Is there any excuse for an OS to be bigger than 500MB...

Is there any excuse for an OS to be bigger than 500MB? Why don't they optimize and reduce the code to make it more agile and efficient instead of letting bloat runaway?

Attached: 1558504197034.png (500x410, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tinycorelinux.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's all drivers and userland software.

tinycorelinux.net/

also, make your own

TempleOS 2mb

you're talking out of your ass. you can only reduce code so much. some people want more and specific features in their os. bloat is subjective.

Gabriel Tenma white master race

Then what fucking os does the creator of that pic recommend?
Why is linux or gnu autistic?

The point is they are all shit.

i thought gnu was modifyable and the best of em al?? everyone here is chilling it, and now it's suddenly autistic ?

>trannux
>fun

It always has been shitty and autistic , it just so happens to be less shitty and more autistic than windows.

>android OS
>6GB

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 6K)

bloatdroid

Attached: 0Oz1lDOq5_1.jpg (1100x978, 95K)

>Raphiel as my favorite OS
am ok with that not gonna lie

It‘s 2019 and we have terabyte SSDs. There‘s no reason to optimize for size and nobody cares about autistic teenager‘s obsession with „bloat“.

yes i also want my code to be full of dead ends and spyware

t. retard who would prefer a calculator with just a plus symbol over a graphing calculator just because it cuts out the bloat

>i dont want something clunky and unusable courtesy of unnecesary code
>immediately means i would deprecate myself im favour of muh minimalism and bloat

that is correct.

But every modern OS is less than 500 MB. Usually like 120 MB, around 400 MB with a GUI.

FPBP.

Use the tool for the job.

Just answer me this question: Do you think GNU tools are bloat?

ever worked on developing os? no? then how about you shut your dick trap m80 cause being retarded is fun and all, but at your lvl its just sad and annoying. learn some moderation.

I've built 2 MB Linux kernels. Could go lower than that.
fpbp

It is literally not a priority now when storage is so cheap. Do you think any normies will care about the os storage requirements?

>5.7
How?

Attached: Screenshot_20190708-145540.png (1080x2160, 109K)

I wish I knew how. I would make it as minimal as possible.

Depends on the use case but yes, code these days is not optimized.

>more agile
SOLD!

Attached: 1435215472927.jpg (2048x1365, 295K)

OpenBSD may just be just for you :^)