>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming (dGPU optional).
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value especially used
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R7 3700X - High end, higher FPS. 3900X/9900k is better in some games, but generally only with a 2080Ti @ 1080p.
>R9 3900X - Gaming+Streaming/Extreme Productivity

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps or for more demanding games
>RX 5700 - high FPS (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games
>RTX 2080ti - Highest possible frames, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070 Super OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi launch drivers have issues, particularly with OCing. Wait for non-blowers if considering the XT. 5700 blower is fine, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>AM4 VRM chart: imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>A 256GB+ SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>NVMe don't give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy

rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 2019_7-7_Zen2_L1_C$.png (850x350, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EgOKi2Okn2g
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/JHdyJ8
pcpartpicker.com/list/gxDPjy
pcpartpicker.com/list/FkGptg
pcpartpicker.com/list/x72vTB
youtube.com/watch?v=z3aEv3EzMyQ
pcpartpicker.com/list/JyfqcY
pcpartpicker.com/list/Vp8f3b
pcpartpicker.com/list/gFGyJ8
ssd.borecraft.com/SSD_Buying_Guide.pdf
ssd.borecraft.com/SSD_Buying_Guide_List.pdf
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B27_j9NDPU3cNlj2HKcrfpJKHkOf-Oi1DbuuQva2gT4/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the best ram to pair with a 3700x?

>boost clock BIOS issues and errors with Nvidia drivers
Thanks for beta testing, anons!

finally a good reviewer

youtube.com/watch?v=EgOKi2Okn2g
thanks Wendell

Nvidia drivers fucked up the Zen1 launch, too. Took almost a year to solve (turns out they were fucked up on the 6850k, 6900k, etc, from years ago but no one bothered to test it out properly).
But the BIOS and Navi drivers are AMD's fault and not unexpected. Their launches are usually rocky, but it's always solved soon enough.

3733 at no higher than CL18.

I hope 3900x comes back in stock soon, seems demand was underestimated.

Attached: 1547756581623.jpg (670x424, 110K)

>Wendell

Based

Attached: level1tech.jpg (1149x689, 466K)

clueless user here, how different is the ryzen 5 3600 vs the 3600x?

nice

he wishes he was still with logan

Don't think so, Logan was an asshole and his channel is dying now. The people he's with now seem chill.

>buying ryzen in murica

Attached: IMG_20190707_1642.jpg (2560x1920, 989K)

>haven't picked my own parts in 13 years
>some redditor put together my last build
>looks like there's 5000 kinds of ram out now
any feedback on my canuckbucks build? want to put about 8 gigs or 16 gigs of ram, but no clue what type.
also will reuse old graphics card till i save up for new one.

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/JHdyJ8

$50 difference

>anime
burn the nips

>Her chin
She's the one that needs a beard to cover that up.

Attached: 1419318112838.jpg (768x576, 31K)

Oy vey stop with the anti-Semitism

MSI X470 Gaming Pro is in stock and B450 Pro carbon not.

Is there much difference in between these two if I get x470 instead?

rude

What mobo and ram should I get for the 3600?

No overclocking planned.

Attached: frodo.jpg (400x399, 93K)

way hotter than anyone you'll even touch lmao

Lian li dynamic o11 or fractal design meshify c for a 3700x with stock cooler?

No seriously, you should consider a beard, maybe some HRT? It's hideous

>fractal design meshify c
this

curious as well

AMD recommend's 3600 cas 16 I believe.

Rate: pcpartpicker.com/list/gxDPjy

I can't buy a Zen 2 because none of the affordable motherboards support Zen 2 natively.

>worst sao
burn the nips

>seems demand was underestimated.
No, the zen+ launch had poor availability too. It takes a lot of time to ship out hundreds of thousands of boxes.
At least it's not like the 9000 series where they artificially raised prices vastly higher than they were worth to lower demand, and decreased sales as a result.
2c/4t Pentiums in the past had poor availability as well before the new Athlons dropped, too.

>ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/JHdyJ8
Get semi-modular PSU at least. It makes putting it together and managing cables wayyy easier, and will have better case compatibility if you ever upgrade to a smaller case.
For RAM, just get 3200CL16 if you want value. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT tends to be particularly easy to overclock on Zen1, but not sure about Zen2.
If you want higher performance, look for something that's 3733CL18 or lower latency. Refer to the formula in the OP with clock speeds

A cheap board like the B450 Tomahawk should be fine for the 3600 as it uses around the same or less power as the 2600, unless there are some BIOS issues I'm unaware of.

Don't talk shit about her. She's more witty than you'll ever be, or anything you'll ever stick your dick in.
Dumb whores have no value, no matter how physically attractive.

Attached: d24hymdbbm331.png (2000x1023, 1.07M)

3600/16
Tom's Hardware (IIRC) said they didn't get any improvement and got occasionally worse performance with 3733

3600 is budget option 3733 is recommended. I don't understand if 3866 and above is actually worse or what.

More megahurts is better but no more than 3733 if you're going with Zen2 otherwise the "infinity fabric" bus inside the chip will clock down to half the memory bus speed.
Lower CAS latency is also good but it's relative to your clock speed, since it's measured in cycles. 3600MHz CL16 and 3200MHz CL14 have nearly identical latency because the clock is ticking on the 3600MHz part 12% faster.

>No overclocking planned.
Well that's good cause unless you have LN2 you're not gonna get better results than just enabling PBO

How are 9700ks? I'd really prefer to pick up a 3700x, but my PC won't boot after a move (even took out the GPU/Cooler/ETC, lesson learned to transport shit myself) and I don't want to potentially wait a few weeks while the shipping stock issues get sorted out to replace my CPU

Being Zen+, does 3400g require a motherboard with an upgraded firmware?

>Got new 3700X and Asus WS-Pro Ace X570 motherboard
>Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (actual legit fucking key too)
>OMG Welcum to Windoes 10! Here we have a bunch of stuff
>Bunch of quality of life drivers install by default when you're connected to the Internet
>Here's a GPU driver for your 2080Ti!!
>W..wait, you want to install a newer driver? What's wrong with our DCH based one for OEM's from 2017? :(
>Nvidia installer says "latest version of Windows 10 not compatible"
>lol Good luck uninstalling all our garbage
>Have to run DDU on a BRAND NEW FUCKING INSTALL
>Then disconnect from the internet entirely because even after a DDU AND a restart, Windows immediately tries to re-install the garbage

FUCK FUCK FUCK. SUCH A WASTE OF MY GOD DAMNED TIME.

Attached: 1561068581469.png (700x546, 181K)

do you already have the case? that one seems to be expensive even more so considering the other components on your list, maybe you could get the be quiet 500 when is out, same with the noctua cooler

>I don't understand if 3866 and above is actually worse or what.
It is for gaming, not sure about work tasks.

They are the go to for gaming still. Ignore the OP. He's always like this.

No bros... you need to just buy the 1660ti... it's cheaper... AMD has no competitor to it...

>got occasionally worse performance with 3733
That's their kit/OC just not being stable. Likely getting seek misses.

Just pick one up in a store.

I was having the same fucking issue with 1070 drivers on win10.
And fucktards say Nvidia drivers have no issues.

Attached: chrome_2019-07-07_20-57-39.png (2923x1644, 1.43M)

3866 and above is worse due to Infinity Fabric scaling going wack, and latency stays terrible until DDR4 7466. It remains to see if IF can be tuned to enable higher RAM speeds.

Yes.

Lads how's this list

pcpartpicker.com/list/FkGptg

Attached: slipknot by iowa.jpg (316x316, 28K)

Am I wrong to feel my autism triggered by the x570 fans? Would I be retarded to put a 3700 in an x470 just to not have to deal with that bullshit?

pcpartpicker.com/list/x72vTB

-Do I need a cooling unit or does that come with the case/ cpu
-Do i need to buy windows if I already have a computer with windows
-I already own 2 1080p 60hz monitors, should I just wait till Christmas to get a 1440 144hz one?

