>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming (dGPU optional).
>R5 2600 - Good 60fps+ gaming CPU; great value especially used
>R5 3600 - midrange; good for all but the absolute highest end GPUs
>R7 3700X - High end, higher FPS. 3900X/9900k is better in some games, but generally only with a 2080Ti @ 1080p.
>R9 3900X - Gaming+Streaming/Extreme Productivity

RAM:
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks ONLY for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 minimum
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660 - higher fps or for more demanding games
>RX 5700 - high FPS (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RX 5700 - 75-100fps+ in most games
>RTX 2080ti - Highest possible frames, but poor value
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070 Super OC - budget option. Turing performance scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi launch drivers have issues, particularly with OCing. Wait for non-blowers if considering the XT. 5700 blower is fine, due to low power.

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING imgur.com/a/RTbKAxD
>AM4 VRM chart: imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh
>Yes, adaptive sync (freesync) is important
>A 256GB+ SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>NVMe don't give faster boot/load times than a fast SATA SSD
>"Bottleneck checker" sites don't work
>Don't use Speccy

rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/bcFc29
pcpartpicker.com/list/r3jf3b
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0
twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/1148113823137533952
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based zoomer Linus

do i want to upgrade from i7-2700k already or wait for AM5?

Is 2400mhz cl17 ram overclocked to 2933mhz cl16 fine for R5 2600?

Why in God's name would you recommend the 2080 Ti for 1440p and the 2070 Super for 4K? And why wouldn't you recommend the 2060 Super OC for 1440p and the 2080 Super for 4K?

You'd be waiting at least 2 years. Now's a reasonable time for you to upgrade.

Hey I'm looking to upgrade from my 6600k and now broken 980ti. I play on a 1080p 240hz monitor and play mostly high refresh low fidelity shit like Warframe, WoW, CS:GO. I'm upgrading mostly for the new warframe zones but also in preperation for DOOM eternal primarily but less important is Gears of War 5 and then the new Halo and DIablo 4 when they come out.
I don't stream or make videos or anything the only intensive things I do on the computer are video games and video upscaling via SVP/MadVR.
I actually spend probably 7 hours a day in chrome and then 5-6 in vidya gaems.
This is the current list, any suggestions?
pcpartpicker.com/list/bcFc29

Attached: upgrades.png (2000x961, 103K)

stop reading the OP moron

Thinking about upgrading my R1600 to a R3800X. I heard XFR2 doesn't work on B350s, is this true and if it is how bad is the performance hit? I heard something like 10%, which is way too much and makes me wonder what would even be the point?

I want to upgrade for several reason
-the 1600 has pretty embarrassing single core perfs and it is actually noticeable and I can't take it anymore
-I have pretty weak ram (2400, oc'd to 2666) Apparently Ram quality doesn't matter for Zen 2 anymore but how is it really?
>I needed to OC my 1600 really hard manually to get ok performances and it runs hot while pulling intel tier energy. Again I was counting on XFR2 because it's actually good this time at boosting automatically, but if it doesn't work on B350 then I'll have to do a manual OC again.

1600x vs 3600/3600x. Any non retarded comparisons yet? Is the difference worth it or is it more like 10-15%?

Im mainly playing vidya tho.

pcpartpicker.com/list/r3jf3b

is this a reasonable build for the price point?

I'm not particularly attached to the monitor if there's something I missed about it that makes it shit, I was just thinking "something like that"

It's more like 40% in general. The problem is what board you have, apparently.

Reminder:
Intel = I don't give a shit about what I spend just give me performance
AMD = Best value for money

Yeah that's a given. I'll probably bite the bullet and get a 5700 XT later this month or the next, when the partner cards arrives. And reposting

So don't upgrade if you're happy with ur games? I wasn't.

