>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming (dGPU optional).
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value especially used
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R7 3700X - High end, higher FPS. 3900X/9900k is better in some games, but generally only with a 2080Ti @ 1080p.
>R9 3900X - Gaming+Streaming/Extreme Productivity

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps or for more demanding games
>RX 5700 - high FPS (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games
>RTX 2080ti - Highest possible frames, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070 Super OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi launch drivers have issues, particularly with OCing. Wait for non-blowers if considering the XT. 5700 blower is fine, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>AM4 VRM chart: imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>A 256GB+ SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>NVMe don't give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy

rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 2019_7-7_Navi_Perfper$_1440p.png (500x970, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xanxogaming.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-review-en-espanol-destronando-al-intel-core-i9-9900k/#Problemas_con_el_lanzamiento_Codigo_AGESA_1003_y_errores_WHEA_PCI_Express_en_tarjetas_NVIDIA_GeForce
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-2015-4-Storage-Optimization-854/
pugetsystems.com/all_articles.php?filter[]=Premiere Pro
pugetsystems.com/all_articles.php?filter[]=DaVinci Resolve
teamgroupinc.com/en/catalog/act.php?act=2&index_id=123
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

4.6ghz when?

Plz Amazon! Gibs X570 and 3900x — the waiting is murder.

buy the 3600

Continuing the benchmarks, before on a 4.5ghz i5-2500k

Attached: cinebench.png (352x781, 41K)

>Nvidia releases "new" GPUs
>they're just as poor value as their current ones

And after with the 3700x i got earlier today. Right now im piss tired and cant figure out how this fucking MSI bios can get the ram speed right.
Hopefully tomorrow someone would have posted a guide or something on some other on a less autstic chinese shitposting image bulletin.

Attached: cinebench2.png (346x789, 43K)

will cmos reset if i just tap the jumpers but not hold them for 5 seconds?

Which monitors should I go with? I need 144hz and under 200 bucks each. 1080p or 1440p is what I am after. No curve.

Most the of zen2 benchmarks seems to be all over the place. Linus has the 3900x being the superior cpu in gaming whereas Bitwit has the 9900k still holding the crown.

Whats better about the 12 core other than the higher clockspeed?

Attached: 1560126701180.jpg (666x836, 160K)

Reposting here, didn't see new thread:
What's the PSU size that's gonna be needed for 3700x + 5700xt? I was gonna grab a supernova 650w, but I'm not 100% sure.

And then there guru3D and steve on GN. My guess is that certain motherboard vendors are way behind on bios and the ones that are getting ahead are asking reviewers to use Ryzen Master instead of the bios.

Attached: untitled-24.png (712x947, 67K)

Any reason I shouldn't buy an MSI Godlike?

Yeah that should be fine

the number of cores obviously
probably binning and the like

how long for partner rx 5700s to come out

guru3d is using a x570 mbso its more "precise" since the bios mess with other mb i believe
but yeah pretty much what you said, at the moment mobo+bios are huge factor for these early tests

But that's the mystery aint it, Which fucking x570 model, the name of which guru decided to omit from their review.

A month

The Asus X570 WS Ace exists.

HP - 25x 24.5" LED FHD Monitor

Woot constantly has the refurbished down to 130 and BestBuy does see the it in new occasionally 185 every couple months. Right now Woot has it on sale.
Side bezels are tiny and the weird buttom has green LEDs that are easy to turn off.

Meant for

Got an X570 Taichi and a 3900x as an upgrade for my r5 1400, gonna be legit

Why get this when they can't even post what ram they support on their website?

Attached: ahh.jpg (2319x1546, 275K)

I have a semi-decent gaming build (Ryzen 7 2700X, Geforce RTX 2060, Samsung 970 Pro m.2 SSD) which is currently powering three screens -- two on my desk and a 20' HDMI cable leading to a 50" panel in my living room.

I want to put together a computer SOLELY to use as a media center for that 50" panel, which is 4k resolution. I know that the recommended graphics cards in the OP say "minimum for 4k," "best for 4k," etc., but I also realize that those are guidelines for GAMING, and don't really apply to playing video files.