Attached: 1558233922254.jpg (968x1024, 89K)

Shitty Hynix RAM, get Crucial Ballistix instead.
Swap 2080 for 2070 Super or 5700 XT, leaning towards Super because your budget allows it.
Your PSU is overkill.

Anons are telling me to get a B450, and also telling me to get 3733MHz RAM, wtf.

Can I just chuck eg 3600MHz RAM into any motherboard?

Alright, I managed to install Windows 10 onto my SSD via USB. Also learned that one of my front USB ports is broken. Got some new questions now though.

1) I have access to pretty much everything on my old Windows 7 HDD from my new Windows 10 SSD. Google Drive refuses to give me access for some reason but I never used it to begin with to my knowledge so I'm not worried. Could I just go into the HDD and delete the Windows files and not have to worry about it anymore, and just use my old HDD as pure storage now?

2) How long can I get away with using the free Windows 10? I installed Windows 10 Home from the USB boot menu but it isn't letting me customize anything without an activation key. But I don't want to buy one until I absolutely 100% need to.

3) Should I do a restore of my files from the Windows 7 HDD? What exactly does it import? Would it reinstall my games and Clip Studio Paint/Photoshop and shit like that?

Yes, already bought the case. I wanted something large, look good, and quiet. It'll be my case for at least 15 years, considering how long I used my last one.

>Buying a 2070
>Buying any GPU when Super is about to come out

>Lads how's this list
>pcpartpicker.com/list/FkGptg
Drop the HDD entirely.
GPU is terrible value. Only 10% more performance than the 5700 XT or 2070S yet over 50% more expensive. Get 600-650W PSU.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/x72vTB
Cooler comes with the CPU.
>-I already own 2 1080p 60hz monitors, should I just wait till Christmas to get a 1440 144hz one?
Using mismatched monitor frequencies with Nvidia causes microstutters. You either need to use an AMD GPU, or upgrade all of your monitors to 144hz.
>-Do i need to buy windows if I already have a computer with windows
just use the same key?

And don't pay $500 for a 2070. That's insane when the $350 RX 5700 performs nearly identically and at less power consumption.

Are there any B450 motherboards that support Zen 2 without needing a manual BIOS flash? Like, I'm 100% certain they didn't stop making these just to put out a few X570s.

explain plz

2070 is bad value. the 2000 super series comes out in like 2 days and the 2070s is much ebtter value.

kek people thought $460 was a good sale price for the 2070 and actually bought them at that last week.

Attached: nooo pls.png (699x674, 587K)

>Asus WS-Pro Ace X570 motherboard
Ah yes a man of culture, I see.

Get rid of the 1TB mechanical and just buy a larger SSD.
Get rid of the 2080 and get a 2070 Super
Reduce your power supply
Yes it's stupid. Unless you're buying a dog shit motherboard, X570 is fine. I have the Asus WS-Ace and I can't hear the fan at all.

you would need to find a motherboard from new stock that has a sticker in the box

Attached: ryzen 3000 ready.jpg (2060x1082, 296K)

No, but I'd like to see a comprehensive overview of what the fans are like to see which is the best one, or which handles a 3900x at its best overclock while quiet-ish.
Glad I got a be quiet case thanks to this.

What I'm more concerned about with the X570 boards is whether there's going to be any benefit down the road with them. If they can hold the 4000 series and if the PCIE 4 benefits the next or two down the road GPU generation, it's justified in my mind.
If the boards aren't going to hold on and are getting cucked by the X670, I see no reason to get them unless they give the 3900x better overclocking than otherwise. But apprently the zen 2 is a tough or even limited overclocker, at least with the firmware the reviewers had to work with.

If he looks for a 2080 on sale to maybe ~60 over a 2070s it's still probably better, though?

In response to Navi, or for their own reasons, NVidia decided to refresh their RTX line-up. 2070/2080 are EOL. On July 9th, the following cards will be released.

RTX 2060 Super: $400, matches/makes defunct old RTX 2070.
RTX 2070 Super: $500, matches/makes defunct old 2080.
RTX 2080 Super: $700, comes later, slots in between 2070S and 2080 Ti (?).

