Who else is /skipping/ these GPUs and CPUs?

>NVidia GPU is at least $350
>AMD GPU is at least $350
>new AMD CPUs are $200 and are better in gaming and productivity, but not by so much that their older Ryzen chips are obsolete.
>mfw I have a Ryzen 7 2700 and an RX 580 and I can play all the games I want to at 1080p and edit muh videos and don't want to drop $800 to get a new CPU/GPU/MOBO combo to play the same games I can play now and have slightly faster render times

Is it just me or are the tech companies getting a little bit retarded? What happened to the good deals, like the $139 1050ti that would let you instantly upgrade a prebuilt into a somewhat decent gaming PC, or the $160 Ryzen 5 2600? Seems like all 3 big companies are getting greedy as fuck and releasing products that aren't really all that special just for the sake of having and hyping new products.

Coffe lake was pretty baste. Ryzen 1000 and 2000 series were pretty baste. 1000 series GTX cards were pretty based. All the new shit is pointless and retardedly expensive though. Who else /skipping/ this generation?

Attached: 5700 NEXTTEA.jpg (1199x808, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ho6BmWB5jv8
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-2700-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3600/3957vs4040
youtu.be/JfEjU8Zx9Ps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AMD isn't marketing Zen 2 as an upgrade for people on Zen+ unless they really want 12 or 16 cores. They are completely compatible on the same hardware, after all.
It's mostly for people who haven't bought a CPU since before Zen, or people who have Zen CPUs with compatible X370s.

fair enough. What about the GPUs though? I can't really see purchasing a new GPU until there is a $250/4k/60fps option on the market which seems like a long way away.

I feel like the 2080s are powerful enough for everything but they probably will release something again so im just sitting here with a 1080 collecting dust and not playing..

>he bought a 2700
>he bought a 580
The 2700 was worse than an i7 in every gaming metric and the 580 was the third GPU amd released that couldnt stop the 290x. What an embarassing build. You should have waited. A 3700x and 1660ti is about twice as fast for the same price as what you spent a year ago.

Get a fucking job.

>mfw I have a Ryzen 7 2700 and an RX 580
retard OP. of course you can "skip" a generation when you have something that recent. you never actually need to upgrade that often.

3570k and rx 580
Everything works here, even recent AAA games. 6 cores is a meme.

>1080p
Yeah great we're all impressed

>all amd build
why do males do such things to themselves?

>2500K
>GTX 970
I've done way too much skipping on the CPU already, and the graphics card is alright in performance still but has developed awful fucking coil whine. It's actually more like coil rattle. Both these things will have to go in the not too distant future. Maybe I can hold out until Zen 3 and Ampere, but I've got a suspicion that Nvidia will weigh up their 7nm process in gold.

Attached: 1544872456272.jpg (1200x1000, 165K)

Well, I'm a student for another year so I don't really have a choice, though my 4670k doesn't really seem to be bottlenecking my 2070 very much anyway.

planning to do a full watercooled build once I graduate though.

Idk why people feel the need to upgrade yearly. My hardware is 3-4 years old and still fine. The only time I upgrade is when something shits the bed or I'm forced to. I get that Jow Forums definitely is a sensationalized consumer advertising board and not really about using tech but damn have the shills reached prime jew lately.

Rather the 2700 is already overkill for anything they could be doing because CPU hardware has far surpassed software needs ever since the launch of Zen.

It's simply a bad time to be building a gaymen PC. Either stick with what you have or go with the 2600 + GTX 1660 until shit gets good enough again.

Yeah user Zen 3 and even the 9000 series from intel is a worthy upgrade, but navi and super are showing us that the next gen is right around the corner.

I’m skipping because my ryzen 2700X and RTX 2080 ti are enough for me LOL

the 2700 demolishes anything from intel that's below $380, and the 8700k in anything that's not gaymen and premiere shit

>being wrong on every assertion except the i7 being faster for games
I actually sold a 6700 to get my 2700 precisely because I was no longer playing gaymes. Also, I only paid $220 for the 2700, and got the 580 for $130 open-box. Also, AMD cards are known to do better in productivity tasks because they are pound for pound slightly more powerful, while NVIDIA gets a games performance edge through its solicitation of prostitutes for game developers and outright bribes. As I said, I was getting away from gaymes and since I got it all on sale it made sense.
homosexual detected
AMD is the way to go for a price-to-performance productivity build.