What are the specs I should be looking at for the computer I want to build, if I want to do it as inexpensively as possible?

So is 2x16gb of CL17 3600mhz a better choice for 32gb than 4x8gb of CL16 3600mhz? I haven't really gotten clear answers as to whether 2 sticks of larger memory is better than the same spread over 4 sticks.

Best mobo for a 2600x? I'm too poor to change the cpu again right now. Is asus prime x470 any good?

Attached: 1562343224709.png (638x638, 770K)

I have never had a problem with any Asus product, and my current mobo is Asus, although not that model.

Dual channel is always better than quad channel.

Cool. So I'm better off getting as low CAS latency as possible on two sticks. Thanks very much.

Are there any mice like the Corsair M65 Pro?

No it's not. More channels is better. You have no idea what you're saying and that it's not what you think you're saying.

b450 tomahawk

Investigate your target use case specifically to see whether it makes a difference in real world situations and then pick best value

Doesn't matter, just take 2 if possible because it is simpler and takes up less space.

Attached: memory benchmark.jpg (718x589, 109K)

Current build:
>i5-2500k
>GTX1070

I bought a 2700x and b450 Crosshair 7 over the weekend because there was a sale.

I'm realizing my cpu runs total war: 3 kingdoms fine and that hitman 2 is just poorly optimized. Should I just return the CPU and Mobo? My room is getting super hot with fancy gaming.

>More channels is better.
Are you saying it's better to have four sticks of memory rather than two?

Gaming basically. I like the idea of having 32gb to be lazy as fuck with tab management, but at the end of the day if 16gb 2x8 is faster, I will prioritise speed.

Any good deals on Intel cpu's? Don't even bother recommending me AMD shit.

wait for your favs to cut prices in response to the 3000s

Any rec for a cpu to pair up the 2070 Super? Eventually I'll get to overclocking.

Best x470 motherboard?

>x570 nowhere to be seen
>Nobody but macacos reviewed 3400g
>Very few videos on zen2 in comparison to how hyped it was
>Nobody hypes PCI express 4
>No 3600g
It's just a stage in between zen and am5 zen right?

Is it time to replace my 4790k with a 3700X or can I hold off for a few more years?

You might want to wait a year or two if intel are really bad about getting 10nm off the ground and then just get the 10nm.
It depends on what your performance is like with the 4790k at the minute.
What's your GPU and monitor resolution?

>No it's not. More channels is better. You have no idea what you're saying and that it's not what you think you're saying.
This may be so but I am only finding difference in a select few application or average gaymer or Joe would have no use for.

Maybe just get 2x8gb.
Then you have room for upgrade further down the line.
Most people agree that by the time 32gb become the recommended ddr5 will be out and everyone will be upgrading. No point future proofing.

Total war should run like shit on your old CPU.

>What's your GPU and monitor resolution?
7950 and large 4k monitor
It's not bad, feeling a bit slow if I boot up too many vms (more than 8). The spec/meltdown mitigations really slowed things down noticeably.
Mostly, I'm tempted by the increased core count in the new Ryzens.
I don't play games any more, mostly used as a workstation.

can someone explain to me why blower fan cards exist? it seems like they are always the hottest/noisiest cards. why don't companies just immediately launch open air cards?

I get the feeling you're right. Will DDR5 work with existing CPUs and mobos or is that for the X670 and 4000s?

Oh, well if you're a worker and not looking for gaming performance then yes the 3000s are a no brainer over the 9000s.

>3700x and all of the cheaper x570s are out of stock
well that was fast. how long do you guys think until this all restocks?

plenty of reviews used x570 boards. if you want specific motherboard focused reviews then you're dumb for expecting it day 1
>Nobody hypes PCI express 4
Because almost nobody has a use for it

pls respond

>Will DDR5 work with existing CPUs and mobos or is that for the X670 and 4000s?
That would all be speculation but what is for sure is that it's highly unlikely any of the current mobos will support it solely by the fact that ddr5 will have such high bandwidth. That's not even considering they my use a different slot like ddr3 and ddr4.

Anyone?

