>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming (dGPU optional).
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value especially used
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R7 3700X - High end, higher FPS. 3900X/9900k is better in some games, but generally only with a 2080Ti @ 1080p.
>R9 3900X - Gaming+Streaming/Extreme Productivity

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps or for more demanding games
>RX 5700 - high FPS (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games
>RTX 2080ti - Highest possible frames, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070 Super OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi launch drivers have issues, particularly with OCing. Wait for non-blowers if considering the XT. 5700 blower is fine, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>AM4 VRM chart: imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>A 256GB+ SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>NVMe don't give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy

rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 1562530015828.png (632x590, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xanxogaming.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-review-english-dethroning-the-intel-core-i9-9900k/#Product_launch_problems_AGESA_Code_and_WHEA_PCI_Express_errors_on_NVIDIA_GeForce_cards
twitter.com/andreif7/status/1148170909322293248?s=09
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck AMD

fuck Intel

Will it be better to go with 16x2 3200mhz than 8x4 3600mhz? I can't find any 16gb 3600 sticks at a good price

I'm in Europe and two months ago after selling my old pc I bought a b450 carbon from MSI to use for a month with a 2600x I returned after 30 days, to then just get a Zen 2 chip.

My cousin is coming for summer holidays from the States in a week and he could bring me a CPU for cheaper, thing is the 3700x ran out everywhere, and I'm tempted for a 9700k. It'd be only 365$ ~ 380$ with tax which is less than what I'd pay here for a 3700x. The only problem is I'd be stuck and would have to try to sell my b450 mobo, not sure how hard that'd be. I only play CS so wouldn't lose much on having no SMT.

REEEEEEEE I can't decide man, kill me.

Define c or Meshify?

My first time building a PC, do i need anything else? what's the best guide to putting all this together and make the pc work?

mostly for games at 1080p

budget is 700 euros the cheaper the better

i already have a monitor

Attached: 1.jpg (321x833, 52K)

Can we have two different /pcbg/ threads?
One for the welfare recipient gaymers who want to put together a piece of shit with AMD hardware and those of us with class and cash to buy actual well built hardware that will perform?
Thanks.

forgot to say, already have a SSD as well

fuck you

Define c

You have the motherboard, so stick with the plan.

samefag

is there any cheap motherboard to pair with 9700k?

That motherboard needs a bios update to work with Ryzen 3000 and you can't update it without a CPU, other than that looks fine.

How often do you usually update cpu and gpu?

Intel is for diseased third worlders.

cry more, faggot

Attached: drone.png (554x308, 30K)

Reminder that AMD lied and are the new kikes

Attached: amdored.jpg (587x832, 341K)

Just came across this post from the last thread.

What level of emulation can I achieve if I were to get the 3700X? Would it be enough for RPCS3?

Oops I meant to quote

have sex

Attached: 4chink.jpg (837x811, 133K)

Bros bros bros, when do the open air design for the 5700xt cards come around? Is it like pretty shortly?

Nah, would literally have to do this every release to even remotely catch Intel. Plus the boost clock is a bios issue anyway. Adoredtv is fucking autistic no idea why people still watch him

watched a youtube video where this mobo got thrashed for it's VRM cooling. Buy a MSI Tomahawk B450 instead. It's 30€ more but you can update the BIOS for the 3000 processors without owning a 1000/2000 processor and the cooling is decent.

>the boost clock is a bios issue
cope

xanxogaming.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-9-3900x-review-english-dethroning-the-intel-core-i9-9900k/#Product_launch_problems_AGESA_Code_and_WHEA_PCI_Express_errors_on_NVIDIA_GeForce_cards

Every time I see my current model being made fun of on Jow Forums

Intcels gonna intcel

I got the 9th in my head but I think that's for the AIB nvidia super cards not AMD

cope

Attached: IMG_20190708_130915.jpg (1080x1171, 262K)

Do you think its likely the super fearmonger will lower the 5700xt cards? I wanna try get a good deal as I can

I'd like to know too. As I understand it, interccx latency greatly affects framerates for this emulator. Rpcs3 exclusively uses only 1 ccx on ryzen 1000/2000 to circumvent the inter-ccx latency penalty, i.e. only 4 cores are used for Spu threads.

So it does hit boost clock? Kek

>pretty sure
>didn't actually check

I'm going for meshify plus my already owned bequiet fans, will be silent and chilly I hope.

I haven't read or watched anything about that mobo but even if the VRMs are shit, well, it's only a 3600, that chip is power efficient as fuck honestly, not gonna draw much power.

