Are E-readers Jow Forums

Are E-readers Jow Forums

Attached: IMG_20190707_222222.jpg (4160x2340, 2.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

neonsea.uk/blog/2019/04/14/chroot-shenanigans-2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.
Is the paperwhite worth it? I still have a super old generation, the 4th I think where you still had physical keys and so on.
I saw that the paperwhite will be on sale for like 50 bucks in a week in my country but I never got my hands on one so I have no idea if it really provides any relevant advantages over the older versions.

Im using the newest Paperwhite(10th I think)
Imo it's pretty worth an upgrade if you plan on reading a lot of Manga/Comics on it,faster page refreshing over the old ones
Other than that,desu no

Bought a paperwhite, never used it after setting it up.
Thanks for reminding me.

Though if you have some tip to block the ads and the forced home, a simple file browser would be comfier.

hm.. does flipping through the pages and so on work well?
also from the pictures I guess the case is just the same as the older versions. got to check out the oasis once and that one was fucking ass for handling, for some reason they decided to have a fairly sharp metal edge right at the point that will press into your palm

how fast it is for pdfs, senpai?

Of course they are. I got this one last week for 15€ used. It's fucking awesome. Absolutely no wireless connectivity, so 100% guaranteed botnet free.

Look on the mobileread wiki/forum. Maybe your model/firmware is old enough to have a jailbreak available. You could get rid of ads, ad d a file browser and much more.

Attached: 20190708_151039.jpg (3264x2448, 1.19M)

Are kindles still a pain in the ass to jailbreak? They are hard coded to check for firmware updates and reflash itself if firmware checksum mismatches on boot, right?

AFAIK, anything with firmware above 4.5.8 is unjailbreakable.

>colour pages
>black and white
wew.

got this badboy for a similar price.
from 2010 but still works perfectly, you can even write notes on it, it reads sd cards, pdf, jpg, png, even gif and the usual ebook formats.

I just wish it wasn't so tiny, otherwise it's pretty much perfect.

Attached: sony.jpg (1200x803, 219K)

fuck kobo

FUCK
KOBO

chill man

dude did kobo steal your anime waifu or anything?

got two of them, they work as intended

What should I get if I want a cheap big boy (10" but slightly more/less is fine too) for pirated books and PDFs? New or used?

You can just use the chat function on Amazon to get the indians to remove the ads for free

>cheap
>big boy
define cheap, xiaomi has one 10" for 380$

Idk man. I see prices from $250 all the way up to 999$, and then I see anons who got their readers for $15 used.
I'm hesitant to spend a good deal of money (3rd world country) on e-reader as I'm not sure how much I'm gonna use it. I do spend money of regular books though, but it's like $150 bucks a year (that's about 30 books) so still way less than $380 for example. Also, there are books that don't have an e-version.
I want one, but I'm yet to see something that seems like a good offer to me. I consider internet access, full android, etc. a bloat rather than features, and all of it increases the price.

>and then I see anons who got their readers for $15 used.
my sony one was 15 bucks because it is almost a decade old and is tiny compared to those 10 inch ones. you pay loads for big sizes.

How are them? I'm on the fence of buying one. I have a kindle but I hate the PDF reader and the amazon shit.

the thing is, despite ereaders poor general specs, panels don't come for free (because fuck monopoly)
price mark for a new ereader is usually around 100$ (6"), 200$ (8", also sweet spot) or >400$ (>8")

>PDF
KA1 is decent with koreader

I like my Kobo but I wish it had been 50% cheaper. Shit's expensive

Those 15€ used ones are so cheap because the market got saturated with 6" readers over the years, so the supply of used 6" ones is high, while demand is low. The few people who bought >$400 8"-10" readers did so because they were serious about them and aren't going to sell them anytime soon.
Your options are getting a cheap used 6" one, which is perfectly fine for books, or an expensive giant one, which is only worth it if you use it for comics/manga.
Seeing as you see extra features as bloat, an older model might be be better suited for you. Mine () doesn't even have a touchscreen.

newer case man,does not work with the old ones
not really fast,it would be best if you could convert your pdfs to mobi
also
FUCK KINDLE FOR NOT ALLOWING .EPUB

what are some BIG e readers with expandable storage and uncucked OS?

Attached: D8CRtMS_d.jpg (374x374, 14K)

i love my kobo clara. koreader is a must. i do sometimes wish i got a larger model. i wish there were more cases for the kobo clara hd, right now i'm using the box it came in.

Attached: photo_2019-07-08_14-23-53.jpg (720x1280, 65K)

>needing a case for a reader
>USING THE FUCKING BOX EVEN

Attached: 1430529171176.gif (446x251, 721K)

you can only choose between noname china ones then.
all western brand readers are clogged to the brim with restrictions and bloat

Show actual text please.

i don't have a good jacket with deep pockets. i usually just stick it in my pant, but it's large and sometimes i'm scared that some fuckers gonna run their briefcase or backpack into my leg on the subway during rush hour.

here's the text.

Attached: photo_2019-07-08_14-57-46.jpg (720x1280, 49K)

I can see too much in that picture. Could you make ot any blurrier please?

yeah I have a kobo glo it's gud

i have a cheap ass moto/g/ play.

>comics and manga on 6" screens
dafuq

yes

Attached: screenshot.png (1200x698, 510K)

That's cool. How did you do that?

mine drops to 1% battery randomly
would not buy again

source?

Worth for 50 bucks not at normal price tho you're better off paying a bit more and getting something from kobo

xx suck my pp pls

Attached: 1562198504663.jpg (900x1200, 164K)

i've posted a how-to here:

neonsea.uk/blog/2019/04/14/chroot-shenanigans-2.html

I wish I could find my kindle

buy it back from jamal