I'm basically skipping all of them until my laptop can no longer get at least 60fps @1080p with my i7-8750H and GTX 1060 mobile at high-to-ultra on modern games. Once that happens, I'll sell it off for about $500 and buy whatever the newest gaymen laptop is out that sacrifices gaymen aesthetic (no RGB, no edgy gaymurr fonts on keys, no retarded shaped bezels, etc) but still has the hardware of better gaymen laptops and costs $900 less.

Oh no, what ever will he do having a PC for a year already

Why the fuck not just wait for Zen 3 APU's to switch to 7nm Navi as well?

When those are out why not just wait for the Navi 2 GPU and Zen 3 CPU's?

Why the fuck not just wait and see if Intel 10th gen is any good?
What about waiting for Intel's desktop GPU's?
Why not wait for Google Stadia and not even buy a GPU

Just fucking wait some more!

Attached: IMG_20190630_070617.jpg (1024x844, 125K)

Is it worth upgrading to a Ryzen 5 3600 from an I7-4770K?

Buying 5700XT anniversary edition my self.

How much better would Zen3 be? I want to buy a 5+ year CPU, maybe I could wait a year

Underrated post. 10/10 would wait for another post like this

depends on if your current CPU can no longer do what you want your computer to do. Personally I think anyone that plays gaymes at more than 60FPS @ 1080p is a manchild faggot, but that's just my opinion. I guess I'd keep my CPU if it can still do that, unless you need a productivity PC.
what do you get for the extra 50 bux?

Only you can answer that friend. I know in my own case considering cost and performance gain it is finally worth making the upgrade from an i7 920 to the ryzen 3600.

>Personally I think anyone that plays gaymes at more than 60FPS @ 1080p is a manchild faggot, but that's just my opinion.
As opposed to playing them at 24FPS @ 640x480?

same here. i just got an rx 580 with the free games instead. all these new hardwares are a joke. my overclocked 3570k still runs literally everything perfectly and i even run my rx 580 at 1440p at 90fps in most games with a few useless settings turned down. pc hardware is shitty recently.

i'm a little on the fence about Navi, waiting for linux support to come a bit more robust anyway. But i could always just sell the GPU put that towards my next one.

>As opposed
given the context this doesn't really make sense, but I'll just go with it. What I'm saying is the
>hurr muh 1440p 144mHZ ultra gayme station
isn't something you should be worrying about as an adult. Casually playing PC games, fine, but fetishizing gaming hardware and needing the highest specs is childish in my view. Plus that stuff ain't cheap.

Why would you fall for the 4k meme when 1440p is the sweet spot?

>1440p is the sweet spot
Ils ont dit la même chose de 720p.

They said the same thing about 720p. Higher resolution is always better and it will always be that way until we are living in a literal matrix.

Well if I own a 1440p display for desktop estate I might as well expect to game on it at native resolution instead of settling for a blurry upscaled mess, and if my display is capable I might as well aim for the highest possible, smoothest framerate because you can actually see the difference.

Also since when is it adulthood to settle for mediocrity instead of having ambition for improvement?

>Needing the highest specs is childish in my view. Plus that stuff ain't cheap.

This is what drives innovation in technology across industries. The desire for whatever it is to be that little bit better or indeed a lot better.

yo' money, yo' life, yo' free to spend as you see fit. I'm just saying it seems like a waste of time to me.