I just watched buildzoid review of z390 motherboards and basically if you go cheap go gigabyte, the only ones with good VRMs. The UD z390 should barely be enough for the 9700k and is like 100€, then you have the z390 elite which has a really good VRM plus more features for a bit more. I'd choose one of the two.

True I guess... Thanks, will try to do that, it'll be a shame if I can't get a cheap ryzen from the US though. Also just saw the 9700k is going for 330$ on microcenter, damn.

I hope the 3700x runs emulators well, too.

Look it up. I remember 2 years ago them running persona 5 at 60fps on ryzen 1700.
No doubt they've improved since then but they're giving multi-core support to rpcs3

Well Nvidia won't lower prices so unlikely

>buy 3900x and disable 23 threads to see advertised clock speeds.
Can drones get cucked even more than this?

It already did AMD dropped the prices of both their cards by $50 before launch. Nvidia probably won't lower their prices if that's what you mean

Cope

Yeah, by buying Intel :)

If you read what they're actually saying on their twitter accounts including in that conversation you're presenting a misleading idea

>no XG350R-C in pcpp
which one /pcbg/ ?

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (553x199, 17K)

No, you are just biased. 4.6 is only supposed to work on 1 thread. AMD can get away with it by nit disclaiming what turbo max clock speed is. As long as 4.6 is achieved even on 1 thread they can't be on the wrong. But definitely that's not what people were expecting and is basically false advertisement.

If I plan on pairing an 3600/x with a 2070s or 5700xt depending on what their price will be in September, what should i be looking for in monitors?
1080p 60hz, 1080p 75-144hz,1440p 60-144hz, 4k or what? Planning on buying just a single monitor for now, it will be the main monitor for almost all my computer usage, from shitposting to games and anime, maybe some drawing aswell.

the msi tomahawk is ATX, but im doing a mATX build

3440x1440 100hz :^)

What is the CL thing in RAM? CL 15 or CL 16 is better at same MHz for DDR4?
Looking for the best RAM for a 200GE (Can SMT be turned off?)

144hz 1440p freesync is the sweetspot for mid/high end

You are just retarded. No one on "team red" is saying 4.6 was meant to be all-core.
The issues are difficulty getting that clock for single core "boost clock", and separately, apparent low overclocking headroom in general.

>The issues are difficulty getting that clock for single core "boost clock"
This only becomes worse the more cores you have.
Intel's advertised boost was changed to 2-core boost a while back for this reason.

As many of you I've been watching a great deal of benchmarks lately and I've noticed that 120+ fps is hardly obtained at 1440p, let alone 4K, except on competitive multiplayer games, which frankly I'd never play, or by lowering the graphics settings, which I deem unacceptable. After making the screen size picker chart to decide on resolution and size I've been left wondering what's the sweet spot for refresh rate, but I haven't found a scientific way to answer that, so I guess I'm back to user's opinion.

wtf 3700x is expected in store in early september

Attached: 1503357860202.jpg (326x314, 24K)

twitter.com/andreif7/status/1148170909322293248?s=09
>anandtech redoing their benches with a new bios

b-b-ut it's not real! There was no bug!

Any word on when the European Amazons are going to be stocking Ryzen?

N-no! don't these stupid poopyheads know they aren't going to get 4.6ghz on all cores!?

Timings, lower = better.
Why do you want to turn off SMT on a 2 core APU? That sounds terrible.

Attached: jebaited.png (812x293, 21K)

Experiments for games using 2 cores only

So what kind of jump from the initial reviews will we see if the BIOSes were in fact gimped?

It's not gonna be massive, but will be noticeable.

end of july seems to be the next shipment

depends on workload. frequency sensitive benches might get a big gain, while other will remain the same or ~margin of error.

How does the 3700x compare to the 9700k? they are both $330 near me. i'm currently running a 6600k and it's showing its age. the 3700x would require a new mobo and I assume I can jam the 9700k into my current Gigabyte z170x gaming 5 mobo

Statistically significant but not mind blowing

>Intel
>Z170
Kek

lol no don't be silly, intel doesn't allow more than 1 gen upgrade. Even that isn't guaranteed.

Looking at Ryzen but fan noise bothers me. Is there still only one X570 board without a fan? Also, quietest PSUs?

>have to wait until august to get my memory
fuck you samsung

>they are actually recommending the 3900x when 9900k is 10% cheaper and 20% better in gaming performance
AMD shills should just die at this point.

