>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional).
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value especially used
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R7 3700X - High end, higher FPS. 3900X/9900k is better in some games, but generally only with a 2080Ti @ 1080p.
>R9 3900X - Gaming+Streaming

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps or for more demanding games
>RX 5700 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games
>2080ti - Highest possible frames, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070 Super Overclocked - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>RTX 2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi launch drivers have issues, particularly with OCing. Wait for non-blowers if considering the XT. 5700 blower is fine, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>AM4 VRM listing: imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>A 256GB+ SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>NVMe do not give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy

rentry.co/pcbg-more

prev

Attached: GPU output latency.png (934x531, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/rMnPjy
expertreviews.co.uk/software/operating-systems/1401617/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-and-create-boot-media/page/0/1
youtu.be/4JElrCCPDPA?t=610
pcpartpicker.com/list/kxc93b
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>finally decide on a tomahawk for a 2700x
>i was living under a rock and alot of new shit is out today
I've decided on the 3700X, but what motherboard should I get? PBO is the most OC i'm going for, and i'm playing on a 144hz 1440p monitor
Cheaper = Better

Attached: ss (2019-07-07 at 05.12.48).png (263x164, 6K)

hello

Where's the 1024x768 Skyrim benchmarks?

Why do RX580 GPUs sell for like 50% more if they have 8GB instead of 4GB of memory?
Isn't the extra 4GB useless to the vast majority of users? When is 8GB ever useful?

hi

If I never overclock can I just use the stock cooler and be fine with a 3900x

b450 tomahawk

b450 tomahawk is still fine for it you cum gurgling ape, we told you to look at the chart

This is the worst launch ever lmao
Nowhere to buy

tomahawk b450

It will be loud, but performance will be the same.

Yes. Zen 2 doesn't gain much from manual OC'ing anyway

Thinking of picking up a 5700XT when they go aib cooler and a 3800x. Should I or is my board too old?

Attached: 7.7.19.png (779x628, 65K)

Got my order in 27 seconds after launch. You snooze you lose.

Good for you. They were sold out like 10 minutes after because AMD can't into launches.

but wouldnt i have to do a bios update that doesnt exist

Attached: 1562525866298.png (1139x5016, 745K)

What is the best value GPU for compute shader performance with linux drivers?

Even though I'm still on a 2500k, I'm not sure it was a good idea to buy the 3700X. I never spent that much for a CPU, and maybe I should've grabbed one of the Ryzen 2000 chips when they'll get cheaper, with a cheap B450 and put all the saved money into a worthy upgrade of my GTX970. And yet, I bought the 3700X because I believe it'll last me as long as the 2500k. Was I too hopeful?

Attached: 1498163922006.png (455x511, 151K)

Peace of mind for what exactly? My biggest fear is GPU's in 1-2 years requiring PCI-4 to work at full capacity, but I'm not sure if that will happen. Super fast NVME drives is not a big concern. Then there's better memory compatibility claim, guess we'll see if that's true in the coming days.

is gigabyte reliable? its the only x470 i could find

I added the motherboards and monitor charts to the pcbg-more link so they can be removed from the OP itself.

VRAM costs quite a bit. And quite a lot of games use 4GB or more now days even at 1080p.

>which board for 3700X with PBO enabled
b450 tomahawk.

Might get a bit loud at times, but yes.

>It's not fair that twice as many people want AMD over Intel trash.

You should have bought B450 with the 3700X or 3600.

You can get a B450 board + RX 5700 + R5 3600 for $550 total from Microcenter ($100 of discounts bundled). $650 online. That's probably almost what you spent on the X570+3700 alone.

gigabyte 400 series boards are trash. stay away.

Vega.

What is the point of 3800x? Why should I get it over 3700x?

>5700 blower is fine
It's one of the worst/loudest blowers basically ever.

You made a good choice desu. It'll last a long time and you should see a major improvement over the 2500k. You won't need to upgrade for another 5 years. I mean, I upgraded from a 4690k to a 9900k. Although the 4690k wasn't too bad, I didn't realize how much more performance I'd be getting in return. I'll be keeping this chip for a long long time or until I decide to sell it and get whatever is noticeably better in the future.
What mobo are you getting with it?

>Cheaper = Better
>has a fucking 2080ti

What is your budget? What features do you want? The tomahawk has a bios update I think, VRM should be fine for 3700x. Be aware though the audio solution is shit. There is a reason it's cheap.

So MSI b450 pro carbon is the best bang for buck choice with 3700x right?

>What is the point of 3800x?
To justify the 3900X's price.

should be a lot better for usa bros once retailers get their asses to work monday. worst case you have whatever you wanted before the end of next week.

if it's not shipping today it doesn't matter.

Is the MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI good?

So, what happens if a game uses more VRAM than a GPU has? Does it just die?

obviously the shitiest looking mb you can find for a glass display case like that one.