>when someone says the words "waste of time" during an argument on Jow Forums

Attached: 1549313622571.jpg (480x480, 49K)

For me the 5700 is a winner. Coming from a 1050ti: double the vram and 3x performance at 165 watts = win. A solid undervolt+clock reduction profile and it will probably pull 150w and give me everything I need. I just hope good aftermarket models are around $350, this is basically the new 7850/7870

>4 cores
>in the year two thousand and nineteen
enjoy your micro stutters retard

with a 580 it literally does not matter what cpu you have you dumbfuck.
CPU only really matters if you are running high end gpus like the 1080ti or 2080.

the ryzen 5 2600 wasn't $160 until this year, it was also $200 at launch
the 1650 exists as nvidia's budget option, as does the rx 500 series for amd
3rd gen ryzen wasn't meant as an upgrade unless you have an old system (which you don't) or if you're looking at high-end processors (which, if all you're doing is gaming, you don't need)
>Is it just me or are the tech companies getting a little bit retarded?
it's you, and it's always been you

you win this round, sir.

My post said that he cant even upgrade his GPU now because of the shit CPU. Every argument still stands

It's really not. Especially in gaming where you're held back by 8+ year old consoles by end of gen, but that's okay because innovation is better seen when people have limited means yet have to deliver big. It makes people optimize and think. Simply throwing hardware at the problem just masks the problem and why we now today have browsers that use gigabytes of memory to display websites...

A Q6600 at 3.2Ghz can handle a GTX780 in GPU limited games, My X5650 at 4Ghz can handle a 1080, I'm 100% certain OPs 2700 is not a "shit CPU" and that a 580 is far from the limit for him.

still on a 2500k and 770. going full retard next year with zen3/comet lake, 3080ti or whatever its going to be called and 3440x1440 gsync monitor.

Everyone who's not made of money is skipping them.

OH NONONONO
youtube.com/watch?v=ho6BmWB5jv8

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

I'm ok with 4690x/1070ti for 1080p gaming. My laptop with 8850H is also perfectly adequate.

That sounds like a decent plan. 2500k and 670 here.

there's people who have 4k displays on their workstations and want to play a game from time to time. not everyone is a poor teenager like you. (or OP - just get that 2080 ti)

I am not skipping because the price but because the improvement in performance is not justified based one what I currently have.
My 1080ti is still rocking hard.

Attached: poor college student desk.jpg (1920x1080, 497K)

I'll probably do the same, that alienware ultra wide monitor looks good. Ampere in 2020 is going to be revolutionary as nvidia is going to enter 7nm, I just hope they release them before cyberpunk.

>not having both

why is everyone on this board so poor? are you guys still in highschool or something?

Attached: Capture.png (722x842, 22K)

me, lmfao at the the retards building their ""rigs"" now right before nvidia btfo's everyone next year.

Attached: 1515038149190.jpg (457x480, 26K)

My meme 4670k/970 build isn't getting the performance I want from it, so I won't be skipping this time, but at the same time I'm not going hard on it since there's undoubtedly going to be more impressive GPUs coming out next year. Still not sure whether the 3700x will stand the test of time enough to justify it over the 3600 if AMD continue their current pace of improvement

>dude just buy useless immature tech lmao
one day you'll be sitting in a divorce court working out how much your roastie ex-wife is going to cost, and you'll remember my post

You pretty much have the same computer as me. I'm going to buy a cheap 1660ti as it's a lot better than the 970 and just sit on that until better products come out.

AMD is a premium brand now

only in terms of motherboard pricing

kek

4770k @ 4.2GHz and rx 580 4GB, not happy with the four gigs but it was during the mining craze and my 7970 died.
Still, this build is enough for what I do and the little time I get to play games. Might upgrade when the leap will give me at least five times the performance.

If you are using last gen hardware then yes upgrading right away doesn't make much sense, and typically never does. The 1050ti was never a good deal, and nothing is stopping you from buying a R5 2600 for peanuts now. Assuming you have a decent mobo, you can upgrade whenever you want in the next two years if 8c/16t at 4.2 GHz becomes a bottleneck and it will probably be at half price of what it is today.

All the zen cpus have been great options for new builds. I'm stuck on a 7700k with a 1080 ti that I built right around when Ryzen was first revealed. I might skip AM4 entirely. 5 GHz 4c/8t should be ok for another year and a half.

my rx590 does 144hz 1080p, and i dont plan on upgrading monitors for a while, maybe i will get a 3rd one with nice and accurate colors, but ill still play games in 1080p.

why do i need a new card until 8k 144hz gaming is a thing

>>mfw I have a Ryzen 7 2700

The 3600 has 23% higher single core performance than the 2700, which goes higher or lower depending on who is doing what type of benchmark:
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-2700-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-3600/3957vs4040

So basically if all you want is FPS in games, the 3600 will strongly outperform your 2700, despite having fewer cores.

