board.
The sockets are rated for 50 cycles IIRC.

It's not even a full numpad what the fuck

exactly yet people bought them and spammed them on Jow Forums. if you want on geekhack they even defended how affordable and sexy it was

The M65 was even worse imo. You couldn't even outright buy you had to win a raffle in order to get the chance to buy it. It was all a marketing scheme that redditors bought into for muh special club. Compared to the Tada65 it wasn't even that special.

Attached: RAMABAE M65.jpg (5203x3469, 2.56M)

What's with the iPhones? LOL

Rama has a weird obsession with apple

Attached: RAMABAE M65-2.jpg (5406x3604, 2.39M)

>50 dollary-doos for a 2 ¾" aluminum tray

Attached: RW-TRAY-SEQ2-A.1720_2048x2048.jpg (1920x1920, 726K)

To be honest those sales numbers don't seem very high. In which case you kinda have to push the margin to make it worth it.

that was just the first round, there were more.
he expected to sell a couple hundred hence the $120 price point, but the total amount was like 2900.
Also that $120 got you a case, cheap SA keycaps that you can already buy, and a dogshit PCB that didn't even have stabilizer cut outs. If you want switches and a usb cable that was extra.

Imagine trusting chinks and poo in loos because you're a liberal cuck

Tryna figure out what kinda switches I want in my first build. I'm using a razer blackwidow now and like the keys, but they could be a hair heavier. Clicky is nice. With that in mind I was looking for a tester that has blue, black, clear, white, green, and tactile grey switches on it. I've looked around but I can't seem to find one anywhere. Can someone help or am I fucked

ooh or clicky greys instead of tactile ones

If you want heavy & clicky, get box navy.

I'd pretty much have to make my own tester I s'pose. Does anyone sell individual switches?

Pretty sure you can just pick whatever switches you want to put in a tester from novelkeys.

Oh shit, thanks. Pastebin didn't mention anything like that.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161728.jpg (2802x1634, 1007K)

where do I buy an aluminum keyboard without keycaps in yurop?

Rama u80:
>represents what our future holds
>bold in a way that we have not ventured
>You can see it transferred and refined with each sequence--every technical pass
>The journey with U80 has been exceptional, there have been insightful lessons
>monolithic
>HIGH-END metals (folded hundreds of thousands of times by old japanese smiths to make the most expensive aluminum known to man)
>Each element of the keyboard is meticulously crafted
>Designed for the ultimate performance
>keycaps not included

>grorious nipponese steel keyboard
holy based

limpwristed hipsters with erections for shitty low% keyboards wanted to make a repro model f run in shitty low% layouts
i like big bezels on my keyboards but i also roll a 122key so

Can I get custom keycaps for a unicomp buckling spring keyboard?

yes, unicomp sells custom legends, it's dyesub (can't ds model m keycaps, the top's pretty thin) and abs though

this looks awful, not even kidding

You can't dye-sub ABS

huh, apparently unicomp still uses pbt? i thought they switched to abs a while ago for cost savings

They use less plastics in the case, but the keycaps are the same. They still offer single or double piece keycaps.

would this be a good first mechanical keyboard?
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v3-105-key-iso-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html

not really, for less money you can get a leopold and that has much better build quality.

that's really overpriced
if you want customisation, varmilo has a nice in-depth customization tool on their website, although I'm not sure how much is their shipping

I want a fullsize ISO keyboard with PBT keycaps in the italian layout
can't find any leopold like this
varmilo's customization only works for a couple of 80% models from what I'm seeing
help pls, maybe buying keyboard and caps separately would help?

candykeys has one full size varmilo with ISO-IT for pre-order
candykeys.com/product/va109m-mac-isoit
or you can buy a one from varmilo's website though you have to write down the layout you want for some reason they don't list them as separate skus
varmilo.com/keyboardproscenium/en_subject_product_detailed?subjectid=90

are you in italy? cause the shipping costs and taxes seems like it will be expensive
It might be cheaper to buy a Filco from Europe with an italian layout
keyboardco.com/category.asp?sr=&path=mechanical keyboards&lan=Italian&ss=de&rtv=100

here
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?search_type=accessory&keyword=&brand=&capmat=PBT&capprint=Blank&availability=

yeah I'm in Italy, so it costs me 50$ of shipping to buy a varmilo, those Filco keyboards look too basic or else I'd buy them

you can just buy any normal ISO keyboard and change the language settings in your OS. It will treat it as having an Italian layout keyboard.

yeah I know, it's just a matter of personal autism
on another note, is this how I tell them the layout I want on Varmilo's site?

Attached: Screenshot_25.png (1203x393, 39K)

I know it's retarded and you don't have to tell me again, but yeah that's how you do it

thanks bby

I think you can also order via email

I sent them an email instead before I ordered just to check if my layout (Nordic ISO) was in stock. It wasn't and they told me it would be a while. I'd do that first instead of waiting for months until it restocks.

Behold: the Logitech g513
The king of mechanical keyboards. You cannot dispute this. God tier build quality.

Attached: 01558605-82B9-4F70-98DD-826DB2C68C4C.jpg (1200x675, 102K)

Attached: D74ED409-BCAD-4527-BEBB-465A2F0293B5.jpg (208x242, 7K)

Yet it looks like shit

>numpad
lol what kind of office cuck uses that