Attached: 1547262981944.png (1920x1080, 731K)

you'd need a new motherboard for intel as well

>cherrypicking flawed benchmarks
>only gaming performance matters
wow cope

How can 9600k be so based? It's better than any poozen cpu while costing less and head to head with the intel big boys

>calls every single benchmark released yesterday flawed
>says I'm the one coping

Attached: 1538794994508.png (500x610, 40K)

>2019
>people still post Intel benchmarks with HT enabled and without mitigations applied and expect the results to matter

Remember when they called i9 a housefire?

Attached: 1560452684048.png (500x530, 39K)

Are you fucking blind? It's confirmed at this point that the press BIOS was fucked. Anandtech already started redoing their benches, others will follow.

>can't into product tiers.

the 9900K is a halo product. it's only ever recommended if all you do is game. Anything else at that price range puts favor to 9700K + better GPU if gaming, but if you do everything else, with gaming on the side, Ryzen is a good buy.

>t-these benchmarks are flawed!
You faggots literally say it after every single release. Time passes and it always turns out you were wrong. Always.
Ahh yes the BIOS was fucked... They'll fix the BIOS very soon and you'll enjoy your 1% performance increase.

Attached: 1550633334383.png (1920x1080, 252K)

>9900k
>57 degrees
hmmmmmmm

Remember when the 9900k ran at 57c under load?
Yeah that's fucking fairytale bullshit.

So you're saying you don't see a problem here? It'll make no difference at all?

Attached: D-8fA7DXUAAmQUf.png large.png (1496x950, 55K)

Remember boys it's all because of the BIOS!
When they fix the fucking BIOS we will see the 20% needed performance increase to overshoot i9!

Attached: 1546104642436.png (500x610, 42K)

I'm interested to see what the gaming performance is like. The relative deficiencies vis a vis the 97/9900k's were greater than I was expecting, but close enough that if this BIOS issue did in fact lower them, then had the BIOS been right from the start the story from the initial wave of reviews would probably be how AMD's made the gaming gap negligible rather than almost but definitely not negligible.
It's also interesting to note that even if this aspect was gimped, the 3000s still trounced intel in productivity tasks, so that can't be used to judge if there actually was an issue or whether the gaming performance just is dissapointing.

Just get a b450/x470 board if the fan noise is a bother. You get everything you do on an x570 minus maybe PBO2 and obviously PCIe 4.0, but performance is more or less the same and it comes in at cheaper prices

it's like I'm really on /v/

The funniest thing is AMD faggots denying 720p as a legitimate benchmark, even though lower resolutions are practically the best at making accurate gaming benchmarks. Here's a 720p one that's very good at signifying the performance difference, I'll post a high res benchmark in a second where the performance difference depends on much more than the CPU and is very difficult to perceive because of that.

Attached: 1546690775306.jpg (717x913, 146K)

I've heard but don't quote me on this that the fan is only meant to kick in when the PCIE lanes are getting used to the standards of 4.0
So unless they've cut out measures on older boards that would be capable of dealing with 3.0 and below without fans, when you use 3.0 or older PCIE devices with the mobo you might not generate enough heat for the fans to kick in. It's hard to say. Some boards advertise their fans as automatically shutting off when cool enough, which suggests it does get cool enough.

1440p

Attached: 1544266022396.png (648x449, 38K)

FUCKING SAMSUNG GIVE ME MY STICKS

NOW

>a game sponsored by AMD
>Vulkan developed by AMD
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1553552918490.png (1920x1080, 964K)

>wah muh single core paradigm

You're the reason why idiots still program single threadedly.

You're probably right. I'm trying to plan ahead and have the board as a platform for future upgrades but if it's got this nonreplaceable fan that'll just get louder as it gets older and more worn out, then what's the point? I'd have to spring for a new board later on to get away from that thing anyway.

it's lga1151 socket right? why would I need a new one?

So how long will it take you to admit that you're shilling for shit products?
Are you really so delusional you believe a mere BIOS update will fix this joke of a CPU?

Attached: 1531495204564.jpg (711x508, 70K)

lol
oh user

>throwaway games that have no playerbase.

Suure. At least try games that are current, and that are played by everyone.

>wait for intel's security patches
>wait for amd's scheduler fix
>wait for amd's bios fix
Holy shit it never stops. None of these will ever happen. Amd is a living meme

>nobody plays that game so the benchmark is irrelevant
The absolute state of AMDrones.

Attached: 1558777559979.jpg (643x911, 138K)