>will cmos reset if i just tap the jumpers but not hold them for 5 seconds?
This sounds silly. What does your manual say? Pretty sure the jumpers are suppose to move from one side to the other than back. What's tapping to do with anything?
Anyways you could test it yourself.

its AMD telling people like me not to buy their cards even though my nvidia died and im desperate for a replacement right now

Really feels like they launch these things just so one of their newer gpu products is listed on PC storefronts. By the time the normal coolers come out, the supers will be long released and going on 10% off sales

I edit video for my company. Will an NVME SSD help. I’m also an engineer and use engineering software.

Are NVME SSDs a meme? Who uses them?

because blowers are good engineering
the concept of an open air cooler in a closed case is flawed; all you're doing is pushing air around and hoping it gets exhausted eventually somewhere
it's just poor design
that's why pretty much all reference cards are blowers

>unironically waiting for someone to wait for Intel when AMD has great chips now
LMAO

DDR5 is the same pin count as DDR5. Might not require new boards. Will almost surely still be AM4 but AMD might do a thing like they did with blocking PCIe 4.0 support on older boards.
For PCIe 4.0 the reason was that it didn't work well on some boards due to poor quality traces.

The thing is that DDR5 is effectively no different than overclocked DDR4. AMD currently has DDR4 5000MHz+ demonstrated on Zen2.
DDR5 just uses ~15% less power.
I can't help but feel the 2:1 mode moving to mainstream and all AMD has shown with Zen2 and fast RAM is just preperation for DDR5.
And if they can run DDR4 5000MHz+ on current boards (4200MHz "easily"), there shouldn't really be anything preventing DDR5 5200 from running on them.

200GE iGPU will do 4x 4k screens as far as I'm aware. At least the 2200G does and I don't think the 200GE iGPU is artificually gimped when it comes to video output and decoding.
Just make sure the board has outputs which support 4k@60.

The RX 5700 noise levels are near identical to the 2060 FE. So it's actually BETTER considering it's that quiet yet also doesn't dump air into your case.
It's only the XT you shouldn't use the blower on as it's not good enough for that hotter chip.

NVMe are useful for people doing 4k/8k video editing, 8k rendering, large servers with lots of VMs.
budget NVMe like the SX8200 or inland premiums are also decent alternative to high end SATA SSDs like the MX500 and 860 Evo.

>it's just poor design
Why does it work better with less noise then?

Dont buy AMD Cpus they are bugged as always.
xanxogaming.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-review-en-espanol-destronando-al-intel-core-i9-9900k/#Problemas_con_el_lanzamiento_Codigo_AGESA_1003_y_errores_WHEA_PCI_Express_en_tarjetas_NVIDIA_GeForce
>cant boost properly with current bios
>pcie/whea errors with nvidia cards
What a joke. Intel would never have such problems.

because you put together a case with good airflow and sufficient intake and exhaust
the gpu manufacturer can't predict that you will do that though

NVMe SSD will help as a media cache & scratch drive. Video editor on a separate drive (can be SATA SSD) + NVMe for cache/scratch is the ideal setup.
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-2015-4-Storage-Optimization-854/

It's a few years old but the principle remains the same.

5000$, heavy video editing (Adobe Premiere, Davinci Resolve). Any ideas?

>>unironically waiting for someone to wait for Intel when AMD has great chips now
He said himself he was considering waiting, and with the idea that he was not fully yet sold on ryzen 3000 I presumed it was for game performance and told him that waiting for the 10nm might be worth it if he could stomach what he had now from his GPU. When he said he wanted a workstation I endorsed the Ryzen 3000s.

Thanks for the take on the DDR5 though.

Do you have a content creation grade monitor already?

pugetsystems.com/all_articles.php?filter[]=Premiere Pro
pugetsystems.com/all_articles.php?filter[]=DaVinci Resolve

Do you think ddr4 will become as cheap as ddr3 are now, with the release of ddr5?
I'm trying to figure out when to update my i5 2500. I'd certainly would like apu and 1050 tier GPU. Waiting for am5 seems reasonable button the other hand 2500 feels slower than my laptop with i3. I need a working pc for graphics.

