/fugg/ - Now with 5% more suggestions Edition

The purpose of this thread is to provide alternatives for the google products/services.

Main goal: liberate yourself from the digital version of 'Brave New World/1984'

>Recommended search engines:
Qwant, Startpage, Searx, Yandex, DuckDuckGo

>Email:
Cock.li
Tutanota
Protonmail
mailinabox.email (easy to setup self-hosted email)

>Cloud Storage/Notes, Contacts, Calendar:
Self-hosting your own NextCloud is your best bet for this but if you lack the knowledge or resources there's nextcloud.com/providers/ and disroot.org for a limited free option, you could use NextClouds p2p encryption feature or cryptomator to keep your files safe on a 3rd party server but that won't cover the motes, contacts or calendar sync

>Video Hosting:
youtube-dl + RSS for subscriptions for a YouTube experience that gets rid of at least some of googles tracking, invidio.us for a more ez-mode approach, dtube is also an option if you want to avoid YouTube altogether

>Smartphone:
Flash an AOSP rom like lineageOS without the proprietary google play services addon, Flash MicroG if you need an app that requires play services, SnailfishOS is an okay option, Avoid iOS that's moving from one proprietary walled garden to another

>Android apps:
F-Droid
Yalp/Aurora store (play store mirrors)
Adaway
AFWall+
Nesteps
Clover/Kuroba :^)
Newpipe (YouTube alternative)

>Recommended browsers:
GNU/Icecat, Palemoon, Ungoogled-Chromium, Brave
If you're going to use (or use already) Firefox or a fork follow the instructions over on www.privacytools.io/browsers/ for some extra browser hardening steps

And thanks to the user who posted this template on a degoogle thread a while back

Attached: future-of-internet-privacy.jpg (640x423, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gstatic.com/recaptcha/api2/v1561357937155/recaptcha__en.js';var
archive.is/9wR4O
archive.is/N2qe8
archive.is/qntuk
rbt.asia/g/thread/71698703/#q71699260
kiwifarms.net/threads/banned-from-brave-publishing.57392/#post-4847263
s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1558/26/1558266646624.png
servers.opennic.org/
eprint.iacr.org/2018/1121.pdf#section.6
reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/6wdena/how_does_protonmail_suspend_accounts_associated/
privacytools.io/browsers/
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
google.com/search?q=How can I benchmark 2 browser speeds
youtube.com/watch?v=ElI91qsVjGc
bromite.org/
wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Software/Desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

based thread
based
fuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggg

/* PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THIS CODE. */(function(){var CFG='___grecaptcha_cfg';if(!window[CFG]){window[CFG]={};}var GR='grecaptcha';if(!window[GR]){window[GR]={};}window[GR].ready=window[GR].ready||function(f){(window[CFG]['fns']=window[CFG]['fns']||[]).push(f);};(window[CFG]['render']=window[CFG]['render']||[]).push('onload');window['__google_recaptcha_client']=true;var po=document.createElement('script');po.type='text/javascript';po.async=true;po.src='gstatic.com/recaptcha/api2/v1561357937155/recaptcha__en.js';var elem=document.querySelector('script[nonce]');var n=elem&&(elem['nonce']||elem.getAttribute('nonce'));if(n){po.setAttribute('nonce',n);}var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);})();

You really shouldn't suggest cock.li, especially that high. Shit isn't private at all and goes down randomly/gets raided.

Cockmail is a nice starting point for alternative email services. Lets you mess around and laugh at all the w-w-wacky domain names before you calm down and check out Protonmail.

>>Cloud Storage/Notes, Contacts, Calendar:
I dont know about contacts and calendar, but for self hosting an SSH server with SSHFS on your client machine is far easier than NextCloud. It just mounts your remote server as local.

>Video Hosting:
Grab all the videos from youtube with JDownloader, is GUI and lets you grab entire playlists. Then upload it to a Peertube instance or host one yourself. Peertube has already some people in it.