Also there are BIOS problems with the 3000 series right now that is preventing the boost from occurring properly. If that gets fixed, the boost performance will go up a lot.

All these salty fags wanting a few digits higher on crap that doesn't matter.

intel i7-6700, 16GB DDR3 @1866Mhz, 2TB HDD @7200, RX 470 4GB GPU, Windows 10 Home latest drivers. All inside a prebuilt HP system I paid $799.99 for back in 2016.

No game I can not run at max settings @ 1440p. Some in 1080 as some look odd in 1440.

For none gaming. Blender, Maya, lightwave. No issues, no stutter, no crashes yet.

Temps CPU highest 48c // GPU highest 70c.

It was like this wan an older amd cpu/gpu prebuild, it was like this with an even older amd/nvidia.

On and on. Prebuilt, add gpu, Low cost, play all the latest shitty games and laugh at the fags who think tiny number gains for a 2,500 pos system you whine about 6 months later when new shit comes out.

Ayy fucking lmao.

Attached: Chadlollol.jpg (600x532, 40K)

GPU's are not worth it when PS5 will have a 5700XT or above equivalent in a year. I never would have imagined it would come to something like this but here we are. Nvidia and AMD are playing games with PC enthusiast and selling them shit on a shingle right now. It's going to be at least Q2 2021 before they get back on their game if they chose to at all.

Guiz I don't own a computer is it worth it to upgrade to a 3700x + 2080 super or should I go with a 5700xt??

Attached: 1496775530865.jpg (750x750, 43K)

Really depends on what you want and how much you are willing to pay for. The 5700XT is a perfectly fine card. Nothing wrong with that. But Nvidia is still the king if GPUs and they will abuse that position to get more shelkels from you. Also I thought the 3600 ryzen was the gamer model?

The sub-200 market has never been "worth it" since mining jacked up prices. A 1050ti for $150 was the only decent non-6-pin choice with 4GB and acceptable 1080p performance.
With the exception of low end gpu mining being dead from the BTC drop and the market flooded with discount radeons today, back in '16/'17 there was no other budget choice to be had while people were unwilling to pay $300+ for a 1060 or 480.

Eh the 5700XT is a hot loud power hog. Remains to be seen if it can be volted and cooled to run "properly" and if drivers can help much more than 5%

It's not as catastrophically power hungry as any Vega based GPU, and blowers always suck. I'm more curious to see the price of the partner models, especially Sapphire.

>got a 970 on release $350 or so
>got amazon to knock like $90 off for the 3.5 thing
>later got the $30 from nvidia 3.5 lawsuit
i see no reason to upgrade from 2500k + some cheap refurb 1440p gsync feels like i won at life. wish i had 8gb but id rather have $500

Mining was certainly an issue but the RX 470 was a significantly better option than the gtx 1050 ti, and in the niche 75 W TDP pre-built upgrade scenario an RX 460 was equivalent.

then don't
Nobody forces you to buy shit nigger, stop complaining like a faggot

>$250/4k/60fps
that aint happening until amd gets their shit together

The 2080 super is grossly overpriced and you'd probably be happy with an rx 5700XT at half the price.

>I think anyone that plays gaymes at more than 60FPS @ 1080p is a manchild faggot
not everyone is fucking poor, even console faggots are starting to actually hit 60fps

Depending on your workflow, it could actually be a huge upgrade for rendering.
youtu.be/JfEjU8Zx9Ps

KC:D would like a word with your pathetic intcel rig

Buy a 5700xt, but not this blower shit. The XT uses way too much juice for that cooler.

My favourite system ever was an acer pre-built with a q6600, 8gb, and I added a proper PSU, soundblaster, and 8800gt

best computer ever. CoD and orangebox monster