Okay, I can understand that. But I wonder if it's worth buying one from say Newegg and hoping, or returning it if it's not on there. Do you think Newegg holds inventory for more than 6 months on stuff like that?

Wonder if there are any x570 chipset waterblocks going into production. It would be nice to just add the chipset to my loop instead of the fan.

So I should wait for those to come out and get the rtx 2060 super instead of the 2070

Yes.

Dude, just by Ryzen VII.

anyone else /maxwell/ here?

What are your upgrade plans anons

>CPU clock makes chipset fan spin more
No. The chipset fan will only get louder if you're running a shit load of PCIe devices. I.e. pcie 4.0 SSDs in raid. As for PCIe 4.0 lasting a while, it should unless we see some ridiculous GPU advancement. The 2080Ti heavily overclocked and at full tilt can barely saturate 8 Lanes of PCIe 3.0
I mean the Asus Crosshair Formula already has VRM block made by EK. I don't see why they wouldn't make a chipset block. Or go the ASRock Aqua route and make a fully board covering mono-block.

i dont know what that is
AHH this is so confusing how do you retards keep up, I just want a good pc

3600x or 3700x for 1080p gaming paired with a regular 2060? I bought one back in feb when my old card died.

Attached: ratto.gif (250x319, 3.99M)

Look into the X570 Aqua from ASROCK. It's preinstalled mind-you and only 999 will be made to go on sale for $999 each.

Buying a 2080 at all is debatable, and only the worst models would be discounted so heavily, methinks. Even if the worst models aren't so heavily discounted, above $400, performance per cost heavily dips. If Navi's drivers are worked out get the 5700 XT, which competes with the 2070S. No conclusive judgments here though.

Is this ram going to gimp a Ryzen 3600 very much?

Attached: Capture.png (771x184, 25K)

Wait for custom cooler 5700XT or get ref cooler? System is already pretty loud got a RX480 and the 3000rpm noctuas.

>Am I wrong to feel my autism triggered by the x570 fans?
You're retarded, yes.
The fan doesn't even turn on for 99%+ of people's usage.
It's only there for those "power users" running PCIe 4.0 NVMes in RAID.

Either buy the RX 5700 now, or wait until the 12th for the 2060 Super if you want to pay more money for a worse card.
It's not confusing. New cards come out every year. Compare the new year's cards to the last years. See which is best for the money. simple.

He's joking.

I had an EVGA 980Ti Classified at 1525MHz. Was still struggling just to maintain 60FPS in newer titles at 1440p. Have an EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra now. I usually buy whatever the big dick is every other generation of GPUs. I had 3x GTX 480's in SLI.

That's pretty good RAM. No, it's not going to gimp it much. Talking like 5% at most compared to a $40 more expensive memory kit.

DO NOT buy the blower 5700 XT unless you plan to replace the cooler yourself.
5700 is fine with the blower, though, because its power consumption is so low.
Wait for AIB XT cards unless you are willing to replace the cooler yourself.

Attached: chrome_2019-07-07_18-06-02.png (2793x1348, 1.07M)

Linus is backing AMD in full now as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=z3aEv3EzMyQ

Where are my itx mobos at, god damn why did I fall for the shitty sff meme.

okay guys i added your suggested items:
pcpartpicker.com/list/JyfqcY

pretty good value

It's fantastic thus far. Flawless setup and the BIOS is no nonsense. DOCP for my RAM was one click fire and forget tier. (2x16GB of 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 timings)

Thanks. Sorry if what I said sounded stupid, I didn't think the fans would be dependent on stocking the board full of PCIE 4 SSDs.
Would you expect it not to kick in with current gen NVMEs or anything else current?

Yes, although you could slot a better performing Inland Premium 1TB NVMe drive for the same price.

don't care about linus tho.

Also, Wendel is one of the few people who tested Zen2 + 5700XT vs 9900k + 5700XT.
Turns out the 3700X pretty consistently beats the 9900k when paired with the 5700XT, again pointing to an Nvidia driver issue like some are reporting.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/JyfqcY
again, DONT BUY THE 5700XT unless you plan on replacing the cooler yourself.
Either wait for custom cards (launching on the 17th or next month, not sure yet), or just get the more efficient 5700.
Noise levels on the 5700XT are bad.