>What mobo are you getting with it?
The 3700X was already more than I'd normally spend on a CPU, so I'll cheapen out on the mobo. Will go with either the MSI B450 Pro Carbon, or the B450 Tomahawk, as they're both flashable without the CPU. Sadly they only feature 6 SATA ports, I really wanted 8, but I guess I'll live with it.

do AM320M mobos support dual channel?

Im about to buy a 9900k just to say fuck you amd for not stocking enough of these.

I'm switching from Intel to AMD. Here are my specs:
>i7-8700 (locked)
>ROG STRIX Z370-E motherboard
>16gb of Trident Z RGB RAM with Samsung B-die.
>Noctua NH-D15
Should I go for 3900X or 3700X? I'm planning on streaming games for fun once our internet gets upgraded.

WHEN THE FUCK IS AMAZON GOING TO LET ME PURCHASE THE 3900X

Attached: 1382937848003.gif (256x144, 168K)

>Be aware though the audio solution is shit
That's kinda a deal breaker, I need to hook up atleast two speakers and a microphone to it

How long do you reckon until there's linux kernel modules and amdgpu driver support for the new AMD cards? I wasn't paying attention during the RX 400 -> 500 transition, but I'd assume the new architecture means it'd take longer than a GCN -> GCN rebrand generation jump. It looks like a pretty decent upgrade over my current RX 560, if a bit power hungry by comparison, but I have no idea if the timeframe between now and the partner designs shipping is the same timeframe between now and driver support dropping.

Attached: thinking anime.png (349x407, 181K)

So apparently overclocking does fuck all while driving up power consumption a lot this time, but the 3600x still isnt worth it compared to 3600 for 55€ more, right ?
Also isnt the asrock b450 pro4 marginally better than the tomahawk ?

Attached: 1532243331134.png (1320x256, 64K)

So if I don't want to overclock, is the 3800x worth it over the 3700x due to base frequency? I'm a tech brainlet, but maybe I could learn to overclock... 70$ isn't a massive difference in price though.

It uses system RAM which is far slower and thus often causes stuttering.
Or, for many newer games, they automatically compress and downscale textures to fit into the given VRAM, so textures become blurry and/or pop-in instead of being preloaded.

If streaming, 3900X is the obvious choice.

It was up on Newegg.
Bezos is buying all the zen2 CPUs for himself.

... you think you can't plug 2 speakers and a microphone into the b450 tomahawk?
holy fuck do some research

Is it confirmed the 3800x isn't much better at all compared to a 3700x? That shit sold out on Newegg so fast but of the two only benchmark videos I saw it was literally nothing, and in some cases worse than a 3700x.

why upgrade? isn't that fast enough?

I know it was up on newegg, because as soon as I was reviewing my order, it sold out and didn't get to buy it.

8700 will probably beat both of those in gaming

Attached: 1562510128823.png (1364x728, 618K)

Arriving on tuesday, good enough for me.

If you're streaming, consider just using NVENC and just getting the 8 core, otherwise definitely get the 12 core

While streaming? Don't think so bub.

are ASROCK mobos still dogshit?

Attached: 1560218185488.png (542x571, 202K)

Oh, if you're gonna do a lot of streaming then the ryzen will be better. Still not much of an upgrade

Wasn't the 3900x supposed to surpass the 9900k?

>are ASROCK mobos still dogshit?
They never were.

if anyone cares, the 5700 (XT) has 54 mm distance between the cooler mounting holes so pretty much all aftermarket GPU coolers will work on it

who else /3600/ here?

Do I care about waiting for a 2070S if I expect to smoothly play games in 1080p 144hz in 3-4 years?

3700x + MSI B450 TOMAHAWK + 16 GB 3200Mhz DDR4

Attached: 1560787469640.png (498x443, 79K)

It does everywhere that matters.

Reminder that zen2 is still worse than an i5

Attached: relative-performance-games-1920-1080 (2).png (500x1250, 79K)

Except gaming. I guess if you're doing a lot of compiling it's great

The Z67 one I bought was a few years ago

Thats pretty much the exact build Im planning
Replace the 2070 with a 2070s
Is there anything that I should change?

Do you care?

What are you doing with your CPU? If you're gaming just buy a new GPU instead.

i'd do nothing in that case. try it first and see what you think. a lot of streamers on worse. look around and compare.

hard to say since no one seems to have them both in the same place but it really doesn't look like it's worth a whole lot in pure performance overclocked or not. 3800x might have a little better performance per watt but hardly anyone gives a shit about that.