Attached: 3dmark.png (1399x1418, 1.2M)

OP gpu suggestions have always been kinda wack

>Put 3600 into my AB350 PRO4
>Vdrops so shit it can't work stable without cutting frequency to 3ghz and undervolting

Is there any performance graph on x265 encoding using ffmpeg for the latest ryzen against existing cpus?

There's a lot of stutter from CPU but i really dont wanna do it now since we're going to get DDR5 soon

But then again, my AIO was failing and memory refused to post in dual channel mode. Sure it clocked at 4.5ghz on 4 cores but it sure wasn't gonna last. I get random memory crashes on idle in windows as well before the upgrade.

Attached: 3dmark2.png (1382x1579, 1.22M)

lol no we aren't

elaborate?

>AB350
there's your issue

finally nonretard OP with proper CPU/GPU listing

Anyone tested emulator performance on Ryzen 3000 yet?

>1080p
>1440p
5700XT for value
2070S for performance (especially overclocked)
>4K
2080S for (((value)))
2080 ti for maximum performance

Is Black Friday a scam or I can build my PC around the R5 3600 for less in late November?

no

Gamersnexus has the 9700k and 9900k as still the best CPUs for games. Are they right or should I look else where?
1080p 240hz btw

AMD IS THIS JEWISH AHAHAHAHAAH, literally saving every cent on the cooling, cooler, memory, everything really.

Attached: backplate with no thermal pads.jpg (1621x869, 435K)

if you don't mind paying the premium and only game, "maybe"

Now that the dust has settled, do you really need X570 motherboards for new Ryzens? Do they offer any performance gains or stability compared to X470 or B450?

Attached: 1516902615336.gif (365x576, 284K)

Not yet, but if you're talking about RPCS3 then it shouldn't be better than the Intel counterparts, because the emulator can make usage of some exclusive Intel instructions to boost performance. That's just me talking though, I can't confirm this.

>1080p
>5700
When vega is 150$ cheaper and run 1080p in 144fps

They're right based on the ryzen benchmarks I've seen. Also can throw the 8700k in there

"durr its teh bios intshill" fiasco. Like a possible 5-10% boost in performance overall depending on the bios version in zen2. You're already looking at a 10% upgrade from zen1 assuming faster supported memory, just pulling the number out of my ass.
I would check out techpowerup for the full comparison with zen1.

Attached: D-8fA7DXUAAmQUf.png.png (1496x950, 55K)

yeah they will give you the highest FPS in most games

cpus with DDR5 support is 2021. not really 'soon'.

There has been SSE support for ryzen since zen+.

Yeah only demanding thing games although I spend most of my time in a browser. The r7 and r9 aren't significantly cheaper though. I also heard overclocking for amd isn't working right and I over clock as far as possible for 24/7 usage so should I wait for that to be fixed or is it not really broken

On an msi b450 mortar trying to use bios flashback but i'm not sure if it is working. I do everything the manual says and the led flashes 3 times then goes out. does this mean it has worked or has failed?

How dumb of an idea is it to buy a reference 5700XT and slap one of these on it?

Attached: morpheus-13-1280x1024.jpg (1280x800, 183K)

Intel is better for RPCS3 because of Intel's secret sauce TSX instruction set, but that doesn't mean Ryzen is inherently bad at it.

Also keep in mind RPCS3 is constantly improving, and not even officially released as something usable yet. I bought a 1600 for RPCS3 on launch and even as a subdued experience, performance for the games I played has gone up over time with no action on my part.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

On this listing there is only MSI x470 pro Carbon ac but all I can find for sale is MSI x470 pro Carbon without AC. Does they have same vrm though?

Just bought the ryzen 7 2700 for $200, figured the extra $130 for the 3700x wasn't as big of upgrade since I hardly play games nowadays and use a lot of cores programming, got a nice msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac motherboard. And no I didn't want to get the 3600 since I've stuck on a i5 3570k at 4.6ghz since 2012 and wanted 8 cores.