The 5700 non-XT is already on par with the 2070 you had there before, yet uses less power and is a lot cheaper.

ADATA SX8200 or Inland Premium are alternative SSDs around the same price but faster.

Otherwise, good build.

Is there any reason to buy a 3800x over a 3700x? Using my computer for gaming and occasionally streaming using Steam Link. Should I just go for a 3900x?

The chipset only governs lanes, nothing more. As for if the fan will have to run full blast if you get a bunch of NVME PCIe 4.0 SSDs, sure. That's it's job. RAID specifically. RAID has multiple drives linked together in whatever array you have set, so all drives will be active at all times. Individually? That would come down to testing. As it is now, I don't see the fan as a huge problem at all. I still have old X48 chipset motherboards with chipset fans that STILL function flawlessly to this day. And those chipsets were like 23w compared to the 14w we have now.

>Endlessly rambling about things he saw at press events.
>Actually benches 3 whole games, only gives actual data on 2 of them
>No Super cards to compare it with. Vague speculation about how they stack up.
Shit review.

For those of you who are new to PC building, do not buy Intel. There are people in these threads that are purposely trying to get you to buy Intel because they are fucking asshole trolls.

really doubt that the 3800x is actually worth it, you can make the argument in the 3600 vs 3600x because the later comes with a better cooler but i don't see the value of the 3800x over the 3700x, still no benchmarks so you can wait and see.

When people talk about 3600MHz are they meaning buying 3600 rated sticks or just OCing something like a 3200MHz to 3600?
Because 3600C16 isn't really "budget" to buy.

So basically, if I understand, the 2060 Super will make the 2070 obsolete, but that doesn't matter because I should get the RTX 5700 XT which trumps them all.
And someone said I'll need to get a new monitor for the picture to display correctly or will I be able to use my 60hz ones with the amd card?

if you have the money, the 3900X is better all around. AMD this time isn't doing binning for low end other than specific use case. I.e. the 3700X is a 65w package. AMD is making it so their top end chips will always be able to be faster clocked.For instance the 3900X will clock higher AND have 12c24t compared to 8c16t. Expect the 3950X in september to also be better. As for 3800X vs 3700X, no, I wouldn't bother. There's a reason AMD didn't send any to reviewers to bench.
here.
pcpartpicker.com/list/Vp8f3b
That power supply is both a shit model from a meh brand, and too expensive. Also stick with the Crucial drive, it's great and reliable. I'm not so sure about Inland and Adata's reliability.

Attached: intel matters.jpg (403x763, 117K)

are there any Jow Forums SSD tier lists like pic related

Attached: 2ya0Pt1.png (3295x2108, 1.79M)

best reviewer?
YES
or
no?

Attached: download (1).jpg (247x204, 6K)

What mobo and ram do I get with my 3700x

I bought pic related.

Attached: X570-Ace.png (998x886, 824K)

>OS
Corsair Force MP510
>Secondary bulk storage & games
Intel 660p
>QLC
QLC is fine for reads which is what bulk storage and games will 99% of the time be using

pcpartpicker.com/list/gFGyJ8

here's a potential upgrade from an i5 4750 I plan on doing. Disregard the case, fan, SSD, GPU; its stuff I already have, just checking for compatibility. also my current PSU is 500W Bronze if that matters. I was wondering if I can go cheaper on the motherboard, but I have no clue about that stuff.

How well would an ASRock AB350M Pro4 handle a 3600? It got the BIOS update required to support Ryzen 2 processors and I don't want to get a new motherboard unless I absolutely have to.

That list is extremely out of date. There is a guy who actually (unironically speaking) knows his shit, NewMaxx.

ssd.borecraft.com/SSD_Buying_Guide.pdf

ssd.borecraft.com/SSD_Buying_Guide_List.pdf

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B27_j9NDPU3cNlj2HKcrfpJKHkOf-Oi1DbuuQva2gT4/edit#gid=0

Someone who cares enough make the first PDF an image, maybe I will.