What's so bad about x230 Lenovo 12 inch?

I have been using Lenovo x230 12" laptop for a year (bought it used, is manufactured in 2013) and immediately replaced a keyboard with some missing keys with an unused one.

HOWEVER after a year of use, one key has already started to be unresponsive albeit its not entirely broken. Otherwise I don't have complaints about the keyboard, it's comfy to write on, however I do like the x220 keyboard layout more.

What is really frustrating is that if the "dock battery" which adds some thickness to this laptop and is connected to dock connecter instead of regular battery slot, gets moved even a slightly, the entire laptop shuts down immediately.

What happens here is that the laptop and dock battery arent 100% firmly connected to each other and on certain conditions they could move an millimeter distance due to vibrations, in relation to each other and if the connector gets even slightly non-aligned for a second, it will shutdown the laptop eventhough main battery is connected and has power.

Dock battery is also essential since it gives you 2-4 hours more operating time, depending on how much is CPU load. If one CPU core is loaded 100%, you will get 2 hours and on 20% load for both cores you will get 4 hours. This is assuming there are no USB devices which would eat power. And its assumed screen light is not turned into 0% (which is by the way still readable level of lighting).

What I do like a lot is the IPS screen picture quality, but resolution is still too small and thats a bummer. Another favorite is absolutely silent CPU fan. X220 has a loud fan when it gets on the mood.

This is my findings about x230.

Attached: lenovox230.jpg (564x361, 57K)

Don't write such complicated wall pf text because it exceeds cognitive abilities of most users out there

inb4 reddit spacing

I want an x250

It has a 1080p ips screen (in some variations) and the last In the line with physical left and right click buttons.

The Intel processor is using 5000 seties graphics (iirc) which has compatibility for vulkin.

i dont know for the 230, but i have a x240 and replaces the screen with the x250 full hd screen. pretty comfy

x220/x230 is most overrated thing on this sub, ever

what would be a better machine?
(must be same size)

nothing, just do the fhd+classic keyboard mod

x250 bcause 16gb ram

x230 too

1080p on 12” will be a headache to read, I have a 14” thinkpad with the same resolution and is still figuring out which scaling and dpi to use.

right, i forgot they removed the 2nd slot with the x240

The nice thing is you can get the lower resolution panel as well in IPS

>(must be same size)

Oh, please come on! 12.5" is meme format. You can get 14" with SAME weight!

Dell xps 13 has 13.3" screen and it is both LIGHTER and SMALLER!

I get it, 7 rows keyoboard is nice, thinklight is nice, removable bettery, but
1. 7 rows keyboard is overrated meme
2. You can plug USB-c powerbank to newer laptops
3. None of these things is worth using outdated hardware

Newer thinkpad t4x0s, X1C/X1Y, Dell XPS 13 and probably bunch of other new laptops that I don't even know are better than X220/X230.

X220/X230 are cheaper, but I'm fine paying more for better screen and better CPU and way, way better GPU on machine that I'll be using every single day, than paying some pennies for compromise.

thanks for the blog post, try gluing the dock battery to the bottom

Attached: vcpPZ.jpg (717x880, 186K)

bump

i want an x2XX series and i didn't know what to get. looks like I'm getting an x230. thanks OP

x230 with x220 keyboard

x250 is better
15w tdp vs 30w tdp housefire

Attached: 15335424033.png (500x500, 151K)

>ultralow shit
yeah, no thank you pepe

>What's so bad about x230 Lenovo 12 inch?
It's Lenovo, and therefore spyware.

>being eco friendly is bad

Attached: 15805424080.jpg (512x383, 53K)

>eco faggot
you can stop posting now

What laptops come without trackpads so I don't have to awkwardly angle my hands over the that garbage when I'm typing to avoid clicking random shit?

coreboot, strip intelME, linux/bsd OS.
enjoy your freedom

i only upgraded from x220 to x250 because i got a uhd display, which the x220 cant use at full resolution.
the keyboard was way better on the x220, but the improvement in battery runtime almost makes up for it. was also a downgrade from 16gb to 8gb. 1080p on the integrated display is a plus.

also x220.

>i only upgraded from x220 to x250 because i got a uhd display, which the x220 cant use at full resolution.
cheap expresscard egpu with used gtx750 will give you whatever resolution you want and an hardware advantage too.
>1080p on the integrated display is a plus.
fhd mod for x220/30 exist
>improvement in battery runtime
i can give you that, sadly.

>also x220.
interesting, need coreboot tho?