>Yandex
>DDG
>Cock.li
>Protonmail
>Brave
The whole purpose of this is to escape the botnet right? Then you're doing it wrong. These "offer" security, but spend 5 minutes researching them yourself and you'll see how they're still tracking you. I've never heard of Tutanota so I have no opinion on it, but based on your other suggestions it's probably compromised as well.

>Yandex N.V. is a Russian multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related products and service
'nuff said

>DDG
archive.is/9wR4O
archive.is/N2qe8
archive.is/qntuk
Also (((Weinberg)))

>Cock.li
Is hosted by a Jow Forums-tard. If you trust the average Jow Forums user with all your emails then go right ahead and use it. Not bad as a throwaway though.

>Protonmail
rbt.asia/g/thread/71698703/#q71699260

>Brave
kiwifarms.net/threads/banned-from-brave-publishing.57392/#post-4847263
s2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1558/26/1558266646624.png

What should I be using as a DNS other than 1.1.1.1 ?

servers.opennic.org/ or dnscrypt

Also 1.1.1.1 doesn't support archive.is lole

>Also (((Weinberg)))
?

Attached: weinbergeinsteinwitz.png (656x345, 54K)

ok but why did you write weinberg like that

It's a meme you dip

hes a jew

You are either new or pretending

I recommend Tutanota, it's very good. Protonmail not really, since they can log your shit on-the-fly if needed, as they showed when a guy was using their VPN services for DDoS purposes.

Having a smartphone without Gapps is great if, IF, you have a good Lineage port for your device.

About search engines, I personally recommended to setup a separate profile for searches and just use everything. DDG is almost good, but it's a USA based service, therefore can't be trusted if you're totally paranoid about that. Qwant and Searx are terrible, and Yandex shouldn't even be here.

I don't know much about Cloud Storage, but you're safe as long as you encrypt your files before uploading. Don't trust their encryption, you should always do that by yourself.

F-Droid sucks, Yalp/Aurora had their search function broken last time I checked. Try Apkmirror if you're not autist about "only open source allowed!!".

Newpipe is terrible, just go with Youtube Vanced instead. You don't need to log-in to use, if you're crazy, use a VPN.

About browsers on both pc and phone: STICK WITH FIREFOX. There are a shitton of tips to harden your browser security at privacytools.io, and they ARE good enough. Keep using those shit forks if you want, just don't cry when all your options turn into Chromium-based software.

>Protonmail
You have no proof it's compromised and neither does anyone else.

See Also eprint.iacr.org/2018/1121.pdf#section.6
And reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/6wdena/how_does_protonmail_suspend_accounts_associated/

This is proof enough to not trust it.

Do you guys trust tutanota enough to sign up on other sites with accounts with credit cards / bank accounts / personal identity attached?
My outlook account got heavily compromised last week and I pretty much abandoned it. Temporarily situated myself on gmail for the time being and I'm trying to find an alternative

>Tutanota
no. developed and hosted in germany, a country, that does not respect privacy any more and is about to fight online anonymity and is already blacklisting people for "wrong think".

i use protonmail for over three years without any problem and i qualify as a political dissident in my home country. just don't use shit like "atomwaffendivision_soldat_88" as address and you'll be fine.

Like I said these "offer" security, but if the point is to escape the botnet, you're doing it wrong.

Is brave browser really a botner? I like the control it gives me over the adds, scripts, and such, and it supposedly does not store úser info on its servers. It also feels a bit faster than chrome and firefox, and the new tab photos are dope. Is it true? Should I switch to hardened firefox?

>constantly shills threads on Jow Forums
>bans users who disagree politically
Gee I wonder.

I dont care that much about that to be honest, but I do care about speed, my info not being shared, and and control over ads, scripts and tracker. The fact that it comes with Tor is a plus, too. I will look into what you say, though

Then just use Firefox.
>b-but SJWs ruined cuckzilla
Literally the same people who develop Brave.
>b-but it's slower
It really isn't.

I dont care about sjw shit either, desu. I guess I will give it a second chance, even though I must insist it does feel a bit faster than firefox. Guess I will have to device some kind of benchmark

See privacytools.io/browsers/ and follow the full guide if you care about privacy. Also Brave doesn't have about:config so half of the guide doesn't even work for it.

