Whats your favorite language and why Jow Forums?

Whats your favorite language and why Jow Forums?
and whats the language you use the most either at work or in your personal projects?

Attached: programming-languages.png (949x652, 277K)

math, because it is the language of the universe

Haskell is favorite
I use c++ for personal prohects and neet

fpbp

based
i have many

c for simplicity
rust for power
python because its universal glue
guile/scheme because guix

Python bc it get shit done
Java bc it gives me a job

Favorite is Scheme.

Most used at work is C++, for own projects it's Go.

none, every language is shit in some way

>rust for power
>power
It's literally one of the most limited programming language. They deprive you lots of power to enforce safety.

>having a low level language with constructs and tools of high level languages

Oh boy, another jerk off thread.
Also let me regurgitate reasons to hate this programming language I never used.

Attached: 15486324786147.png (254x210, 38K)

I use Java the most because souless corporate life

Ive been using Solidity a lot lately for fun, its pretty wacky but I like the idea of class variables being stored in blockchain memory and not local memory and having interactive contracts be the result of deployed programs. Its a brave new world for this user

Kotlin

Check out Waves' RIDE. Going to be on mainnet in 3 days. Solidity is verbose crap.

Unironically PowerShell for both.

I like basic.

I just don't care anymore. For me it's whatever pays the bills. Currently C++.

sure ill check it out but also

>x language is bad!

is literally so obnoxious, no one cares

No, the Bible is the language of the universe, and Jesus is its messenger.

python
it jsut werks

>Kostanza-sneer.jpg
get a look at this plebmaster flex.

game maker language lol

Java is so comfy though. I wish I would use it at work. But never for personal project.

Jesus was a lying kike, which if you look at history you'd know is a tautology.

Thankfully the Bible warned us about demons like you.

Javascript and PHP

Attached: 1545438753757.jpg (422x422, 108K)

perl & c

Perl and Objective-C

Attached: wpid-article-1322149924155-0eee8cc200000578-625173_465x511.jpg (465x511, 33K)

>perl
but why

Stable. Fast. Similar to C. Compliments C very well. Very powerful.

>ctrl +f lisp
>no results
lisp is my favourite language, because it is the most powerful programming language.

Ruby, C# and Javascript

I've considered learning Perl as a scripting language before but literally fucking no one uses Perl anymore for new solutions and I want to be more marketable. Is it REALLY worth?

That's wrong. People do use it, CPAN is still dynamic. It's still a top language.

WIth Perl 6 i'd say it's a 50:50 gamble, it could really take off.

But Python...
God damn it you make me want to get into it again. I just don't want to spend my time in a technology that's not going to help me on a resume even if I like Perl's premise a lot actually. This is hard.

Attached: 1562423821793.jpg (907x778, 72K)

I would say if you're balls-deep in Python then ask one question.
Will you do a lot of text manipulation, if so you NEED Perl. Or sysadmin stuff, you will be far more powerful with Perl. Otherwise maybe your time would be well spent elsewhere.

pretty much this.

Has gaayyyyy deeze nuts is the universal language

I'm not balls deep in python, that's actually why I'm asking. I have no job. I know Common Lisp and some C but I want to deepen my arsenal with a strong scripting language. I use Linux a lot and I am considering creating a website soon, if that helps?

Unironically C++. I like template metaprogramming, C++17 and beyond, abusing sfinae to create rich and dynamic APIs, RAII to not have to worry about memory management, and I recently just got into clang's suite of static analyzers which make me feel like I'm living in the fucking future

Python is pretty much your exact use case. Perl is a distant second. Django is really nice for full on web applications, and for simple APIs python has a lot of really good simpler and less framework-oriented libraries. HTTP is built in, too.

>I like template metaprogramming
Give D a try and you will see what living in the future looks like. Too bad they made stupid choices, that language had potential.

I keep hearing about D, and it seems to be coming up even more recently, but I've never given it a shot. Will do.

Perl 6 is still incredibly slow

I write Javascript and Perl5!

Please go to one of the 50 rust vs go threads to discuss this and stop shitting up the whole board. If I have to endure one more LE RUST IS AMAZING ITS THE LANGUAGE OF THE FUTURE vs FUCK RUST IT DOESN'T LET ME WRITE NIGGER CODE argument I'm gonna fucking break.

Nim is better

Common Lisp

Vanilla languages like: C, C++, and Ada
New emerging languages like: Nim and V

I like Haskell and Rust. At work I use sepples and python. Such is life.

I use mainly python for work. Really interested in picking up C# and learning some .netcore. It seems to have a better ecosystem than java which I have some non professional experience with.

java and python at work and at home

I just got into Racket, which has been a blast

Python has probably been my most used for the last few years.

C overall because it is the OG, Go for web applications (Nothing comes even close right now, it is that far ahead), Haskell for feeling smart (it fucking sucks at everything else), and Python for just getting shit done.

Nim is too good for us. Won't last.

Clojure - modern practical lisp

half the languages in your picture are dead languages

Attached: 1562568579668.jpg (1875x1889, 196K)

python cuz ima brainlet

This

Attached: 1390945316640.jpg (197x190, 13K)

Haskell.

It's most usable language that is also usable.

I like Ada because it lets me be pedantic about numeric types/subtypes. You can have arrays that are arbitrarily indexed using discrete subtypes. So you can use zero or one as the starting index when it fits the problem. You can also have negative indexes if you wanted.

I've also gotten to use the representation clauses when doing bare metal programming on Arm. "Ada on Arm Cortex" taught me quite a bit about microcontroller programming.

All of my professional work is enterprise java.

erlang because it blew my mind and introduced me to super massive parallel computing ideas

>It's most usable language that is also usable
?

learning C was a straight-up awakening for me.
> forced to learn python for physics/mathematics undergrad
> spend two years solving differential equations in python
> learn C
> suddenly find that what took a day before could be done in an hour.
C is a great language: a terse yet extremely powerful abstraction of silicon.

Favorite? Lua. It's so cute and cozy. Lexical scoping in an itty bitty language. Second favorite is C, or C++. Hard to choose.

Most used at work is C++, followed by Python 3. I do also like Python. It's not perfect but it's good for what it's meant for.