I want a Navi 5600 that can match the Vega 56 with a lower TDP.

kind of an ugly example, but nothing particularly wrong with aftermarket coolers.

it looks retarded but I'm curious as to how well those work

Isn't navi 5700 like vega56 tier already? Just more expensive.

Don't be a pussy, mill your own water block.

just buy a 2080 then

It's ugly, but it blows every factory cooler out of the water.

Attached: 12090425322l.jpg (600x600, 48K)

5700 is slightly faster than a 64

hey, supposing i want to upgrade my pc that is currently running a FX8350x and a 1080ti with 16 gb of DDR3 ram at 2400 mhz. and a corsair cooler for the the cpu. i am currently using a 2tb hdd and a 1 tb hdd for the OS.
what would you reccomend, i am aware i need to replace the motherboard and ram completely for a 3950x CPU.
what do you think would be a good set up, i literally don't know jack squat about the in depth stuff of computer parts

It sounds like you're willing to wait so, might as well. Id argue alot of price/perf fags are putting the cost of the cooler into the equation since Intel's stock cooler is garbage.

Attached: its-all-so-tiresome-t-i-r-e-s-o-30244974.png (1396x670, 140K)

Upgrade to a 9600k to save money and then go for either a 2060 Super or 2070 Super.

I'm in the same position as you, does the same thing for me, in the msi youtube video it says it can take up to 5 minutes to flash the bios, so I feel like something is wrong since it doesn't take that long at all

how about coolers with copper instead of 100% aluminum like MSI ones?

Barely any faster, $200 more and being replaced in two weeks, why the fuck should he do that?

Mobo for the new Ryzen CPUs thats comparable to the Asus Maximus Hero VIII mobo? i'm leaving intel forever

Attached: pray.gif (285x290, 270K)

The 2070 Super comes out tomorrow, and also purchase a 9700k over a 2700x if you're only playing video games.

Yeah and 56 with 64 bios is literally 64 in games

just find whatever Asus board has an equally ridiculous name with X570

As far as I'm aware there's no substantial copper GPU coolers.

X470 Crosshair 7 is a solid choice.

I'm not sure whether the new Navi cards feature the same bolt pattern and overall card layout as the old ones, in other words I'm not sure one of those coolers will just fit them. You may have to way for a cooler redesign for compability.

If you had an open air design card on the other hand you could just take the existing shround and fans off and strap CPU fans to the existing heatsink.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

Is MSI x470 pro Carbon for 180e good choice for 3700x?

XFX tends to have a shit-ton in their non-stock coolers.

please helpies

Attached: 1546953759279.jpg (506x960, 29K)

Didn't I already tell you to ditch the AIO? If you wanted to use a custom loop just for the Radeon, just wait for the blocks to arrive and put the whole thing under a custom loop. Or do what the other user said and get the nvidia Super, they're literally the same PCB as the previous ones so the waterblocks are available right now.

twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/1148113823137533952

This makes me hopeful.

>sóyboy OP pic
KYS

alright lads
i want to spend $2k usd
the listed 2070 here is a placeholder for 2070 super
i havent researched monitors but would like 1440p, i dont need 1 ms ultra gamer shit

Attached: a.png (1465x983, 194K)

faster, has raytracing, 2 free games, no work of having to make do it yourself solutions.

They also have the shittiest fans and fan controllers in the market so it balances out.

i'm willing to change anything on this list if better is recommended

>15%
make that 30 and you're going to bury amd. nobody will buy ryzen because they are going to see 9700k and 9900k at 300 and 380 and forget amd even exists because it's been so hardcore cemented in their mind that intel makes the better chip.

but 9700k is like twice as expensive as 2700x

oy do the needful

How long do think my evga 980ti hybrid will last for playable framerates while not looking like ass? I'm mostly playing at 1080p with 1440p super sampling.

Just bought some corsair vengeance ram
Good enough for a ryzen 1800x?