I wish I cared, but I waited half a year for zen2, and now I have to wait another month for 2070S? What I'm asking is, whether its actually worth it given the listed scenario.

it surpasses skylake in IPC which is better than what was expected. no one sane expected it to beat it in gaming performance since it was clear that the clockspeed wouldn't get met. The difference in gaming performance is overall in the single digits so the difference has become negligible and other metrics become the focus. That's pretty much what was expected
well, by anyone sane that is. there were a lot of adored mongrels that thought AMD would somehow get 5GHz out of a new node while pretty much any nodeswitch in the recent past game with clockspeed regressions

8700 streams just fine. Why would you pay $800 for a new cpu/mobo that performs worse in games? It's not like you'll make it back with your 3 viewers

>if i expect to do X in 3-4 years
you don't buy hardware for what you will be doing in two years. Buy something that fits the needs you have in the forseeable future, upgrade when it isnt enough anymore. Hardware ages like fish in the sun

What is the difference between MSI b450 tomahawk and b450 pro carbon? They both supposed to have good vrm.

Also what is the point of buying +200$ mobo if you don't need gazillion pcie and sata ports and there is not to oc these ryzen 3000's?

check em

Attached: check.jpg (320x320, 16K)

3900X does not perform worse in games than the 8700. Quit trolling.

>fan on the motherboard chipset

You almost had me, AMD. Give me one with a big ass slab of copper and no fan and I'll buy it.

better audio, better lan, rgb, wifi

none. buying expensive motherboards has been retarded for almost everyone since a long time. The performance difference is negligible if you're not doing extreme overclocking for the sake of overclocking and all onboard functionality is still shit compared to dedicated options.

But it does

>ryzens are up on online stores based in other states
>qld continues to shit the bed with no stock and no way to buy

fuck this dumb fucking state

stop wasting everyones time and cherrypicking shit, people here are capable to read and have seen more than one benchmark

Intel is a housefir-

Attached: cpu-temperature.png (500x530, 39K)

I'm >>
>
Would it be better to unplug my HDD until I get everything sorted out on my SSD? I'm reading this walkthrough and it mentioned something about not deleting shit off the wrong storage drive so if I unplug my HDD can I just streamline the process until it's all said and done? I'm installing via USB by the way

expertreviews.co.uk/software/operating-systems/1401617/how-to-clean-install-windows-10-and-create-boot-media/page/0/1

How many benchmarks do you want me to post? I can go on and on

I'm sure you can cherry pick a lot of examples. So could the other side. Non retarded people read an entire review instead of listening to the weird autist trying to shill his favorite multi billion dollar company like a drunk sportsfan

twenty minimum

What CPU, mobo, and RAM should I get if I want to get good value out of a 1080p 144hz monitor?

By value I mean I don't need to max it out but get high FPS in most games.

Also I don't want to mess with overclocking at all.

Attached: 1553584894804.png (402x459, 153K)

Attached: 1562509065028.png (1365x767, 571K)

So by
>in games
You did NOT mean an average of games, you meant a few cherry picked games and you're trolling.

>B450 mobos are all advertised for 3466Mhz DDR4
Can it unofficially go higher, or is it fucked?

why is everyone saying "get a b450"? i know the x570 is expensive right now but surely pcie 4.0 is worth it. u wont need to update for a while if you decide to keep the ryzen for at least 2 more years.

>9900K 57c
>8700k 61c
lol fuck off

no problem with unplugging it but just setting the right boot order in your UEFI (you need to do that anyways) will take care of that just as easily

youtu.be/4JElrCCPDPA?t=610

>shill his favorite multi billion dollar company
Please, you're just spewed some bullshit and I decided to correct you. Talk about shills, the amd shills can't accept reality

pcpartpicker.com/list/kxc93b
this is the relevant parts of my current build
if I get a 5700xt will I be bottled necked significantly?
aiming for 144hz 1080p

Keep coping faggot
Zen2 is still worse than games and everyone says so

Attached: Cost_1.png (1374x1516, 84K)

How is this for 1440p/1080p144hz gaming for ~£1000?
I already have the PSU and an SSD

By the time PCIe4.0 might be worth it AMD could have changed the socket used, PCIe 5.0 or 6.0 might be used, etc. There's no tangible benefit for PCIe 4.0 right now for most users and the benefits of PCIe 4.0 won't affect most users significantly over the next few years anyway

MSI B450-A PRO vs Tomahawk vs Gaming Pro Carbon AC?
As far as I can tell the A Pro is basically just a Tomahawk without the LEDs and a USB 3 instead of C, and the chart says it's fine for 3700x.
Is there some reason to use the Carbon instead? 130 leafbucks instead of 180 is pretty significant. I like the look of the A Pro more than the flashy gamer ones anyway.

Attached: 13-144-192-V01.jpg (1280x960, 171K)

So pro carbon is good choice for 3700x?

3600, 3600x or 3700x
b450 tomahawk
16gb 3600 mhz cl16 ram

I think the idea is that pcie 4.0 tech isn't even out yet and even once it is, it'll be too expensive and not that useful for most (think the closest pcie 4.0 will be M.2 with absurd speeds). By the time you actually will need pcie 4.0, prices will have gone down anyway