How in the world of FUCK is Skype for Linux 300MB?

How in the world of FUCK is Skype for Linux 300MB?

How the FUCK is this acceptable?

Attached: file.png (1157x713, 312K)

enjoy your botnet

it's like 60MB for Windows
the other 240MB is all the spyware they put in it for Linux

who the FUCK cares? if you're not some poor piece of shit loser 300MB isn't even 0.001% of your available storage space and memory.

firejail'd
I don't worry. But it's rather infuriating that an ENTIRE FUCKING WEB BROWSER takes only a third of space compared to a simple IM.

Big oof.

I kinda am.

This happens when programs are forced to statically compile every single library because linux on the desktop is fragmented shit.
Since every single distro has to be treated as basically a completely different OS to avoid issues.
Linux on the desktop only really works if you have the source to every single program you want to use.

That kinda bullshit. Why not just release a list of required libraries it's linked against, and be done with it?

Besides, it's the package maintainer's job to make it work on a particular distro, no?

Since Linux is such a pice of unrealiable shit they need to put an entire browser just to make it barely work, thank them for actually supporting your shitty OS

>unreliable
I've had *zero* crashes over the last few years of running it, aside from the required reboots to update the kernel (which I could skip with kexec).

>they need to put an entire browser just to make it barely work
That's *their* fault, not the system's. If they had hired competent programmers, this wouldn't be an issue - in fact, all they'd really have to do is compile a single library that would handle logging in, messaging, and video calls for their protocol. Not even an entire application - just a library. Then we'd plug it into pidgin, and done, Skype on Linux.

But instead they opted for this fucking bullshit.

the shit required to run it is included in windows which is 20 gigabytes at least nowadays
gnu/linux is around 4 gigabytes on average and you can image skype uses some non free shit to run

instead of kvetching and using bad software you can do yourself a favour and install qtox

ask microsoft, proprietard

I need Skype for business - there's no way I can get random leads/prospects to install qTox just so I can call and try to sell them goods and services.

Because library versions are incompatible and generally cannot coexist. Some have done the extra work for proper versioning but it's a crapshoot.

Dumb nigger monkeys don't know how to write programs.

So shut the fuck up and use it then. If you have no other option, why the fuck are you here shitting the board up with your tears?

Why would someone get so mad on the internet ?

It says right there it's for linux betas.
Just accept it like the beta you are.

I bet it has chrome inside.

>Skype for business
Wtf, is this 2008? I thought you needed skype so you can chat with your grandma.

You ever use LinkedIn to prospect and sell stuff?
Most people there, particularly of the older generation, only know how to use Skype and their actual phone numbers.

What stuff do you sell?

Growth/ scaling prep programs for accountants/ CPAs.

Basically helping people with small businesses get hiring, workflow, and time management right.

Use the web based version

This is the power of electron.
This is what web devs want. This is what we're leaving behind for zoomers and we're expecting them to know better.

Ejnoy electron-based IM

He already ist ;)

Bought SIP for skype poverty

it secret installs windows 95 somewhere hidden just to fuck with linux cucks

I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

iptel.org or self host sip server + whatever client you want

zoomers probably coded that fucking cancer to begin with.

The botnet stuff is already built-in in Windows, so they don't need to include it with the program.

Electron has been around before zoomers were able to code. I think it comes from web devs who are salty that they can't into any other language than JavaScript.

The future is an OS that's just a huge web browser and runs electron apps "natively", I'm calling it.

Maybe, for normies.

And that's why gentoo is the superior linux distro. If it builds, it works.

>I think it comes from web devs who are salty that they can't into any other language than JavaScript.
not surprising at all.

Need to run Slack, Skype, and Discord at the same time to communicate with different people? That'll be 1.2 GB of RAM please, plus tip

justlinuxthings:tm:

>I'm retarded
It's because you use electron for literally anything, idiots. Mumble uses over 60% less RAM than discord, uNetBootin uses 75% less resources than Etcher, tox and most XMPP clients use over 50% less resources than Wire/WhatsApp, etc. All those RAM hoggers are made in electron, which is garbage and just a barely lighter and modified chrome tab. All that software is made by garbage devs. Stop using garbage and webapps.

when i run discord, skype and other messaging apps on both windows and macos they don't even take up 300mb of ram.

Emojis
They are pictures afterall

Vendor lock /thread