The manual says to short the jumper for 5 seconds or remove the battery for 30. It's too late for me to bother right now and the cpu isnt even in it. I'm at my wits end with the board and I figured this would be the last thing I could try since I only tapped the jumper instead of holding for 5 seconds.

Why do professional reviewers consistently say blower cards are worse then?

>720p
Who the fuck cares?

Wait . Intel is said to cut prices by 20% . I already sAw a 9700k for 360 euro

brainlet

whats with ryzun availability in Europe, day after launch still 0 in stores
baka

Attached: 523532.jpg (1836x1836, 723K)

>based Intel working board manufacturers and NVIDIA to gimp AMD performance.

>AMD said to test with 1.0.0.2, board manufacturers suddenly send out 1.0.0.3

>NVIDIA drivers monthly update unusually positioned

Up to their old tricks, I see.

Not him, but what exactly is it you're waiting for if you need a work PC?
Why not just budget it and be done with it?

because professional reviewers are probably pretty good at putting together a case with sufficient airflow

Does Ryzen 3700x actually exist or was it a meme? No stores have it

Attached: 1554768048965.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

In the U.S they're nonexistent.

everything sold out my dude
3900x sold out in 15 minutes everywhere

Based. Well done AMD, best way to sell your product is don't fucking make any. Guess I'll buy an AR15 this week instead.

im planning to upgrade from my old trusty friend phenom 965 to the new platform but my biggest question is
i have a coolermaster v6gt, this thing was meant for am2/3 era stuff, can i install this on am4 boards without issues?
reading some reviews i noticed this new gen of cpus doesnt need thermal paste, why is that? do they want to you to buy expensive heatsinks or what?
why is memory speed and lantecy a big deal this time around?
heres my planned build
>ryzen 5 3600(whenever it appears again on stock)
>msi 450 tomahawk( i read that msi is /pcbg/ friendly and this one is the cheapest with bios flash without cpu)
>team ddr4 16gb (2x8gb) 3200MHz tuf vulcan
not sure about the memories but
>teamgroupinc.com/en/catalog/act.php?act=2&index_id=123
seems to be the cheapest 8gb*2 set with 3200 support where i live( i read that it reaches 3600mhz with slower latency)

So you're saying blower cards are only "better" if you're an idiot who can't choose a case and fans with sufficient airflow?
Do you have data for what amount of lower airflow or what have you at which a blower card becomes a better prospect than a fan card? And how relevant would you say it is for the consumer market when there are so many options such as pre-chosen build guides and pre-built PCs for beginners and casuals to end up with cases with good airflow?

A "low tier" computer is 1.5-2 months of saving for me. I want it to last at least next few years. I'm sopa macaco tier poor.
>Work
I'm a student too.

has anyone tried running a new ryzen in a b350 yet?

>3700x is $519 in Oz
Fucking jews. I will probably still get it anyway. Not like I have anything else to spend money on.

It would help to have an actual number, currency, and country.

>check game compatability in AMD drivers
>it's actually a "shill me your products page"
LOOK AT THIS the recommend a radeon 7 for hollow knight!
HOLY FUCKING SHILLS

Attached: game compatability.jpg (1925x2073, 357K)

>and told him that waiting for the 10nm
It's been nearly a decade of waiting.
Are you seriously still telling them to just wait?

The battery should take 5 minutes minimum. You should also drain the power by holding the power button down with the plug out.
Take the battery out and wait 10mins.

Unless you need it RIGHT NOW sit on it for a bit
Computer Alliance had them up for 467 last night low stocked

>recommend a radeon 7 for hollow knight
lol

I won't be doing my build till September ish so hopefully another sale like that happens.

Yeah, look at the image, they reccomend radeon 7 for fucking hollow knight, need that 1000fps I guess, and even a link to amazon to buy their products.
Fucking hell.

>buy our most powerful card goyi- gamer!
>oh did I mention that vega is legacy hardware for compute workloads now

Are you seriously saying you don't expect them to have the 10nm released by 2021? Do you believe they will ever release it?

Not him but Intel has been saying 10nm will be released by next year for 4 years now.