If I wanted a semi-disposalble radio receiver that I could tune to a specific channel, what would I look at...

If I wanted a semi-disposalble radio receiver that I could tune to a specific channel, what would I look at. Does anyone make something like that? I'm thinking like literally car remote tier simplicity.

Attached: uv-5r_alphatags.jpg (1195x1600, 243K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sa555.blogspot.com/2013/12/1459-mhz-fet-converter.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depends on the frequency and mode you want to listen to.

RTL SDR, 100KHz‑1.7GHz, 3Mhz of bandwidth at a time.

get into the world of software defined radio.

Any baofeng chink crap can tune from dc to gamma rays.

>semi-disposalble
Whats that? One where you throw it away and it comes back a week later?
Also this - OP stop thinking that generic VHF and UHF hand-helds give you the world radio-wise. Do some research. Understand what radio is.

I have exactly this Baofeng, not bad at all but boring in long term.
If you need only to receive just go for 10$ dvb-t usb from ebay, 1$ otg cable and use SDRTouch app. It works nice with big antennas. Plus on you can collect flight data and more

Those pieces of shit don't work on HF, nor can they do AM or SSB.

RTLSDR only goes down to 24mhz

What if like, uh, I wanted to use a commonly available radio like a UV-5R to transmit a signal to a receiver. The receiver will shortly cease to exist after so cheapness is a bonus.

Attached: 23cbda89dac65b8ab003ec7ceed63ebe74d3473c2e1b12ceac3d6f771783f79a_1.jpg (629x955, 166K)

>sa555.blogspot.com/2013/12/1459-mhz-fet-converter.html

Attached: 2m FET converter.jpg (800x449, 60K)

Why not use a cell phone if you're going to play Afghani insurgent?

Not if you use direct sampling. RTL SDR v3 can go to 500khz without hardware mods.

Shit I got this radio and can't even figure out a simple guide on programming the FRS into it I wanted a radio that would be long range for trolling kids on their walkie talkies but all of the guides on programming it are over my head.

8992khz usb skykang reporting in.

I genuinely chuckled at this user. Thank you.

Why does it have to be disposable? A reciever dosn't transmit anything so nobody can track you. If your looking for stuff on VHF and UHF look at baofeng uv-5r which is pretty good

Just buy an SDR and make sure it doesn't get too hot. I use an old CPU heatsink on mine.

Attached: my_photo-2.jpg (800x719, 131K)

Everyone shut the fuck up, this is now an UV-5R thread. All hail the cheapest of chinkshit radios that is really pretty good at what it does.

I do wish they would redesign that numpad though. Seriously, how hard would it be to have the 0 below the 8 and the up/down buttons aligned vertically?

Love me some baofeng. So lets say for the purpose of pyrotechnics, I wanted to use a radio to a receiver to set off my device. Being fireworks the receiver is one time use. What would be a good receiver? I guess you could just use more UV-5Rs but $25 a pop isn't too cheap for single use.

Attached: baofeng radio.jpg (792x3458, 561K)

This is not how you should be doing this. You should use a sim card + arduino to transmit and set off

Get a programming cable for them and use CHIRP

The one complaint that I have about the Baofeng is the volume knob not having any clicky bits on it. If you're carry the thing the knob can easily get turned down too low to hear without your knowledge.

Garage door opener, wireless door bell?
Not really tuneable, however.