Attached: file.png (652x235, 33K)

>open youtube
>some chucklefuck posted a "3900X in B350, will it work" video
>open it
>He's using my exact mobo I got in a package with my 1600 two years ago
>it posts
>it boots
>runs stress test
>it maintains a 4GHZ all core boost on stock cooling and voltages
>mfw
Awwwwwwwwwww sheeeeeeeeeeeeit. Thank you based AMD.

Do you really need x470? The b450 version of the same board is cheaper.

A Morpheus steamrolls any normal GPU for noise/performance ratio, the games are shit and nobody cares about raytracing.

Also, price difference. Literally not in the same tier.

Attached: Q-48Xx5qw2FgM_dFMVKqTTkO86XooZ2AIni3NWYr2A8.png (1024x560, 282K)

> tomorrow

well, fuck, looks like I'm waiting one more day.

>9700k
That monitor isn't a retarded choice though?

Building a $1000 pc, monitor included, for my nephew. No oc, primarily for gaming, GPU last for as long as possible, but upgradable in the future. Ideas?

>Implying the fucking Radeon doesnt come with gaymes
Worst fucking reason ever to get a gpu and i hate it when shills bring that shit up for "muh value". The 5700 is not good value but not because the super 2060 comes with a free copy of Control.

X470 has better vrm and I'm planning to oc if it is possible. At least oc my Samsung B die memory. Also only 30e price difference between the two here.

Intel and price-cuts. I'll believe it when I see it. If it does happen it means some deep changes are happening at Intel. Price cuts are in the company's ten commandments, "Thou Shalt Not Lower Prices of Thine Desktop Grade SKUs"

like 50% scam. there are a few real deals but you can scrape back the same amount buying over a few months checking daily newegg sales so there's not a lot that's really special when it comes to components. can also try buying some things used. picking up used cases is pretty much a steal and ram isn't too hard to come by or likely to go bad.

I have yet to see a GPU come bundled with a game worth buying.

>240hz gaming
For what purpose? Isn't 144hz enough?

>GPU last for as long as possible, but upgradable in the future
every gpu is upgradable in the future.

Muh esports.

I want to switch to AMD, but the fact that I have to buy a much more expensive mobo than Intel ones makes it seem much less worth it. Are there any cheap AM4 boards out there?

I want to get myself a loonix box for everyday use as after using a GPU-passtrough for almost a year I finally realized it's a meme and not worth the hassle. I'm just gonna get myself a second pc, and came here to ask for advice on some parts.

>#1 Priority: silence
>Also #1 Priority: no non-free blobs required (but I can check this one myself later)
>Price: whatever

Parts:
>CPU
Ryzen 3400G
Its GPU seems to be just what I need (enough for some meme shaders in mpv and graphics acceleration). I would go for 8c/16t, but since there are no 8c APUs - whatever. I'll be willing to upgrade in the future in case we get 8c/16t APU on zen2 or zen2+. Keep that in mind while helping me choose RAM and MB.
>MB
no idea, but since I need no PCI-e peripherals I have decided on mATX (ITX is a meme). I have two 1440p displays (60Hz) with DP daisy-chain support. I want to make use of this, so a DP 1.2 is a must. Bonus points for two of those and/or an additional HDMI.
>RAM
no idea, I think that the faster the better? 2933 is max for 3400G, but in case I'm getting a better APU in the future, maybe it's worth to get something faster. I think I want 16 GiBs, should be plenty. Make that expandable to 32 in the future.
>PSU
I want something passive, but I also have ye olde Corsair AX860. Should I get a cheapo 600W for my gaymen PC and just use this one in it's passive mode(

I don't see anything wrong with the monitor, but it's Freesync. Either make sure it's one of those Freesync compatible G-sync monitors, or just get a G-sync monitor.

Yeah, i meant the budget does not need to be all in on GPU as i don't mind upgrading it when needed

>he missed the dmc5 REmake 2 bundle
lmao what a loser