What's the option do we have for browsers on android?
Chrome is absolute botneterasu.
IceCat mobile is broken.

There isn't, I've seriously went through about 30 (not joking) browsers. The only privacy focused ones are too slow, or miss too many features. Unironically Brave is the best one for android, just don't use it as a desktop browser.

Brave is faster simply because it's chrome based. But, it's adblocker is useless compared to uBlock Origin, it's fingerprint protection doesn't work (only Firefox and forks have working anti-fingerprinting) so Tor tabs are useless on it, and the "muh optional ads" system is useless bloat.
But, the browser has much lower telemetry than Mozilla Firefox. Still, Firefox can be fully de-botnetted. Look up librefox or spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html

Brave, IceCat or Fennec Fdroid.
IceCat works fine after you remove all the default addons. And browsing becomes much better when you install uBO and disable 3rd party scripts and/or just disable js by default.

I turned off all apps from google is it possible to disable google play and google play service or something stops working?
You need log-in in Youtube Vanced to watch +18 videos

>Brave is faster simply because it's chrome based.
chromium* based, and so is the latest Firefox.

Read the OP.

How can I benchmark 2 browser speeds?

I know but I can't install other rom on this phone.

google.com/search?q=How can I benchmark 2 browser speeds

It is your responsibility to encrypt your emails. You can not trust a third party for this. Cock.li says this out loud, while others pretend to be private.

>latest firefox is chromium based
No it isn't

>chromium* based, and so is the latest Firefox.
The fuck are you talking about? Firefox isn't chrome based.

Ackshually it heavily relies on a lot of chromium's features after they rewrote the engine, thereby making it chromium based.

chromium*

Chromium is chrome based because Google makes all decisions. There's literally no difference.

Attached: file.png (1294x478, 151K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ElI91qsVjGc
subtle

I probably would have switched from Protonmail to Tutanota except it's run by 2.5 people and it doesn't work with Thunderbird. I need my calendar.

Startmail works with Thunderbird, seems alright. I'll just stick with PM for now and see how they both develop.

bromite.org/

Graphical Google alternatives:

GNOME Maps
>interface for Open Street maps. GPS, directions, route planning
>Linux

OsmAnd+
>Offline OpenStreetMaps with GPS for Android

OSM for Windows desktop
>dig around in here and see what you find: wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Software/Desktop

GTK Youtube Viewer
>search function, has thumbnails, video descriptions, like and view counts, upload dates, alternative download method to youtube-dl, can save channels for future viewing
>Linux

FreeTube
>Youtube Viewer for winf...riends

Youtube-DLG
>graphical frontend for youtube-dl. Less fiddly for selecting video quality than the command line version, normie-friendly
>both command line and GUI have a Windows version
>usable on many different websites

Instantmusic
>command line Youtube mp3 fetcher. Can search based on lyrics alone.
>Can't remember the name of a song? Don't google it. Instantmusic the lyrics.
>Windows version appears to exist or to have existed

give this one a quick rundown

I just reflashed Sony stock firmware on my XA2 because lineageOS kept getting into boot loops after a while, SailfishOS is not usable in its current state and building AOSP is just to much of a hassle.
This of course isn't ideal, but what can I do to minimize the fallout until librem 5 comes out? Is there some tool that breaks everything google on stock firmware?

nevermind I can't live with the stock rom. There are already applications from facebook and amazon preinstalled. I have to find another way. I suppose I have to live with reinstalling lineage all couple of days for now.

Lightning

I switched to startpage and I already miss jewgle for it's superior results. FUG. Hosting a searx instance is just too much trouble, and all the popular ones have google disabled.

Also reminder that you're FUCKED if you still don't have a pass.

Attached: googleleak.png (512x148, 14K)

YaCy is another search engine, is self hosted and decentralized

a "botnet" exploits and sell your data and online behaviour, how is protonmail doing any of that?

>Qwant, Startpage, Searx, Yandex, DuckDuckGo
>
what about Ecosia. I want to feel good about myself while browsing

this. encrypt everything, or DIY with selfhosted email.
never trust security as a service